Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Watchdog BBC ONE Wednesday 1st May 2013

Old 13-06-2013, 08:32
bob up and down
Forum Member

Why do you watch it? You come on every week to tell us how much you hate it. And you diss every single story they do.

Watch Mr & Mrs instead. Better for your blood pressure.
Actually.... I don't watch all of it.... I just dip in and out to see how awful it gets and then as is my right, I complain about it! If you think this dumbed down rubbish is worthy of any praise then I suggest your blood pressure may be too low or you may actually be dead.

Mr and Mrs would not be better for my blood pressure I can assure you.......
bob up and down is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 13-06-2013, 09:58
Doghouse Riley
Forum Member

What always amuses me, is how often highly paid "investigative reporters" get tongue-tied, whenever they go off-script.
Doghouse Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 11:05
Domestiques
Inactive Member

Its ridiculous having company spokes people in the studio to answer back, they know its a strict slot, 2 minutes or so, they just have to string out the high percentage of our customers are very happy spiel for a minute and a half and bingo, anne is screwed as they have to quickly move onto the next piece. They should pre record that piece, chop off the high percentage of our customers are happy bollocks and take them to task a bit more.
Domestiques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 11:35
danielson81
Forum Member

I really find it hard to believe that woman who went to Australia with her T-Mobile phone was unaware of data roaming charges abroad. Did she expect it would be free?

Surely she would of turned data off when she got to Australia, its not as if this is a new technology any more!

Imagine if I spent hours ringing adult lines, because I wasn't told by T-mobile at the time, they cost s a minute?

However, to her credit she won.
danielson81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 20:41
Bushmills
Forum Member

Actually.... I don't watch all of it.... I just dip in and out to see how awful it gets and then as is my right, I complain about it! If you think this dumbed down rubbish is worthy of any praise then I suggest your blood pressure may be too low or you may actually be dead.

Mr and Mrs would not be better for my blood pressure I can assure you.......
See, I can't stand Big Brother, so I avoid it and watch something else.

If I carried on "dipping in and out to see how awful it gets" it would be a bit odd. It would be even odder if I then went onto a Big Brother forum (during every single episode) to say how much I disliked it.

To each his own, I suppose.
Bushmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 20:50
Im_Barry_Scott
Forum Member

I really find it hard to believe that woman who went to Australia with her T-Mobile phone was unaware of data roaming charges abroad. Did she expect it would be free?

Surely she would of turned data off when she got to Australia, its not as if this is a new technology any more!

Imagine if I spent hours ringing adult lines, because I wasn't told by T-mobile at the time, they cost s a minute?

However, to her credit she won.
To be fair, I think blissful ignorance plays a big part in cases like this, I myself don't have the first clue how to switch off roaming
Before you know, you've been charged a Brazilian pounds for something you never used/thought you were using.
Im_Barry_Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 20:53
GoCompareThis
Forum Member

Did anyone notice the error when Chris was reading out the BMW number? Instead of 'oh-eight-thousand' he said 'oh-eight-hundred-thousand'!
GoCompareThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 22:09
Sylvester2007
Forum Member

A little less content tonight with them going back over old ground with the rogue traders - Keith, the conman who pooped his pants when caught and the nasty bit of work Mark, but I enjoyed seeing and hearing what happened to them. Sadly, Mark got his girl filming, so she clearly is inf avour of him scamming people.

Interesting, but blatantly obvious about the food, although an interesting sketch, although not a fan of the alarms etc - bit OTT.
Sylvester2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 22:19
koantemplation
Forum Member

Sadly, Mark got his girl filming, so she clearly is inf avour of him scamming people.
I said at the time that I can't stand women like her, who continue to go out with scum like him.
koantemplation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 22:33
Sylvester2007
Forum Member

I said at the time that I can't stand women like her, who continue to go out with scum like him.
Well, with the money he was scamming out of others and the 101,000 he'd avoided tax wise, she obviously thought she had it made. Whether she's a nasty person herself or a victim...

He had the tattoos, been working out, obviously thinks he's a tough chap with his attitude - only cameras stopped Matt getting thumped....no, I can't stand women like her either. If women like her think she's exempt from his anger, she needs to re-think that, if she hasn't needed to already. Filming no doubt under his command - what did they hope to achieve? Watching him tip Urine on Matt (which will be classed as assault) and watching her boyfriend (or whoever) acting the thug.

Still, I thought it was funny when he got in his little red car - not what I expected from the 'big man'.
Old 19-06-2013, 22:54
koantemplation
Forum Member

Well, with the money he was scamming out of others and the 101,000 he'd avoided tax wise, she obviously thought she had it made. Whether she's a nasty person herself or a victim...

He had the tattoos, been working out, obviously thinks he's a tough chap with his attitude - only cameras stopped Matt getting thumped....no, I can't stand women like her either. If women like her think she's exempt from his anger, she needs to re-think that, if she hasn't needed to already. Filming no doubt under his command - what did they hope to achieve? Watching him tip Urine on Matt (which will be classed as assault) and watching her boyfriend (or whoever) acting the thug.

Still, I thought it was funny when he got in his little red car - not what I expected from the 'big man'.
If she was taken in by him (which I doubt) I wonder what he said to her that made her think she was doing right?

"Matt framed me, so I'm just going to pour urine over him, and I want you to film it".
koantemplation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 10:23
Sylvester2007
Forum Member

If she was taken in by him (which I doubt) I wonder what he said to her that made her think she was doing right?

"Matt framed me, so I'm just going to pour urine over him, and I want you to film it".
I guess it depends on her intelligence, or lack of.

I'm not sure what either of them thought they would gain from it. Maybe they were hoping Matt would retaliate and thought it would get them somewhere.

Maybe she will wake up one day and realise there are better men out there, or maybe she's just getting what she wants and isn't a good human being herself, I don't know. What we do know is that Mark is a nasty piece of work and a conman.
Old 22-06-2013, 12:34
zsb37105qtyz
Forum Member

Why can't Watchdog be on everyday It's an awesome show and it would be very cool to present it
zsb37105qtyz is offline   Reply With Quote