Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Shall I get an I-pad?

Old 08-05-2013, 00:16
whoever,hey
Forum Member

That's what *you* know. There's no such a thing as a "proper" keyboard. I can type just as fast on my iPad as I can on a traditional stand alone keyboard.
Can you blind touch type on a physical keyboard? If not you have nothing to stand on with this argument. What is your wpm?
whoever,hey is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:56
PPhilster
Inactive Member

Can you blind touch type on a physical keyboard? If not you have nothing to stand on with this argument. What is your wpm?
As I said, I can type just as quick on the iPad as I can on a traditional keyboard. You can believe it or not.
PPhilster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:59
PPhilster
Inactive Member

I'd suggest that was more to do with your deficiency as a typist rather than touchscreen keyboards having reached the same level of utility as physical keyboards
I would not "suggest, " I would definitely say your close mindedness is preventing you from accepting certain truths.
PPhilster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:12
paulbrock
Forum Member

I would not "suggest, " I would definitely say your close mindedness is preventing you from accepting certain truths.
which are what, you're a bad typist
paulbrock is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:33
Gilbertoo
Forum Member

As I said, I can type just as quick on the iPad as I can on a traditional keyboard. You can believe it or not.
I can type fairly quickly on my iPad, but never as quickly (or accurately) as with a proper keyboard, especially when the use of numbers and/or punctuation is required.

I don't doubt that you can type just as quick on your iPad, but I think the standard of your keyboard skills may not be too great to begin with.
Gilbertoo is offline   Reply With Quote