Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

advice on upgrade and massive screens

Old 24-04-2013, 16:34
biawhiska
Forum Member

i currently have an S2 due an upgrade december.

the s4 has such a huge screen it puts me off. i only use my phone for texts/emails, twitter and the odd forum.

im wondering about getting an iphone 5 instead as smaller screen but would it be a big switch from samsung to iphone? are they easy to use. i am guessing the s4 will be complicated too.
biawhiska is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 24-04-2013, 16:37
enapace
Forum Member

i currently have an S2 due an upgrade december.

the s4 has such a huge screen it puts me off. i only use my phone for texts/emails, twitter and the odd forum.

im wondering about getting an iphone 5 instead as smaller screen but would it be a big switch from samsung to iphone? are they easy to use. i am guessing the s4 will be complicated too.
It would be a big switch going to an IPhone but iOS is a very easy system to use once you got hang of it as long as you don't mind Itunes. I would seriously consider though getting a 5S as they will be available come december and a S4 isn't a complicated phone at all none of them are these days anymore.
enapace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 16:59
IvanIV
Forum Member

How about S3 mini then?
IvanIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 17:19
biawhiska
Forum Member

i dont know. is that smaller than the s2 normal size? i like my current phone. ive got an ipod touch used it about once. guess could play around on that. so hard to choose!
Old 24-04-2013, 17:29
mred2000
Forum Member

How about S3 mini then?
I thought the S3 mini was actually a worse spec phone than the S2? (marginally...S2 has dual 1.2 CPU, S3 Mini has dual 1.0 CPU) S2 screen is 4.3 inch versus the S3 Mini at 4 inch.

OP - your upgrade is months off, for starters. Also, the S2 is a good phone, you're not legally obliged to have to upgrade your phone - if it does what you want it to do then you could go on a cheaper, sim-only, tariff.

Otherwise, yes, the iPhone is smaller than the S4. iOS would take a bit of getting used to but it does the job.
mred2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 14:54
biawhiska
Forum Member

Thanks. Yes true upgrade miles off just got bored so was looking at phones. True my current phone is good I could just keep it a bit longer. Will decide nearer the time
Old 25-04-2013, 15:14
spendleb
Forum Member

I had the S2 and just switched to the HTC One which has the same screen size as the S4 I think, tbh there isn't that much difference at all, hardly notice the increase in size.
spendleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 19:00
biawhiska
Forum Member

thats interesting. thank you
is it quite easy to use like the s2?
Old 26-04-2013, 19:17
jabbamk1
Forum Member

I had the S2 and just switched to the HTC One which has the same screen size as the S4 I think, tbh there isn't that much difference at all, hardly notice the increase in size.
The Galaxy S4 is actually smaller, thinner and lighter than the HTC One.

Go have a play with both and see if you can get used to the increase in size. Tbh i've gone from a 3.2" screen size to a 5.5" screen size in under 3 years. I would never be able to use a screen that small again now.
jabbamk1 is offline   Reply With Quote