Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Fixed?

Old 06-05-2013, 17:11
CinnamonBrick
Forum Member

Allow me to clarify:

"Fix (verb)
10. informal to influence (a person, outcome of a contest, etc) unfairly, as by bribery."

Examples
1. X Factor Series 7:
Audience being told that there would be no sing off. Cher Lloyd falls into the bottom two and there is a sing off. Possible fix.

2. The Voice Series 2
Bronwen Lewis sings. No-one turns around. Not a fix.

Just thought that need clarified as the word is getting thrown around like no-one's business. Please learn proper usage of a term before applying it. Thanks.
CinnamonBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 06-05-2013, 17:31
Gregg_LUFC
Inactive Member

Allow me to clarify:

"Fix (verb)
10. informal to influence (a person, outcome of a contest, etc) unfairly, as by bribery."

Examples
1. X Factor Series 7:
Audience being told that there would be no sing off. Cher Lloyd falls into the bottom two and there is a sing off. Possible fix.

2. The Voice Series 2
Bronwen Lewis sings. No-one turns around. Not a fix.

Just thought that need clarified as the word is getting thrown around like no-one's business. Please learn proper usage of a term before applying it. Thanks.
Good post
Gregg_LUFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 17:33
big brother 9
Forum Member

i dont get your point really
big brother 9 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 17:35
Gregg_LUFC
Inactive Member

i dont get your point really
I believe the point is that if you think that welsh girl not getting picked was a fix then you need help
Gregg_LUFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 17:49
Garza
Forum Member

I believe the point is that if you think that welsh girl not getting picked was a fix then you need help
What was the point of the "fix" though if it was fixed?

BBC could have easily just edit out the Welsh girl like they did with hundreds of other applicants.

The Cher Lloyd situation was completely different as it was a live show, they couldn't edit her out of the show, hence they had to concoct a way to keep her in.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 20:02
CinnamonBrick
Forum Member

What was the point of the "fix" though if it was fixed?

BBC could have easily just edit out the Welsh girl like they did with hundreds of other applicants.

The Cher Lloyd situation was completely different as it was a live show, they couldn't edit her out of the show, hence they had to concoct a way to keep her in.
So you're saying they should only show people who get through to the next round? And it wasn't fixed.
CinnamonBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 00:12
Helbore
Forum Member

You're making a mistake. You are assuming that facts and logic play a part in the decision making process when people make these accusations.
Helbore is offline   Reply With Quote