Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

How do i change the email address on my xbox?

Old 27-04-2013, 15:58
logansdad
Forum Member

Hi all,
Any advice would be welcome.

I want to change the email address that my xbox has for my microsoft account. Does this mean i have to create a new account and change my player tag?
I've been fartin around in security settings trying to do it but i'm worried in case i screw it up and go down the wrong path.
I'm signed in with a gold account that gets paid by DD, and when i originally signed up i put an email adress in that i rarely used. However i've noticed that i mispelt it! Hence the reason to change. Any step by step tips for a thicko who's a bit to old to be playin on a console would be appreciated, cheers.
logansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 27-04-2013, 18:33
The Special One
Forum Member

Hi all,
Any advice would be welcome.

I want to change the email address that my xbox has for my microsoft account. Does this mean i have to create a new account and change my player tag?
I've been fartin around in security settings trying to do it but i'm worried in case i screw it up and go down the wrong path.
I'm signed in with a gold account that gets paid by DD, and when i originally signed up i put an email adress in that i rarely used. However i've noticed that i mispelt it! Hence the reason to change. Any step by step tips for a thicko who's a bit to old to be playin on a console would be appreciated, cheers.
you can change it via xbox.com if you log into your account
The Special One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2013, 01:51
XxBlaKOuTZxX
Forum Member

You can change it no problem and your'e never too old to game
XxBlaKOuTZxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2013, 12:08
Dan27
Forum Member

This is a nice advancement of Xbox Live.

I wanted to do the same a few years back. I had to create a brand new gamertag
Dan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2013, 14:32
logansdad
Forum Member

Can i do it in "account setting"s on my xbox? Sorry for asking stupid questions but i'm a bit naive at this. Thanks.
Old 29-04-2013, 07:21
XxBlaKOuTZxX
Forum Member

Can i do it in "account setting"s on my xbox? Sorry for asking stupid questions but i'm a bit naive at this. Thanks.
I'm not too sure about this. I'll have a look on xbox support and get back to you ASAP.
Old 29-04-2013, 07:46
XxBlaKOuTZxX
Forum Member

All it mentions is being able to change the email add that's associated with your billing...not your actual log in email add. There seems to be some confusion with this and whether you can do it or not.
Old 29-04-2013, 12:18
logansdad
Forum Member

All it mentions is being able to change the email add that's associated with your billing...not your actual log in email add. There seems to be some confusion with this and whether you can do it or not.
I think that's whats been confusing me! Thanks for having a look.
Old 29-04-2013, 15:34
sparky07
Forum Member

I've got a big problem too.

When I created my Gamertag when I bought my 360 just after launch I used an email address from hotmail which is no longer valid, plus I can't remember the password anyway.

If I request a change of email it asks me to enter the password which I don't no and by the looks of it would just send a password reset email to an email address which is no longer in use?

How the hell can I change my email now?

So annoying that I can't use Xbox.com or smart glass or anything like that. Anyone got any ideas?
sparky07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2013, 21:41
logansdad
Forum Member

I've got a big problem too.

When I created my Gamertag when I bought my 360 just after launch I used an email address from hotmail which is no longer valid, plus I can't remember the password anyway.

If I request a change of email it asks me to enter the password which I don't no and by the looks of it would just send a password reset email to an email address which is no longer in use?

How the hell can I change my email now?

So annoying that I can't use Xbox.com or smart glass or anything like that. Anyone got any ideas?
LOL, glad it's not just me!! There's got to be an obvious way around this..surely?
Old 30-04-2013, 14:44
sparky07
Forum Member

LOL, glad it's not just me!! There's got to be an obvious way around this..surely?
I'm completely stuck now. Managed to get one step further last night but it's now asking me for my security question answer. However, the question is 'what is my favourite pets name'?

I've never had a pet!!!

I wonder if I call Xbox support whether they can help me?
sparky07 is offline   Reply With Quote