Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

American Idol Top 4 (Second time) Live Show + Results Discussion

Old 01-05-2013, 22:00
WhyHelloWorld
Inactive Member

Candice, Amber, Angie and Kree. All still in it.

So who will leave?

We already know the bottom 2 - Candice and Amber. Will they be able to pull out an amazing performance and force either Kree or Angie out of the competition? Or is it going to be a battle between Candice and Amber?

Who do YOU want to survive?
WhyHelloWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:32
Abigail88
Forum Member

Not sure if this is US pace or not but will use spoiler tags just in case

Spoiler

All in all a good show, but I fear the result will be predictable!
Abigail88 is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 16:23
WhyHelloWorld
Inactive Member

Not sure if this is US pace or not but will use spoiler tags just in case

Spoiler

All in all a good show, but I fear the result will be predictable!
Spoiler
WhyHelloWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 21:28
gcmac
Forum Member

Spoiler
Spoiler
gcmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 22:15
Flower Pot
Forum Member

omg if they praise this dirge of an interpretaion of funny valentine from amber they are definitely tone deaf! she was off-key so many times & it was yawn-inducing
Flower Pot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 22:19
Flower Pot
Forum Member

yep its official, theyre tone deaf
Old 02-05-2013, 22:22
Flower Pot
Forum Member

candice is back
Old 02-05-2013, 22:40
4troy7
Forum Member

Candice must win she is amazing I find Angie quite overrated she sounds good on some songs but I find her tone quite annoying occasions. I didn't like Amber's first performance but she redemmed herself on the second song it was really good . I find Kree quite boring but I really liked her first song she sang it suited her the second song however was boring. I think Amber or Kree will go although it should be either Angie or Kree based on tonights performances.
4troy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 22:43
Flower Pot
Forum Member

its also official that harry connick jr is a d!ck randy did not tell her to sing the etta version, he said 'knowing you, you'd have chosen the etta version' which is more her style & to stay true to herself.
Old 02-05-2013, 22:49
Flower Pot
Forum Member

wow, little mix are a million times better than them! o.O
Old 02-05-2013, 23:17
lulu g
Forum Member

If Candice doesn't win this, there is something far wrong here. Her version of the Bruno Mars song was great, but her version of You've Changed was in a whole different league from anything I've ever heard on American Idol. She's a class act and no mistake.
lulu g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 00:15
spaceygal
Forum Member

I think all 4 finalists are really good but, for me, Candice is definitely in a different league and should win!
spaceygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 00:16
4troy7
Forum Member

wow, little mix are a million times better than them! o.O
You can't really compare that performance Little Mix are a group and they are four solo artists so they are obviously not going to blend as well as Little Mix together.
4troy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 00:24
mimik1uk
Forum Member

omg if they praise this dirge of an interpretaion of funny valentine from amber they are definitely tone deaf! she was off-key so many times & it was yawn-inducing
this

I was cringing when she was singing that and was waiting for them savaging her at the end and nearly fell off my seat when I saw they were giving her a standing O

I was a big lucie jones fan on x factor a few years ago and lucie's version was so superior to that tonight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcsoXKEGuAI
mimik1uk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 00:32
mimik1uk
Forum Member

overall thought tonights show was poor

I seem to say this every week but despite how smooth Candice's voice is I just haven't really liked any of her song choices

angie had her poorest week for awhile but should be safe

amber's first song wasn't great either , she looked so uncomfortable singing up tempo

loved harry connick as a mentor , how great would he be as a judge if someone could get him. he said something to kree in the VT before her second performance that I have said so many times over the years about contestants on these shows. too often they abuse a song to try and show of how many vocal tricks they can do and the song becomes nothing more than a vehicle for their voice. whereas they should be using their voice to showcase the song and what the song stands for.

was so glad to see him pick them up on that
Old 03-05-2013, 01:06
lulu g
Forum Member

I seem to say this every week but despite how smooth Candice's voice is I just haven't really liked any of her song choices

amber's first song wasn't great either , she looked so uncomfortable singing up tempo

loved harry connick as a mentor , how great would he be as a judge if someone could get him. he said something to kree in the VT before her second performance that I have said so many times over the years about contestants on these shows. too often they abuse a song to try and show of how many vocal tricks they can do and the song becomes nothing more than a vehicle for their voice. whereas they should be using their voice to showcase the song and what the song stands for.

So was I, but they mostly ignored him. That was where Kree went wrong, not the song choice. The song was a good choice for her. She has the ability. If she had only followed his advice, it would have been great.
lulu g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:43
Flower Pot
Forum Member

You can't really compare that performance Little Mix are a group and they are four solo artists so they are obviously not going to blend as well as Little Mix together.
it wasnt the blending that was the problem, it was their solo lines. little mix started out as soloists too and they seemed to fly completely under the radar as just average singers til the last few weeks but watching this (& tonights AI girls attempting their song) shows just how good they are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abql4G21l0c
Old 03-05-2013, 10:21
baroquepop
Forum Member

I enjoyed a lot of the performances tonight.
Angie continues to do a good job and keeping fans happy. Both songs were good for me.
Amber is always going to be compare with Candice and tonight the comparison was stark. Candice sang beautifully on both occasion.
Kree.... (sighs!) my early favourite is no longer thrilling me. She just doesn't seem to have the fire in her belly.

As to the judges commenting on the tense atmosphere with the singers, maybe they need to look at themselves. This is not nice to watch, and Nicki should get the boot.

As for the result
You know the drill... stay away from daily mail website today.
baroquepop is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:33
Landis
Forum Member

Another great show. I was expecting these four to be really close but for me the group is split now.

Kree singing her first song for Harry - sounded great. But the actual performance sounded strained.

Candice singing her second song for Harry - sounded weak and maybe the wrong key. But the actual performance was suberb.

Very hard now for me to pick between Angie and Candice. I think this year will have the best runner up of any series. If you push me I will say Candice to win. Her second song had moments which just edged her into the big league....
Angie is going to be signed to write her first album anyway so the outcome is not critical for her.
Landis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 18:04
Jo March
Forum Member

That'll teach me...I am just catching up with last night's programme and thought I'd google Harry Connick Jr and there on the first link about him was the name of the one to leave last night.
Jo March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 18:30
bingoes
Forum Member

Spoiler
bingoes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 18:32
bingoes
Forum Member

Hated Harry as a mentor
Old 03-05-2013, 18:50
Jo March
Forum Member

Spoiler
But will she?
Jo March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 20:09
bingoes
Forum Member

I think so, or i hope so
Old 03-05-2013, 21:06
mimik1uk
Forum Member

Hated Harry as a mentor
agree or disagree with him was it not refreshing to see someone actually call the contestants on their flaws rather than tell them how great they are all the time

he was dead right when he pulled up amber on not having a clue what she was actually singing about with the lyrics to my funny valentine for example