Old 24-04-2013, 22:55
WhyHelloWorld
Forum Member

So we have the four girls remaining....

Amber
Angie
Candice
Kree

Could we see a shock elimination of Candice leaving? The best vocalist on the show?

Or will Amber, a bottom 2 regular, be going home?

Interesting song choices this week (but Angie...a Jessie J song...AGAIN...one you have ALREADY sung....and Amber...wot?) Candice singing Drake!? How will THAT work?
WhyHelloWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 25-04-2013, 05:46
Makson
Forum Member

I get a slight hunch that Randy would rather like to see Amber in the final...
Makson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 15:43
WhyHelloWorld
Forum Member

Spoiler

^ thoughts on the night. In spoiler cause i dont want to ruin it.
WhyHelloWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 22:29
Flower Pot
Forum Member

noone watching tonight? o.O

my top 2 for tonight were angie & kree, i thought candice seemed to lose her form with every song tonight and although amber sounded unusually good with her 1st song (soft ballad suited her thin voice) her weakness showed through in her 2nd song with off-key shreiking
Flower Pot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 22:41
baroquepop
Forum Member

Very quiet this week. I'm watching now on my PVR.

Thoughts on first songs.
Angie - very good song choice. Very glamorous!
Candice - what was that? I wasn't wowed by it.
Kree - didn't like the song choice. I like her but I'm get frustrated that she never seems to move me.
Angie - is playing a smart game here. Really defining herself as an artist rather than being in a 'singing competition'.

My first song order: Angie, Amber, Candice, Kree
baroquepop is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 23:12
gcmac
Forum Member

Angie definitely won the night for me, I don't think she was the best vocally, but she gave the most emotion and seemed the most like an artist.
Amber was great on her first song but I thought her second song was a poor choice and I thought the judges praise was very over the top, I agreed with Jimmy's comments on the performance.
This was a really poor night for Candice, she needs to live up to lovesong and neither of her song choices came close tonight.
I loved Kree at the start of top 10 but she seems to have lost her spark in the last couple of weeks. She needs to really consider her song choices carefully.
gcmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 00:13
mimik1uk
Forum Member

i seem to say this every week but I must be missing something about amber as she was distinctly average imo. can her song choices get any cornier , power of love and mcarthur park after singing without you last week. shes singing tired old songs that are so karaoke its unbelievable but keeps getting rave reviews from the judges. standing ovations for those performances , really ?

Candice vocally again is great but I just hate the songs she is singing, I can tell she has a great voice but the genre she is doing maybe just isn't my thing.

kree was boring tonight , nothing else really to say.

angie has been my favourite all along so i'm probably a bit biased but thought she blew them all away tonight. think it was keith that said a few weeks ago he judges performances based on goosebumps and she is the only one that has done that to me consistently.
mimik1uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 01:33
gcmac
Forum Member

i seem to say this every week but I must be missing something about amber as she was distinctly average imo. can her song choices get any cornier , power of love and mcarthur park after singing without you last week. shes singing tired old songs that are so karaoke its unbelievable but keeps getting rave reviews from the judges. standing ovations for those performances , really ?

Candice vocally again is great but I just hate the songs she is singing, I can tell she has a great voice but the genre she is doing maybe just isn't my thing.

kree was boring tonight , nothing else really to say.

angie has been my favourite all along so i'm probably a bit biased but thought she blew them all away tonight. think it was keith that said a few weeks ago he judges performances based on goosebumps and she is the only one that has done that to me consistently.
I liked Amber to begin with but this week her choices were rubbish, I thought the start of the power of love was fab, but Angie definitely stole the show for me, I had liked Angie until top 10 and she started dropping down for me with a few poor song choices and I had her below Candice, Kree and Amber, but the last two weeks she's the only one who seems to have come out fighting and showing that she wants to win rather than just performing a nice song. I don't feel light Kree has shown that fight for a few weeks and I think Candice is struggling to live up to her performance 2 weeks ago.
gcmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 02:20
barneyboy
Forum Member

Amber was best (this week) Kree was the worst. The results show p*ssed me off. What a cop out.
barneyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 06:30
iamstrong
Forum Member

Result show spoilers:

Spoiler
iamstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 10:31
Dirtyhippy
Forum Member

Amber - really great voice but awful song choice - judges over reactions mean she think's she's doing ok but she won't win. (Edit - great looking girl but no personality doesn't help)

Kree - what on earth was she thinking of doing WSOP - totally wrong song choice at this stage, didn't know her first choice but perhaps Americans do - she didn't shine last night.

