Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

NCIS - Gibbs basement

Old 22-04-2013, 19:53
HorizonPete

It's been a while since it was mentioned on the show but has anyone worked out how Gibbs got his boat out of the basement. I can't remember anything being said since he handed the boat to Mike Franks - other than telling McGee that he "broke the bottle" when asked.

As he's now working on smaller wood projects I don't foresee a point where they'll explain it; unless he gets married and divorced again!
HorizonPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 22-04-2013, 19:58
kendoguk
Forum Member

Takes them apart then rebuilds them outside?
kendoguk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 21:38
alternate
Forum Member

I don't think it is meant to be explained.
alternate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 22:45
Ethel_Fred
Forum Member

Gibbs was asked about it once by someone who had seen several boats being constructed - he didn't answer. I suspect it's never going to be answered
Ethel_Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2013, 11:26
JasonWatkins
Forum Member

Maybe it's just a sub-basement garage type thing with an actual door .. all the cameraman has to do is turn around
JasonWatkins is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2013, 17:20
Spiderpig
Forum Member

I may be wrong but I think in one episode he gave the impresion that he burned his last boat to have room for the one he was then making. I think the joke is that we never really get to find out what he does with them. I notice that he can go home and work on his current project whilst his team go on solving the latest problem.
Spiderpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 12:51
HorizonPete

I may be wrong but I think in one episode he gave the impresion that he burned his last boat to have room for the one he was then making. I think the joke is that we never really get to find out what he does with them. I notice that he can go home and work on his current project whilst his team go on solving the latest problem.
Can't remember which episode but one of the team asks "where's Gibbs?" and I think Tony says "thinking" and it cuts to a shot of Gibbs sanding in the basement.
HorizonPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 13:08
Philip Wales
Forum Member

Yep, I always thought it was a "question, never answered" to show the mysterious side to Gibbs.

One that puzzles me is the lack of glasses in the basement, and he always has to empty out jam jars with screws and nails in them. I remember my dads garage, and he last thing I would want to drink from is an old jam jar that was filled with screws!!
Philip Wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 20:10
flos
Forum Member

for a ncis agent his home is very unsecure lol hes often in the basement with the main door unlocked ... anyone could walk in!
interestingly its only his house we see ... briefly seen zivas thou... i personally would love to see abbys house!
flos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 22:08
richparr
Forum Member

for a ncis agent his home is very unsecure lol hes often in the basement with the main door unlocked ... anyone could walk in!
interestingly its only his house we see ... briefly seen zivas thou... i personally would love to see abbys house!
We've also seen Tony's apartment a few times this series and didn't we see Ducky's house in an earlier series.
richparr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 22:15
kendoguk
Forum Member

Tony apartment is awesome till u see the single bed lol and we've seen Mgees a few times Aswell.
kendoguk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 13:23
GibsonGirl
Forum Member

The ONLY home we haven't seen (yet) is Jimmy's. In fact, I'd love to see a Brian Dietzen episode. His talents are being held back too much. I would love to hear him sing and see him dance. He's apparently very good at both.
GibsonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 20:31
flos
Forum Member

i dont remeber seeing tonys apparetment :S

i thought duckys house was huge! (watched a episode with it in last night)
Old 26-04-2013, 20:35
duckymallard
Forum Member

Would that be the classic one, when Gibbs is asked "What Ducky looked like when he was young" and replied "Illya Kuryakin"
duckymallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 21:04
flos
Forum Member

Would that be the classic one, when Gibbs is asked "What Ducky looked like when he was young" and replied "Illya Kuryakin"
yes
Old 26-04-2013, 21:06
duckymallard
Forum Member

I must get out more.
duckymallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2013, 01:09
malcy30
Forum Member

Tony's apartment features a lot in the latest season currently screening on Fox. It was the ones when his dad comes back for Christmas.
malcy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2013, 08:23
fickrick
Forum Member

The ONLY home we haven't seen (yet) is Jimmy's. In fact, I'd love to see a Brian Dietzen episode. His talents are being held back too much. I would love to hear him sing and see him dance. He's apparently very good at both.
just what we need a musical episode (like they have done with a few US shows)
fickrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2013, 12:56
ROWLING2010
Forum Member

In one episode when Gibbs was looking after a child whos father had been kidnapped or something, the child asked how is got the boat out and Gibbs replied that he could knock down a wall and build a ramp.
ROWLING2010 is offline   Reply With Quote