Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Cameron and food banks

Old 18-04-2013, 17:39
petertard
Forum Member

I saw him in a clip on the tv, saying "We have made food banks more available to those that need them"; well, he certainly has made more need for food banks by his policies. But what would he know about food for the poor ? After all, he would be quaffing Dom Perignon champagne and eating Beluga caviar, stuff you don't see much of down at the food banks. His mansions will also have lots of spare bedrooms. The rich assigning policies for the poor when they have never experienced such a lifestyle, is distasteful.
petertard is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 18-04-2013, 17:42
Annsyre
Forum Member

So your thread isn't about food banks at all. It is just another opportunity to say spiteful things about Cameron.
Annsyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 17:43
Auld Snody
Inactive Member

I saw him in a clip on the tv, saying "We have made food banks more available to those that need them"; well, he certainly has made more need for food banks by his policies. But what would he know about food for the poor ? After all, he would be quaffing Dom Perignon champagne and eating Beluga caviar, stuff you don't see much of down at the food banks. His mansions will also have lots of spare bedrooms. The rich assigning policies for the poor when they have never experienced such a lifestyle, is distasteful.
why not make money more available for those that need it. Hey Presto . No need for food banks. Cut out the middle man
Auld Snody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 18:08
stevejk75
Forum Member

So your thread isn't about food banks at all. It is just another opportunity to say spiteful things about Cameron.
And I agree with Petertard
stevejk75 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 18:10
Jol44
Forum Member

There shouldn't be any need for food banks in this country and their growing need simply highlights the failure of government.
Jol44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 18:11
jassi
Forum Member

why not make money more available for those that need it. Hey Presto . No need for food banks. Cut out the middle man
Good thinking. It'll never catch on, though.
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 18:12
GibsonSG
Forum Member

Yea right you apologise for him. What other conlusion would you draw for the increased need for food banks?
GibsonSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 18:12
Annsyre
Forum Member

There shouldn't be any need for food banks in this country and their growing need simply highlights the failure of government.
Indeed, they mushroomed tenfold under Labour.
Annsyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 18:14
Auld Snody
Inactive Member

Indeed, they mushroomed tenfold under Labour.
Ah the deflection, but off the mark. It was Cameron we were talking about, and his comments
Old 18-04-2013, 18:21
a1974
Forum Member

I would not feel so bad about bedroom tax if only they to felt the burden that the poor are feeling e.g 1400.00 per week should cover it for every spare bedroom in the stately homes they own that have no one sleeping in them just think how many homeless would be rehoused?
a1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 18:42
Delboy219
Forum Member

Getting a bit fed up with all the deflection by the mental mob. It's the same shite every day. I'll give the members on the left their due, they seem like real people, and their DS content doesn't look like spambot's in action.

Honestly, if i said i stubbed my toe this morning, some numpty would jump in and blame Labour.
Delboy219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 18:49
Biffo the Bear
Forum Member

Getting a bit fed up with all the deflection by the mental mob. It's the same shite every day. I'll give the members on the left their due, they seem like real people, and their DS content doesn't look like spambot's in action.

Honestly, if i said i stubbed my toe this morning, some numpty would jump in and blame Labour.
Hah, typical Labour, blaming Labour for Labour!
Biffo the Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 18:55
Hit Em Up Style
Forum Member

It is a disgrace.
Hit Em Up Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 18:56
Hit Em Up Style
Forum Member

Have you seen one of the Thatcher Funeral threads? Tories in their are claiming it was Gordon Brown who signed off Maggie's funeral there for his fault it cost ten million lol

They are scrapping the bottom of the barrel now.
Hit Em Up Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 19:06
twogunthom
Inactive Member

I find this astonishing I would have expected foodbanks in a country whos finances had been drained in a world war. WTF is going on. Our Governments who allow this to happen on their watch should be embarrassed, ashamed of themselves, if they are not then we need a revolution to rid us of these people for good.
twogunthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 19:13
Jol44
Forum Member

I find this astonishing I would have expected foodbanks in a country whos finances had been drained in a world war. WTF is going on. Our Governments who allow this to happen on their watch should be embarrassed, ashamed of themselves, if they are not then we need a revolution to rid us of these people for good.
It's even worse than that, they are actually saying how great it is.

What the hell is going on!!
Old 18-04-2013, 19:16
BrokenArrow
Forum Member

Their content looks exactly like spambots, same shit every day.
BrokenArrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 19:19
BrokenArrow
Forum Member

In case you missed it, there is a 1 trillion debt and a 108 billion deficit to service.

Benefits come way down the list of priorities.
Old 18-04-2013, 19:20
Auld Snody
Inactive Member

Their content looks exactly like spambots, same shit every day.
Says BrokenRecord
Old 18-04-2013, 19:21
Auld Snody
Inactive Member

In case you missed it, there is a 1 trillion debt and a 108 billion deficit to service.

Benefits come way down the list of priorities.
So pay people to supply food banks rather than give the people in need money to buy what they need?. Do try some joined up thinking for a change
Old 18-04-2013, 19:26
Staunchy
Forum Member

BiB, looking at the front benches of the three main parties I would say that none of them have any real idea of what it's like to be poor. Added to that is a large growing number of them that have ate, drank and slept politics from such a young age that they don't have much experience of the world outside their political bubble.

I wonder why you start a thread accusing only one party of being like that when, IMHO they're all like that.
Staunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
auntiesocial
Forum Member

Is he serious? For the most part you have to jump through hoops for some official to issue a voucher to use the foodbank. This will get you 3 days non perishable food. You are limited to using the food bank only 3 times. It's ridiculous.
auntiesocial is offline   Reply With Quote
BrokenArrow
Forum Member

So pay people to supply food banks rather than give the people in need money to buy what they need?. Do try some joined up thinking for a change
They will get exactly what they from the food banks and nothing of what they don't need.

I already do joined up thinking thank you very much, that's why I don't need food banks.
Old 18-04-2013, 19:29
Jol44
Forum Member

Yes thanks to Osborne and his growth stifling plans.

If you really cared about debt you wouldn't be supporting that growth stunting inept buffoon.
Old 18-04-2013, 19:31
Auld Snody
Inactive Member

They will get exactly what they from the food banks and nothing of what they don't need.

I already do joined up thinking thank you very much, that's why I don't need food banks.
Food banks are a way of telling people that they should be grateful for what other people in society give them.
It is the antithesis of charity, it is a way of looking down on people and degrading them. Time to put that thinking into joined up mode.