Candice - does anyone know Oleta Adams? cos she sounds just like her - again - great voice but too conservative, love her jazz stylings though.

Angie - easily the most interesting singer left, boundless energy and I feel the emotion she gives - I think she will win (I said that to my wife 2 weeks ago so this isn't a recent prediction based on last night)
Dirtyhippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 11:21
Scrufox86
Forum Member

Angie definitely won the night for me, I don't think she was the best vocally, but she gave the most emotion and seemed the most like an artist.
Amber was great on her first song but I thought her second song was a poor choice and I thought the judges praise was very over the top, I agreed with Jimmy's comments on the performance.
This was a really poor night for Candice, she needs to live up to lovesong and neither of her song choices came close tonight.
I loved Kree at the start of top 10 but she seems to have lost her spark in the last couple of weeks. She needs to really consider her song choices carefully.
Bit in bold - What? Angie has been the best vocalist from the start. And she definitely was the best on top 4 night.
Scrufox86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 11:27
barneyboy
Forum Member

Amber was best (this week) Kree was the worst. The results show p*ssed me off. What a cop out.
I meant Angie was the best. Sorry guys x
Old 26-04-2013, 11:27
Scrufox86
Forum Member

Result show spoilers:

Spoiler
Spoilers just in case...

Spoiler
Scrufox86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 12:42
Saturn
Forum Member

Spoilers just in case...

Spoiler
Spoiler
Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 12:47
JauntyMonty
Forum Member

Spoilers just in case...

Spoiler
Spoiler

They are all excellent singers but no one shone and and the only song choices I enjoyed came from Kree. Ambers choices were horrible and she was nowhere near as good as the judges made out. Angie was good but I think the judges were OTT with the praise for her Jessie J cover. Candice, normally the best singer, had a mediocre night which her cold can't be entirely blamed for.

For me 1 Kree, 2 Angie, 3 Candice, 4 Amber
JauntyMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 12:49
barneyboy
Forum Member

Its really bad. I dont know how to do the spoiler thing so will try to be careful. There was a deffo girl that shouldve gone last night. You know who, I cant believe whos voting when shes getting more votes! She's good but not a worldwide superstar.
Old 26-04-2013, 12:51
barneyboy
Forum Member

Spoiler

They are all excellent singers but no one shone and and the only song choices I enjoyed came from Kree. Ambers choices were horrible and she was nowhere near as good as the judges made out. Angie was good but I think the judges were OTT with the praise for her Jessie J cover. Candice, normally the best singer, had a mediocre night which her cold can't be entirely blamed for.

For me 1 Kree, 2 Angie, 3 Candice, 4 Amber
Kree number 1? I think she's great but shes picking such crap songs and wears awful clothes.
Old 26-04-2013, 13:13
JauntyMonty
Forum Member

Clothes don't come into my ranking... and its not as if they have complete choice over what they get to wear anyway. I've read a number of times where someone has been given something different to wear at the last minute. Also often they don't have much choice song wise either.

I liked Krees choices this week. There was a nice contrast to her selections. WSOP is an amazing song. I didn't like her choices last week but that was last week.

Its not as if any of the others did that well with song choice this week. Angie's were ok but Candice's didn't work and Amber chose awful songs (again).
JauntyMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 20:43
Flower Pot
Forum Member

what a shite song! o.O
Old 26-04-2013, 20:56
Flower Pot
Forum Member

haha no surprises there at all!
Old 26-04-2013, 21:01
Flower Pot
Forum Member

Its really bad. I dont know how to do the spoiler thing so will try to be careful. There was a deffo girl that shouldve gone last night. You know who, I cant believe whos voting when shes getting more votes! She's good but not a worldwide superstar.
who ?
Old 26-04-2013, 22:13
Sylvia
Forum Member

noone watching tonight? o.O
Probably plenty watching but they don't know this forum exists on DS, seeing as the powers that be have done their best to hide it.
Sylvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 22:18
Sylvia
Forum Member

Anybody agree with me that Angie is the spitting image of the girl who plays Maria on Coronation Street?
Sylvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 23:20
Jocolah
Forum Member

[quote=JauntyMonty;65576590]
Spoiler

I agree, Angie's version was not a patch on the Jessie J cover. However, although not the best singer, she does give some of the best performances at times.

As for Candice - best singer of the 4 but unfortunately her song choices and performances this week have let her down and she really needs to up her game or pull something out the bag like she did several weeks ago.
Jocolah is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote