Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Rebecca Ferguson quitting music?

Old 18-04-2013, 18:26
wise-up
Forum Member

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/ne...-me-happy.html

I personally think she is being overdramatic, she doesn't need to quit music altogether to escape fame and music industry sharks, just release independently and gig instead. If she is willing to give up so easily then she clearly doesn't care about music as much as she said she does.
wise-up is online now   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 18-04-2013, 18:28
PJ River
Inactive Member

Rebecca, go and talk to Janet Devlin.
PJ River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 18:42
annushka
Forum Member

I have a hard time understanding her...
She doesn't have half the issue with fame as some of the other other X factor contestants, the press doesn't seem to hound her, I don't see how the problem could be "fame". She seems to be able to remain relatively low profile while still having sold amazingly well, and she doesn't seem to suffer as much as others under the label of former X factor contestants. Tbh, she seems to be in a very lucky position.
Maybe it's more the kind of life that goes with the career (time consuming and loats of travel). It doesn't make things as easy when you are a mom.

It's her life I suppose, but it's a shame.
Considering the amount of people who wish they were in her position, have tried their hardest but have failed... It must seem almost unfair to them.
annushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 18:58
OMGItsAnnie
Forum Member

Can't say that I'll miss her, can barely remember her name.
OMGItsAnnie is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 21:02
jerefprdterra
Forum Member

It would be sad if this happens as she has a lot of talent, and certainly one of the best artists to come out of X Factor.
jerefprdterra is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 21:07
DUNDEEBOY
Forum Member

I assume its because she hasn't really done that well outwith the first album
DUNDEEBOY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 21:20
sweetmiss
Forum Member

I assume its because she hasn't really done that well outwith the first album
Her last album sold 700k with no radio support and a few tv appearances that's pretty good.
sweetmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 21:25
barrcode88
Forum Member

Yeah but I think she peaked too early, down hill from here.
barrcode88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 21:44
nooneoo
Forum Member

I have a hard time understanding her...
She doesn't have half the issue with fame as some of the other other X factor contestants, the press doesn't seem to hound her, I don't see how the problem could be "fame". She seems to be able to remain relatively low profile while still having sold amazingly well, and she doesn't seem to suffer as much as others under the label of former X factor contestants. Tbh, she seems to be in a very lucky position.
Maybe it's more the kind of life that goes with the career (time consuming and loats of travel). It doesn't make things as easy when you are a mom.

Considering the amount of people who wish they were in her position, have tried their hardest but have failed... It must seem almost unfair to them.
Exactly, don't know why she's the one moaning when there are far more other XF acts who have been in (much) worse positions that haven't said a thing.
nooneoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 21:45
felpcalibas
Forum Member

i love backtrack here in brazil theres a soap opera that uses glitter and gold in its soundtrack and the one before used too good to lose, her voice's one of the best voices out of the x factor
felpcalibas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 21:46
jerefprdterra
Forum Member

Very few of the X Factor contestants stand the test of time, because they are thrust into the limelite too quickly, which is the main problem with the show.
jerefprdterra is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 21:55
C14E
Forum Member

Very few of the X Factor contestants stand the test of time, because they are thrust into the limelite too quickly, which is the main problem with the show.
Although perhaps the most frequent criticism of the show on here is that the acts aren't just thrust into the limelight as presented on the show - they've often been kicking about for years trying to get a break.
C14E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 22:12
my name is joe
Forum Member

i'd be impressed with that if she does decide to quit. There's no reason why she should carry on in a job that doesn't make her happy anymore than anyone else should. A lot of artists find fame to be a load of crap, and not worth doing something you love for.
my name is joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 23:04
_elly001
Forum Member

Completely agree with your whole post but especially this bit. She has been astoundingly fortunate to release a critical and commercial success of an album. I don't get what she thought fame and success was going to be like. She's been really picky with her promotion and certainly hasn't ever seemed overworked. I just don't get her. So many singers would kill to be in her position and she's basically saying it isn't good enough? So weird.
_elly001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 00:20
fireemblemcraze
Forum Member

I'm so confused. I hope she doesn't and this is another stupid story because Rebecca is really special. And her album got rave reviews. She is a class act and always will be.
fireemblemcraze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 02:36
snuffles22
Forum Member

Total BS to drum up press coverage.
snuffles22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 02:48
Dreammaster695
Forum Member

one day she beat one direction on a tv show and now there the biggest stars in the world.. and shes.. well not the most sold around the world like louis walsh clamed, probally had a breakdown epically since she dumped one of them (zayne) lol.. :P
Dreammaster695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 03:46
nooneoo
Forum Member

one day she beat one direction on a tv show and now there the biggest stars in the world.. and shes.. well not the most sold around the world like louis walsh clamed, probally had a breakdown epically since she dumped one of them (zayne) lol.. :P
Her album did sell a similar amount as 1D's first album with much MUCH less promo and production cost (she co-wrote all the songs if I recall correctly) though.
nooneoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 08:15
Puterkid
Forum Member

I can't stand it when artists say they are 'thinking' of giving up It's just a publicity stunt. Let people know when you've made your decision!!!!!!!!!! Until then, shut up!

It's unfair on the fans as well.
Puterkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 12:24
jackbell
Forum Member

Yes, I'm disappoint in Rebecca if this is the case. When you look at her audition saying everyone told her 'You're a mother now - you've missed you chance' and now she's (at least threatening) giving it all up? Who is the threat aimed at? Because the labels won't be bothered and just move on to the next thing.
jackbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 18:07
hugsie
Forum Member

Perhaps having the reality, no matter how many aspire to it just isn't making her happy?
If so why shouldn't she look to change it?
Maybe she's realised her children and her love of music are more than enough. Maybe realising the realities of the industry & fame and how it can impact on your private life and your family just aren't worth it for her.
If that's true then good for her being honest..
hugsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 20:25
my name is joe
Forum Member

Yes, I'm disappoint in Rebecca if this is the case. When you look at her audition saying everyone told her 'You're a mother now - you've missed you chance' and now she's (at least threatening) giving it all up? Who is the threat aimed at? Because the labels won't be bothered and just move on to the next thing.
threat is your word not hers.

She's contemplating giving it up. Which means she may contemplate some more and decide not to or she might go through with it - but nobody is being threatened

There are dozens who should contemplate packing it in before Rebecca but I don't suppose the ones that should will
Old 19-04-2013, 20:58
jackbell
Forum Member

threat is your word not hers.

She's contemplating giving it up. Which means she may contemplate some more and decide not to or she might go through with it - but nobody is being threatened

There are dozens who should contemplate packing it in before Rebecca but I don't suppose the ones that should will
Threatening in this case meaning her career. It is her career being threatened. Where did I say anybody was being threatened.

Do I have to post everything twice for it to be understood?
jackbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 21:00
yellowlabbie
Forum Member

I hope she does whatever makes her and her children happy. Life is too short to do something that doesn't make you happy. Good luck to Rebecca in whatever she decides to do. I will miss her if she does decide to give it up.
yellowlabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 21:48
my name is joe
Forum Member

Threatening in this case meaning her career. It is her career being threatened. Where did I say anybody was being threatened.

Do I have to post everything twice for it to be understood?
no, not everything