Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Chrome removing bookmarks

Old 05-05-2013, 20:17
kazzabeee
Forum Member

Hi

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had the same problems? My bookmarks from the Bookmarks bar and Other Bookmarks folder keep disappearing. Is there any reason for this? I do have more than one PC and it's a nuisance having to put them back on and then they disappear after a few days. I'm using Windows 8 on one PC, Windows 7 on the other.

Any help/advice appreciated. Thanks!

Regards
Karen
kazzabeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:20
platelet
Forum Member

You are getting signed out maybe? click on the setting button in the top right hand corner and look down the menu. (sorry not using chrome at the moment so can't be exact) There should be an option about half way down that says to sign into chrome (or google)
platelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 18:58
kazzabeee
Forum Member

I have checked that out. It shows signed in as my gmail email address. It is so annoying!
Old 07-05-2013, 19:41
Anjomo
Forum Member

Guessing really, but using reverse logic to platelet, could the problem be with the sync at Googles end i.e they are losing them?
Try signing out for a few days and see what happens.

If you haven't already, export your bookmarks to a file in bookmark manager or import them into Firefox or IE for safe keeping.
Anjomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 22:48
kazzabeee
Forum Member

I think I might have to start doing that, though I shouldn't have to really, should I?

Dratted nuisance Google!

I'll keep you posted if anything else happens!

Regards
Karen
Old 08-05-2013, 08:59
platelet
Forum Member

Just to add I've not seen it on my PCs which are running chrome on W7 - but did see it on Sunday on my mother's PC. That's feels kind of the wrong way round to be a problem with sync as my mothers is never synced to another PC where as mine will be syncing daily.

I'd check chrome://settings/syncSetup ensure it's set to sync everything (which you want if you use more than one PC). If you only ever use one PC you can tell it to stop syncing your bookmarks and it will without you having to be signed out

You could also try the following if it re-occurs
[list][*]Disconnect from your account chrome://settings/[*]close and reopen chrome[*]recreate your book marks[*]reconnect the account and turn syncing on again[/list]
Hmmm, seems those links don't work. Anyway if you copy and paste and go the following into the address bar it will get you to the right place

chrome://settings
platelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 18:58
shhftw
Forum Member

Nope, I'm not sure either.
shhftw is offline   Reply With Quote