Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

What NetBook is considered the “Iphone” of the NetBook World?

Old 30-04-2013, 03:06
macethedon
Forum Member

As in which NetBook is the most popular/best.

P.S I personally don't believe that the Iphone is the best smartphone, But I'm sure the majority of you would agree that the majority of people out there think that the Iphone is currently the best smartphone.

Last edited by macethedon : 30-04-2013 at 03:09. Reason: Addition
macethedon is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 30-04-2013, 08:38
Daedroth
Forum Member

I don't think there is one. Asus, Samsung, Acer and MSI have all produced very good netbooks over the past few years, however the netbook market has suffered a massive slump due to increased tablet sales. I wouldn't expect them to be readily available in local stores in a couple of years time.
Daedroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 09:04
noise747
Forum Member

A friend got a Samsung, Nf110 or something like that and it is really good for what it is. She got it from CEX. May not be the Iphone of the netbook market, but it is pretty close.

That depends on your view of the Iphone, the iphone is ok, but It is over priced and over hyped. i think some people have the Iphone because they think it sounds good when they say they got a Iphone.

If the phone does what you want then it is a good phone, the same with a netbook, if it does what you want then it is a good netbook.

Sadly as been said it seems like netbook are going out because people think they can manage with these silly pad things.
noise747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 09:13
Gormond
Forum Member

A friend got a Samsung, Nf110 or something like that and it is really good for what it is. She got it from CEX. May not be the Iphone of the netbook market, but it is pretty close.

That depends on your view of the Iphone, the iphone is ok, but It is over priced and over hyped. i think some people have the Iphone because they think it sounds good when they say they got a Iphone.

If the phone does what you want then it is a good phone, the same with a netbook, if it does what you want then it is a good netbook.

Sadly as been said it seems like netbook are going out because people think they can manage with these silly pad things.
Yeah I had hoped Windows RT devices would take their place but they don't seem to have.

I was on the market for a cheap "Under £200" netbook with good battery but there isn't a lot of choice. I came to the conclusion the the Asus Eee PC 1025C was probably the best due to its fast N2800 Atom dual core 1.86 Ghz.

It's only issue is it comes with 1GB RAM and is a pain to upgrade. People who have upgraded to 4GB have said its pretty good.
Gormond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 10:21
platelet
Forum Member

I'd say the sony vaio netbooks fit the category of "overpriced but pretty" quite well
platelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 10:57
DeelyBopper
Forum Member

There is a 173 page thread based enthusing about an Acer 522. No doubt there are more powerful Netbooks about now but it does seem like a very popular model at the time.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/gami...eview-173.html
DeelyBopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 15:33
John259
Forum Member

FWIW I offer two extremes, depending on the sense in which the OP meant "iPhone":
Overpriced with the brand name as the most important feature: MacBook Air.
Popular: Acer Chromebook.
John259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 20:12
alan1302
Forum Member

FWIW I offer two extremes, depending on the sense in which the OP meant "iPhone":
Overpriced with the brand name as the most important feature: MacBook Air.
Popular: Acer Chromebook.
Since when has a Chromebook been popular?
alan1302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 20:19
John259
Forum Member

Since when has a Chromebook been popular?
"As of May 2013, the Samsung Series 3 Chromebook has led Amazon's list of best-selling laptops, a position it established when it launched in October 2012."
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromebook
John259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 20:24
alan1302
Forum Member

"As of May 2013, the Samsung Series 3 Chromebook has led Amazon's list of best-selling laptops, a position it established when it launched in October 2012."
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromebook
My 2013 is not until tomorrow! LOL

If you look on Amazon UK just now its in 2nd place as well and even then I don't see it as a popular product. When the man on the street knows what one is that's when it's popular.
alan1302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 20:33
jonner101
Forum Member

This report would suggest chrome books are not that popular.

I think net books are a dying breed but I do see a gap appearing in the low end sector for hybrid android touch tablets with better mouse and keyboard support. Especially given the lukewarm reception of the new windows 8.
jonner101 is offline   Reply With Quote