Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Vita at argos

Old 26-04-2013, 10:41
3PS
Forum Member

Looking at vita to buy at argos and the price of the 3g one is on offer cheaper then the wifi. Also you can get little big planet 2 4gb memory card and the 3g/wifi for 199.99, where the wifi one is priced at 219.19 on that offer. Do you think they are trying to shift more 3g ones as that offer stands till July.
3PS is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 26-04-2013, 10:55
fastest finger
Forum Member

Sony are currently on a drive to shift the 3G model all over the world. There is speculation that they are clearing stocks of the 3G model as it is being dropped.

Not that it should stop you buying a 3G version if you consider it's good price. You would be at no disadvantage in owning one, as it does everything the WiFi version does.
fastest finger is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 13:30
General Lunacy
Forum Member

Am I right in assuming there would be no difference in battery consumption between the two?
General Lunacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 16:01
General Lunacy
Forum Member

That was probably a silly question wasn't it
General Lunacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 16:40
NorfolkBoy1
Forum Member

That was probably a silly question wasn't it
Not at all, I would expect the 3G version to be a little more hungry, but have no evidence to back this up whatsoever.
NorfolkBoy1 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 17:15
fastest finger
Forum Member

Not at all, I would expect the 3G version to be a little more hungry, but have no evidence to back this up whatsoever.
I agree. There are many factors which can have an impact on it's battery life, such as Wifi, screen brightness or the type of game being played, making 3G a minor consideration. I imagine you can turn it off if you want to, as you can the WiFi.
fastest finger is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 19:42
gds1972
Forum Member

You should also budget for getting a second memory card as 4GB will fill up very quickly as there are some very good games on the PSN, plus I don't know if Little Big Planet is a download code or a cartridge game.
gds1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2013, 01:30
Yuffie
Forum Member

I was going to say about the memory card too. The 4Gb holds only 1 or 2 full games. As it comes with the deal, and most deals everywhere, it will do, but certainly think about getting yourself the biggest one. Thats 60 I think, unless anyone is currently doing a deal but I haven't found one. Keep that in mind regardless of which model you buy.
Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote