Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Jennifer Lopez ft Pitbull - Live It Up (snippet)

Old 06-05-2013, 08:14
tommYHYH
Forum Member

She is releasing her first single from her new album on May 14th, he official premiere will be this Wednesday.

Listen to a snippet here:

https://soundcloud.com/sergi-benito/...up-jlo-snippet

It sounds like a summer smash, even if it the lyrics sound generic. I like the mix of dance and drums. She's filming the video on Miami Beach with a beach party theme.
tommYHYH is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:12
Lewnaticc
Forum Member

It sounds catchy but also like it's going to be completely forgettable.
Lewnaticc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:53
Robertfitz
Forum Member

Seriously? Pitbull AGAIN? Geeeeez can't she find a different rent'a'rapper to feature on her tracks?
Robertfitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:56
O.Michel
Forum Member

I like it! I wish it was a solo track, but I like what I hear so far. Can't wait for the radio premiere on Wednesday!
O.Michel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 15:19
johnboybetter
Forum Member

I like the sound of it! Its getting its full premiere on Wednesday right?
johnboybetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 15:31
O.Michel
Forum Member

I like the sound of it! Its getting its full premiere on Wednesday right?
Yes Radio premiere on Wednesday and then iTunes release date is next week
Old 06-05-2013, 15:35
Cloudbuster
Forum Member

Oh dear....
Cloudbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 15:45
sjp07
Forum Member

No hope for Jenny from the block to make a return then? She's become so boring and predictable now. Dance track here, dance track there, yawn, yawn, yawn, rinse, repeat.
sjp07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 15:52
paltonz
Forum Member

It's not bad, but it does feel like Dance Again Part 2.
paltonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 16:20
Zone_Out
Forum Member

i liked it much more than i expected to Meh at Pitbull again though
Zone_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 16:25
Jevito416
Forum Member

I don't feel like I can judge the song based on this clip alone. As for Pitbull being featured again, the same thing can be said about other artists who work multiple times with the same artist because of the chemistry they have together. Beyoncé & Jay Z, Enrique Iglesias & Pit ect ect
Jevito416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 17:39
O.Michel
Forum Member

No hope for Jenny from the block to make a return then? She's become so boring and predictable now. Dance track here, dance track there, yawn, yawn, yawn, rinse, repeat.
I prefer her urban tracks to the dance ones as well, but in her defense, the snippet does sound more urban than 'Dance Again' and 'On The Floor'.
Old 06-05-2013, 21:05
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

It sounds good but a bit generic. I'd love to hear a solo song from her rather than one featuring a rapper.
cnbcwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 21:10
Zack06
Forum Member

This sounds very similar to Whip It by Nicki....especially the chorus...RedOne's sound is very "done" now. Jennifer needs to stop trying to recreate On The Floor and come up with some new sounds...
Zack06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 21:33
O.Michel
Forum Member

This sounds very similar to Whip It by Nicki....especially the chorus...RedOne's sound is very "done" now. Jennifer needs to stop trying to recreate On The Floor and come up with some new sounds...
I don't think a producer can ever be done tbh. I don't like RedOne and I find his productions sloppy, but he's not done. If Timbaland and Pharell managed to produce SMASH hits this year, after so many years of not being able to catch a break, then RedOne can still give J Lo the hit she wants.
Old 06-05-2013, 22:05
Zack06
Forum Member

I don't think a producer can ever be done tbh. I don't like RedOne and I find his productions sloppy, but he's not done. If Timbaland and Pharell managed to produce SMASH hits this year, after so many years of not being able to catch a break, then RedOne can still give J Lo the hit she wants.
RedOne is not Timbaland or Pharell though. They've been going for absolutely ages and are very well respected. RedOne peaked in 2009/2010, and since his songs have become recycled and very generic.

Anyone has the potential to get back on top, but for the moment, I think he has lost it as a producer. Jennifer needs to start looking elsewhere, I'm not really excited for this single.
Zack06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:05
Eric_Blob
Forum Member

RedOne got famous a few years ago. Pharrell and Timbaland have been staples in the music industry since the 90s.

Pharrell and Timabaland are also capable of doing different genres. They can do electropop, R&B, dance, hip hop, etc. RedOne is a one-trick pony. Even Dr. Luke has produced some good pop-rock and hip hop tracks, but RedOne seems to be able to do nothing but europop/dance-pop. Once the dance-pop phase is almost over, RedOne will be too, or he'll have to teach himself about some other genres of music.
Eric_Blob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:46
O.Michel
Forum Member

RedOne is not Timbaland or Pharell though. They've been going for absolutely ages and are very well respected. RedOne peaked in 2009/2010, and since his songs have become recycled and very generic.

Anyone has the potential to get back on top, but for the moment, I think he has lost it as a producer. Jennifer needs to start looking elsewhere, I'm not really excited for this single.
RedOne got famous a few years ago. Pharrell and Timbaland have been staples in the music industry since the 90s.

Pharrell and Timabaland are also capable of doing different genres. They can do electropop, R&B, dance, hip hop, etc. RedOne is a one-trick pony. Even Dr. Luke has produced some good pop-rock and hip hop tracks, but RedOne seems to be able to do nothing but europop/dance-pop. Once the dance-pop phase is almost over, RedOne will be too, or he'll have to teach himself about some other genres of music.
I agree with both of you, I never liked RedOne anyway! I think his productions always sound unfinished and demo quality, even in his most successful songs. The only statement I disagreed with is that "he's done". I just don't think a producer can ever be done, that's all. Obviously, Timabaland and Pharell are on another level, but ANY producer can provide a smash hit after a string of horrible songs. Besides, RedOne did have a few hits last year with Nicki Minaj, so it's not like he hasn't produced anything successful since 'Bad Romance'
Old 08-05-2013, 14:10
O.Michel
Forum Member

Z100 just played it! I like it. The breakdown is weird, but the chorus is AMAZING and really catchy!