Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Dragon's Dogma

Old 23-04-2013, 14:32
SilverCrown
Forum Member

Has anyone played this? I loved the first one. The new one is out on Friday, and it looks pretty awesome. Spent many hours playing the first one!

Anyone picking up Dark Arisen on Friday?
SilverCrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 23-04-2013, 14:37
lamblamlamb
Forum Member

I thought it was just an expansion of the orignal game.
lamblamlamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2013, 15:19
SilverCrown
Forum Member

Technically it is. But since it's not just DLC, I count it as a second.
Old 23-04-2013, 15:25
Monkey Munch
Forum Member

Its the original game with an expansion that you can't get as DLC

Got my email today saying it had been dispatched so will be with me tomorrow. Looking forward to it, comes highly recommended from my friends and can't wait to start using their Pawns. Glad i held off buying it until this edition
Monkey Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2013, 15:44
SilverCrown
Forum Member

It is a good deal. Dark Arisen and the original. It's pretty cheap too, so not that bad.

Looking forward to seeing the changes they've made since the the first part. The Pawns were not really much help, so hopefully they've made a few changes to make them more effective.
Old 23-04-2013, 18:07
2Dshmuplover
Forum Member

I went for this over Dead Island Riptide this week simply because it's only 15 (and Riptide which I thought was going to be a budget release isn't!). It's one of the last big RPG's I need to pickup this gen, been holding back on it because of this package. Had no idea it was going to be so cheap, especially since the original game held it's price so well.
2Dshmuplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 11:17
SilverCrown
Forum Member

You will not be let down! It's a great game.

My order has shipped. Hopefully will get it tomorrow! If anyone plays it on the PS3 and wants to share Pawns, let me know.
Old 24-04-2013, 11:27
thomas2400
Forum Member

Started to play this (original version) yesterday after months of my brother going on at me about how great it was

I thought it looked a bit to Skyrim for my tastes but boy was i wrong, i like every mechanic that it has introduced so far after playing a few missions and finishing the basic training in the encampment need where you start

My only hope and i might be able to be it later on, is that you can mix classes, i chose to be a Warrior but it'd be nice if i can develop even if somewhat limited Mage skills

My brother is getting Dark Arisen this week so i'll be free to play this version for as long as i like, which i can see being a very long time

Edit: it feels like i'm slightly cheating though, i have myself and two pawns that the game gave me at about level 5 and then i have my brothers Rook Pawn which is about level 100, so i might just sit back and watch the action unfold
thomas2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 17:03
Pink Knight
Forum Member

I went for this over Dead Island Riptide this week simply because it's only 15
I've read a review for Dead Island Riptide on Gamespot, for the PC. Apparently its a stinker.
I thought the first was only ok on consoles, so will avoid Riptide like the Plague.

Might pick up the new Dogma game, its self contained then, not just an expansion ?
Pink Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 17:56
fluffed
Forum Member

It is self contained, and 13 quid on Asda. Couldn't resist at that price.
fluffed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 18:25
2Dshmuplover
Forum Member

I actually got this through this today from Shopto, one of the rare occasions I've received a game from them two days before release.

I've read a review for Dead Island Riptide on Gamespot, for the PC. Apparently its a stinker.
I thought the first was only ok on consoles, so will avoid Riptide like the Plague.

Might pick up the new Dogma game, its self contained then, not just an expansion ?

I'll still get Ripide, I know I'll love it but it's just far too expensive, I was expecting it the other way around concerning the price, especially considering the amount of the content that's on offer here. DD:DA contains not only the first game but also ALL of the post release DLC and the new expansion as well. On 360 it comes on two disks, one install and one game disk, I'm guessing the digital version will be released on Friday as well.
Old 24-04-2013, 18:33
SilverCrown
Forum Member

Let us know what you think of it, 2D.
Old 24-04-2013, 21:05
2Dshmuplover
Forum Member

Will do Not sure what to expect tbh, if it's somewhere between Skyrim and Dark Souls then I think I'll enjoy it.
Old 25-04-2013, 09:16
Monkey Munch
Forum Member

I received my copy yesterday but a GF veto scuppered my plans to play it
Monkey Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 09:42
seanf
Forum Member

I actually got this through this today from Shopto, one of the rare occasions I've received a game from them two days before release.

I'll still get Ripide, I know I'll love it but it's just far too expensive, I was expecting it the other way around concerning the price, especially considering the amount of the content that's on offer here. DDA contains not only the first game but also ALL of the post release DLC and the new expansion as well. On 360 it comes on two disks, one install and one game disk, I'm guessing the digital version will be released on Friday as well.
2D do you want to use my pawn he could use the exp.
seanf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 14:05
SilverCrown
Forum Member

Just got my copy of Dark Arisen in the post. Decided to start a brand a new character, and go through it all again.
Old 25-04-2013, 14:23
thomas2400
Forum Member

Does dark arisen have trophies? i noticed when i played the original for the first time the list was already called dark arisen
thomas2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 14:27
SilverCrown
Forum Member

Sadly not.
Old 25-04-2013, 14:31
gother
Forum Member

If anyone wants to use my pawns my psn id is thegame2k0
gother is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 15:47
The Special One
Forum Member

Does anyone know if the Asda price will be the same instore?
The Special One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 18:22
2Dshmuplover
Forum Member

2D do you want to use my pawn he could use the exp.
Sure I'm right at that point where I've made my pawn and need to pick another so that would make the decision easier. How do I go about doing that? Thanks
Old 26-04-2013, 20:31
seanf
Forum Member

Sure I'm right at that point where I've made my pawn and need to pick another so that would make the decision easier. How do I go about doing that? Thanks
In the rift you can search for friends pawns.
Old 27-04-2013, 01:40
2Dshmuplover
Forum Member

In the rift you can search for friends pawns.
Right thank you. Does that mean you can't play with your pawn if I'm online using it? hehe I can't kill it or anything can I?
Old 27-04-2013, 10:51
SilverCrown
Forum Member

You can throw the pawn off a cliff if you want.

His pawn will never die in his game if it dies in yours. If it does die in yours, it'll just go back to him with the items and knowledge it gained whilst playing with your character.

He'll also always be able to play with his pawn, even if you're using it.
Old 28-04-2013, 07:16
seanf
Forum Member

2D let me know what class would help more and ill change him for you. Once ive changed him i think you need to sleep and it will update. I'm thinking of putting him back to standard mage with healing abilities.

Just thought, not sure if ny pawn will show im down to silver account until pay day