Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Stuart Hall admits 14 sexual assaults...

Old 17-07-2013, 11:16
Like A Star
Forum Member

Just because Mr Halls said he did these things he may have not. Terrible lynch mentality here,
There's always one...
Like A Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 17-07-2013, 11:19
Like A Star
Forum Member

Gross! What a henious post. How about you stop being so selfish? Who cares wherever he was someone's entertainment.
I really worry about some of these "special" types on DS who seem to value the golden era of entertainment and their childhood memories more than the safety of the public. Unwell is maybe the politest term I would use to describe people with such a warped sense of priorities, because no remotely well functioning person would ever think that way.
Like A Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 10:27
Landis
Forum Member

A woman is on Five Live now telling Victoria what happened after she had been invited to Sunbathe on a Terrace with the crew of It's A Knockout.

What a shock she must have got when every single crew member then left - except for Stuart Hall - after she had got comfy on her sunbed!
Landis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 10:30
DiamondDoll
Inactive Member

Just because Mr Halls said he did these things he may have not. Terrible lynch mentality here,
Shocking post.....imho.

Is this forum moderated?
DiamondDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 11:21
Landis
Forum Member

Dominic Grieve is arguing (at the Court of Appeal) that "some of the sentences should have been made to run consecutively"

Outcome of the hearing is expected in 20 minutes.

http://www.independent.ie/world-news...-29450590.html
Landis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 11:36
myscimitar
Forum Member

What I don't get with the law, he was allowed to sign over his house to his wife, to stop it being used as damages when he is sued by the victims, this loophole must be stopped.
myscimitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 11:44
zx50
Forum Member

Why would he admit to these crimes then? There must have been some things presented to him that made him realise that he wasn't actually going to get off. Decades and decades ago, perhaps, but I highly doubt the coppers threatened him with anything if he didn't admit to these crimes. Going by what you've said, just because ANY paedophile in the country admits to sexually abusing a youngster, this doesn't mean to say they have then? I can imagine the paedophiles loving this attitude within the law. I think your post might have been to get a reaction, but I thought I'd reply to it anyway.
zx50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 11:54
nanscombe
Forum Member

What I don't get with the law, he was allowed to sign over his house to his wife, to stop it being used as damages when he is sued by the victims, this loophole must be stopped.
If its the family home, ie his wife's home as well, why the f*ck should he have to sell it. Afterall she hasn't been convicted of anything.

If they tried it she should be on to a lawyer as quick as possible.
nanscombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 12:04
konebyvax
Forum Member

If its the family home, ie his wife's home as well, why the f*ck should he have to sell it. Afterall she hasn't been convicted of anything.

If he had been declared bankrupt, he would have forfeited half of the house's equity. He' not a bankrupt, he's something much much worse, a convicted pedophile who has badly affected lives for which a multi millionaire should really finacially recompense his victims and the house's equity remains intact. Is that justice?
konebyvax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 12:11
myscimitar
Forum Member

If he had been declared bankrupt, he would have forfeited half of the house's equity. He' not a bankrupt, he's something much much worse, a convicted pedophile who has badly affected lives for which a multi millionaire should really finacially recompense his victims and the house's equity remains intact. Is that justice?
Well said, and why should he come back to his comfy home (bet she has him back) after to carry on his life as normal. It is a huge house, if she was any way a decent person, she sell to a smaller home, (now she on her own) and give some money for the victims...
Old 26-07-2013, 12:17
sidsgirl
Forum Member

Originally Posted by nanscombe;67396292[B
]If its the family home, ie his wife's home as well, why the f*ck should he have to sell it. [/b]Afterall she hasn't been convicted of anything.

Because he has done wrong and has to pay damages to his victims. But you know this really, dont you.
sidsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 13:18
myscimitar
Forum Member

Yes, had his sentence doubled!
Old 26-07-2013, 13:20
StrmChaserSteve
Forum Member

I do hope he does more time. Extend the sentence

My blood is boiling

Bloke is 83, he nearly did a 'Savile' - was probably hoping to never be caught, take it all the way to the grave

He was caught... and yet receives a lenient sentence !!

15 months, halved, only spend half in prison, so not much more than 6 months then

Too much sympathy for the criminal.. old man... frail, and so forth
Not enough thought for victims

No matter how many years ago, it took place... very serious crime

The punishment must always fit the crime
StrmChaserSteve is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 13:22
myscimitar
Forum Member

I do hope he does more time. Extend the sentence

My blood is boiling

Bloke is 83, he nearly did a 'Savile' - was probably hoping to never be caught, take it all the way to the grave

He was caught... and yet receives a lenient sentence !!

15 months, halved, only spend half in prison, so not much more than 6 months then

Too much sympathy for the criminal.. old man... frail, and so forth
Not enough thought for victims

No matter how many years ago, it took place... very serious crime

The punishment must always fit the crime
30 mths now
Old 26-07-2013, 13:25
StrmChaserSteve
Forum Member

Good to hear he's now got 30 months, so that would be 15 months in prison

Still not long enough in my opinion
StrmChaserSteve is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 13:27
sidsgirl
Forum Member

This...
sidsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 13:27
myscimitar
Forum Member

Agree, but better than 6 months
Old 26-07-2013, 13:29
ledders
Forum Member

It should be the case that the assets are identifed at the time the charges are brought, and the law should be changed so that those assets can not be signed over / sold on until a verdict is reached. Simple really.
ledders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 13:31
myscimitar
Forum Member

It should be the case that the assets are identifed at the time the charges are brought, and the law should be changed so that those assets can not be signed over / sold on until a verdict is reached. Simple really.
Agreed
Old 26-07-2013, 13:39
Keyser Soze
Forum Member

Still not long enough. His sentence should be in years not months.
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 13:44
Saturn
Forum Member

I agree. Why should she be punished for his crime. He's going to be in prison anyway so not having a house isn't even going to affect him.
Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 13:49
Irma Bunt
Forum Member

Why? His wife has been accused of no crime, has she? Why should she lose her home because of what her husband did more than a generation ago? As an earlier poster said, there really is a terrible lynch mob mentality on here that demands as many people as possible be punished. Guilt by association, eh?
Irma Bunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 13:52
lexi22
Inactive Member

Not really.

His wife and family bear no responsibility for his crimes and shouldn't be made to suffer beyond the public shame and devastation they'll have gone through anyway because of him.

Let's keep the blame where it belongs, with the criminal.
lexi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 14:04
Betty Britain
Forum Member

A real question ...will he serve the whole sentence or half due to good behaviour

I also agree with Lexi ... Hall committed the crime not his wife n family..why should they be punished
Betty Britain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 14:05
Charlottesweb
Forum Member

Let's keep the blame where it belongs, with the criminal.
Who, until two months before it was obvious he was going to get well and truly caught, had an estate of over 1 million , but once he realised he may have to pay compensation to the people who's childhoods he ruined, signed it all over to his wife.

If you can't see the wrong in that I dont know what to say.His wife is richer , he suffers nought in the way of financial compensation, the victims get nothing. Thats not a justice system to be proud of.He has avoided , quite literally, paying for his crimes.

And lets not forget, his net worth is built on an image that, had this come out earlier in his career, would mean he never would have accrued the employment and salary that paid for the house in the first place.
Charlottesweb is offline   Reply With Quote