Options

Internet forum abuse

MeMeMeIMeMeMeI Posts: 990
Forum Member
✭✭
I am a user of the www.walkingforum.co.uk and while being their I have had trouble with being harassed. stalked and trolled by members I have contacted the forum owner Cxxxx and tried many times to come to agreement. One of his Moderator staff is one of the people stalking, harassing and trolling me. but I find I have fallen in to their tarp and been at time given warnings for replying back to their Libel and trolling of myself.

One of the users even comments how he knows of what posts I have removed, of what warning I receive etc. I have brought this up with the owner Cxxxx, whos latest reply is

None of your personal details (email address, ip numbers) have been compromised as only I have access to them. If RP has been talking to his friends about action he has taken that is up to him, there are no rules to prevent that.

Cxxxx.

Is there anything else I can do to stop this forum staff from sharing my details and abusing my rights.

I do not know how to find out who hosts the site etc although I have been told by someone else to use who is. But the results just confuss me..

Any helpful advice anyone been in similar situation..

Comments

• Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Easy answer. Don't go there anymore.
  • Options
    scottie2121scottie2121 Posts: 11,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Croctacus wrote: »

Agree with this. Sometimes it's best just to take yourself somewhere else (or nowhere at all) rather than keep yourself in a place where people treat you in the way you describe.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    What rights do you think you have that you think they are abusing?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    What rights do you think you have that you think they are abusing?

Deleted
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MeMeMeI wrote: »
    Is there anything else I can do to stop this forum staff from sharing my details and abusing my rights.

Who would they share details with and what rights could they abuse?
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even if the moderator has access to your IP address that doesn't mean he knows your house address. The lack of rules about mods talking about what they've done with other members is a wee bit unprofessional but it's a privately owned site (registered to Chris Butler (this info is publicly accessible)) and they can do what they want, essentially.

Vote with your feet. Join another walking forum and leave this one. There are many out there.
  • Options
    Lordy LordyLordy Lordy Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Croctacus wrote: »

x3, it's not worth the hassle:yawn:
  • Options
    Pandora 9Pandora 9 Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with what the others have posted ... I would never visit the forum again. Social networking sites are supposed to be enjoyable and if you are being trolled by someone who is actually a mod it sounds like they don't care about their members at all. There are lots of other sites you can post on without being attacked so go elsewhere.
  • Options
    MeMeMeIMeMeMeI Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you for the advice folks:)