Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

X Factor USA winner Tate Stevens projected to bomb with 14-16k sales

Old 24-04-2013, 21:01
achro
Forum Member

From HitsDailyDouble:

"Michael Buble will have both the top debut and the #1 album next week. Here are this week's key new releases:

Michael Buble (Reprise) 150-175k
Fantasia (RCA) 90-95k
Phoenix (Glassnote) 45-50k
Rob Zombie (T-Boy/UMe) 27-32k
Will.i.Am (Interscope) 20-25k
Snoop Lion (RCA) 18-21k
Tate Stevens (RCA Nashville) 14-16k"
achro is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 24-04-2013, 21:20
annushka
Forum Member

The problem is that he won in the first place IMO, they had a few worthy candidates who are bound to do better in the charts.

Not that I dislike him, he seemed to sing well enough from what I heard... But I don't get the star quality from him. The fact that he was country was also going to limit him a little.
annushka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 21:40
PJ River
Inactive Member

The problem is that he won in the first place IMO, they had a few worthy candidates who are bound to do better in the charts.

Not that I dislike him, he seemed to sing well enough from what I heard... But I don't get the star quality from him. The fact that he was country was also going to limit him a little.
Country singers coming from talent shows tend to really well in the US like Scotty McCreery and Carrie Underwood.
PJ River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 21:51
4troy7
Forum Member

Wait has he released his album already ?
4troy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 21:55
annushka
Forum Member

Country singers coming from talent shows tend to really well in the US like Scotty McCreery and Carrie Underwood.
True enough, now that you mention it! I don't listen to country at all, so I had forgotten about them...
If I say that they are a lot younger and (maybe) more attractive, It's going to sound bad, isn't it?

When he won, I wasn't that enthousiastic tbh...
I suppose that's cause I fellt the girl (Carly) should have won, though with kids, you never know how things will turn out later. But she was more my cup of tea.
Old 24-04-2013, 22:22
PJ River
Inactive Member

True enough, now that you mention it! I don't listen to country at all, so I had forgotten about them...
If I say that they are a lot younger and (maybe) more attractive, It's going to sound bad, isn't it?

When he won, I wasn't that enthousiastic tbh...
I suppose that's cause I fellt the girl (Carly) should have won, though with kids, you never know how things will turn out later. But she was more my cup of tea.
That's something we can't understand in Europe. Country music is in the heart of the USA. That's their number one music. Nobody else in the world listens to country and I mean real country (not Taylor Swift).
Old 24-04-2013, 23:48
marianner
Forum Member

That's something we can't understand in Europe. Country music is in the heart of the USA. That's their number one music. Nobody else in the world listens to country and I mean real country (not Taylor Swift).
Country is massive in norway and lso sweden. In Sweden its called dansband but it's the same thing. I think also aussies have a huge love of it.
He hasn't promoted it so no wonder it hasn't sold much.
Still think tates a great guy. Wish him all the best.
marianner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 01:55
Dreammaster695
Forum Member

not surprised, how sad how both of simons x factor us winners have done worse than steve brookstein... i predict the show wont make it to season 4
Dreammaster695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 02:41
C14E
Forum Member

I'm not sure they ever had great hopes for him, SYCO seem to be all about Fifth Harmony and Emblem 3. Tate was a decent contestant but not a particularly promising winner. As has so often been the case in the UK, the winners have a habit of being safe and pleasant rather than having any real X Factor. One Direction's continued success in the States gives them something to tout but the $5m prize is looking like a total waste of time now.

On a different note, will.i.am not doing too well either whereas Fantasia is still hanging in there. Never a big star and at one point I thought she might be dropped (and she was from 19) but that's not bad at all these days.
C14E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 02:45
PJ River
Inactive Member

Country is massive in norway and lso sweden. In Sweden its called dansband but it's the same thing. I think also aussies have a huge love of it.
He hasn't promoted it so no wonder it hasn't sold much.
Still think tates a great guy. Wish him all the best.
Does it really sound like US country ?
Old 25-04-2013, 02:53
Oliver Loxton-P
Inactive Member

WOW, that's really bad. I heard even Olly Murs made the top ten.
Oliver Loxton-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 03:16
Antonio_Villela
Forum Member

WOW, that's really bad. I heard even Olly Murs made the top ten.
Olly Murs almost missed the top 20
Antonio_Villela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 08:40
marianner
Forum Member

Does it really sound like US country ?
Yes it does. A lot of big stars record them in nashville even it's just a scandinavian release.

I think there's room for all genres. Rock,pop,edm,country,classical,opera watever. They all have a fanbase and the music industry should reflect that.
marianner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 14:47
Trucker_Rob
Forum Member

not surprised, how sad how both of simons x factor us winners have done worse than steve brookstein... i predict the show wont make it to season 4
I think there is A LOT riding on the success of 5th Harmony later in the year.

They are good, but they have got to get the lead single right.

- tim
Trucker_Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 15:01
annushka
Forum Member

Emblem 3 has released a single too, they could be doing alright as well...
I have no clue where they are in the charts right now, but they seem to have some fans outisde the US too.

I liked Carly too... With the right material, she is a force to be reckoned with IMO.
Old 25-04-2013, 18:28
big brother 9
Forum Member

Dony they have a country chart over there?
big brother 9 is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 12:46
Diceroll_81
Forum Member

Actually by XFUS standards this isn't toooooooooo bad lol. None of the series one contestants have charted this high - I think Chris Rene did about 9k his first week and people like Rachel and Marcus didn't even crack the top 100 with their EPs. And then there's Melanie........
Diceroll_81 is offline   Reply With Quote