Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

When will they show us the PS4

Old 07-05-2013, 13:43
Dansky+HD
Forum Member

Some people just won't buy an idea or just a spec sheet

If they can picture it in their home they may have a greater interest.

When are we likely to actually see the physical machine?
Dansky+HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 07-05-2013, 13:46
AkimboGeordie
Forum Member

http://www.e3expo.com/ - This will answer your question
AkimboGeordie is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 14:19
Ash_735
Forum Member

It makes me laugh how upset people got that they never saw a MODEL, seriously, it's like SCREW ALL THE FACTS, how will it look in my living room? ...because THAT determines what you buy.
Ash_735 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 14:30
Chparmar
Forum Member

I hope it looks smooth n' stylish!
There are still a lot of exciting unanswered questions: Will PS+ be a part of it and how?
Share button? - What’s the point when now every device has access to You Tube for hints?
Friends taking control, to 'help you out'? - Sorry that's just sounds like plain cheating!! Should be deducted trophies for using such a feature!!
Chparmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 15:05
NorfolkBoy1
Forum Member

I hope it looks smooth n' stylish!
There are still a lot of exciting unanswered questions: Will PS+ be a part of it and how?
Share button? - What’s the point when now every device has access to You Tube for hints?
Friends taking control, to 'help you out'? - Sorry that's just sounds like plain cheating!! Should be deducted trophies for using such a feature!!
I'll take this one!

1 - Yes, it's been confirmed PS+ will continue, Shuhei Yoshida said a few months ago that they are looking at the possibilities for different tiers of it on PS4.

2 - It doesn't have to be for hints, it's more likely for sharing particularly epic moments, superb killstreaks, stuff like that.

3 - It's been confirmed, or at least reported, that developers have the power to disable the share button in certain sections of their games, I suspect this will extend to the 'help-out' feature too.
NorfolkBoy1 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 15:10
Jimmy_McNulty
Forum Member

It makes me laugh how upset people got that they never saw a MODEL, seriously, it's like SCREW ALL THE FACTS, how will it look in my living room? ...because THAT determines what you buy.
When you go to a car showroom it is generally a good idea to see what the car looks like before buying it
Jimmy_McNulty is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 15:19
NorfolkBoy1
Forum Member

When you go to a car showroom it is generally a good idea to see what the car looks like before buying it
yep, which is why car manufacturers unveil thei new models at events like the Geneva motor show (ie, the motor industry's E3), but it's not at all unusual for them to release technical information about the new model months in advance of the main launch to garner interest.
Old 07-05-2013, 17:21
Chelsea Saint
Forum Member

Yep, indeed. Tech aspects are utterly key. The visual is a very, very distant second. However, I'm sure Sony have knocked something together that won't look too shabby. E3 will be hugely entertaining this year.
Chelsea Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 17:34
jjesso123
Forum Member

It seems people have very short memories. In most cases with console announcements they don't show the box till after it's announced, however in the past these media events have been lower key, the only thing difference to normal console announcements is that the PS4 announcement was a bigger and more in-detail event.
jjesso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 17:34
thomas2400
Forum Member

I hate this wanting to know/caring how it looks thing

Its kind of a pointless thing to care about

''oh but it might look ugly when sitting next to everything else in my living room'' is one argument you hear a lot but i'm sure 99.9% of people don't give a shit about how a small box that'll play games will look in your living room

As for people who won't buy one if it looks 'bad', why don't you think up your top ten games of all time and think about if you missed out on them because the console didn't look amazing
thomas2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 17:41
chopoff
Forum Member

It isn't going to be a decision maker for many I am sure, but it is nice to at least know what it will look like!

Imagine if they came out at E3 with no box
chopoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 22:38
whoever,hey
Forum Member

Its sharing how you did a particular moment with your friends. A lot easier to find than youtube.

Its closer to Twitch than YouTube anyway.
whoever,hey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 22:39
whoever,hey
Forum Member

3 - It's been confirmed, or at least reported, that developers have the power to disable the share button in certain sections of their games, I suspect this will extend to the 'help-out' feature too.
True, think blocking spoilers.
whoever,hey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 23:44
Yuffie
Forum Member

Imagine if they came out at E3 with no box
Love it !

Please let this happen !
Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:19
Flawed-Tactics
Forum Member

I find it mildly amusing that if you follow PS4 links on PSN, the PS4 controller is there in all its glory, getting gamers excited to the point of wetting themselves. Not quite.

The PS4 will be black, have 6 sides, be roughly the same size as the fat PS3 with the new PS4 logo... you'll see it when Sony show us it, nobody on forums can help you there.
Flawed-Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:31
Chparmar
Forum Member

I'll take this one!

1 - Yes, it's been confirmed PS+ will continue, Shuhei Yoshida said a few months ago that they are looking at the possibilities for different tiers of it on PS4.

2 - It doesn't have to be for hints, it's more likely for sharing particularly epic moments, superb killstreaks, stuff like that.

hmmmm, so a more expensive PS+; it be worth it if they actually gave out good games.

Share button - so this uploads your sharing to a specfic PSN site, with your PSN ID. Nothing to do with You Tube and other social networks?
Chparmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:46
Hotbird
Forum Member

hmmmm, so a more expensive PS+; it be worth it if they actually gave out good games.
PS+ with different pricing tiers could equally mean a cheaper service becomes available

As for PS+ actually giving good games that's completely subjective, PS+ has given many many good game IMHO.
Hotbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:17
mojobrew
Forum Member

PS+ has given LOADS of ACE games, I'd suggest.
mojobrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 18:30
redhatmatt
Inactive Member

When Sky GO and or Now TV as well as demand five launch on the PS3 they will show you what the PS4 looks like.
redhatmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:37
NorfolkBoy1
Forum Member

Share button - so this uploads your sharing to a specfic PSN site, with your PSN ID. Nothing to do with You Tube and other social networks?
It already does give out quite brilliant games at times, at £30 a year (if you hunt for the right deals) it's already worth it, the more expensive version will only add features, not make the current deal more expensive.

As for the video uploads, Sony have tied it with UStream and integrated the social features with Facebook.
Old 13-05-2013, 11:43
brangdon
Forum Member

That hardly matters when the PS4 isn't on sale yet. The hardware specification has to be fixed relatively early so the game developers know what they are targeting, but the box cosmetics can be left until nearer the launch. We'll know what it looks like months before we're able to buy it.

Partly to make it easier to generate those You Tube hints.

Multi-player games are already quite social, and they want to enable a more social aspect for single player games too. I doubt I'll use it much myself, but I don't begrudge other people having it available.
brangdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 12:49
norristhaboss
Forum Member

If they can picture it in their home they may have a greater interest.

When are we likely to actually see the physical machine?

I recall reading after the annoucement that the reason the actual design wasnt available to see was due to the final design not being finalised at that point.

i know im gonna be looking forward to E3 - and i know ill be buying one at some point!
norristhaboss is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 20:10
gother
Forum Member

When Sky GO and or Now TV as well as demand five launch on the PS3 they will show you what the PS4 looks like.
Both are now on the ps3
gother is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 08:15
blitzben85
Forum Member

I hate this wanting to know/caring how it looks thing

Its kind of a pointless thing to care about

''oh but it might look ugly when sitting next to everything else in my living room'' is one argument you hear a lot but i'm sure 99.9% of people don't give a shit about how a small box that'll play games will look in your living room

As for people who won't buy one if it looks 'bad', why don't you think up your top ten games of all time and think about if you missed out on them because the console didn't look amazing
To be honest, the looks on the console are important to me. I want MY PS4 to look nice. I actually like the look of the Xbox One but that's it !

So. you'll be ok buying a PS4 if the console was a giant cock and you had to insert the disk via the japs eye ?

OTT but looks mean alot.
blitzben85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 10:38
Hotbird
Forum Member

So. you'll be ok buying a PS4 if the console was a giant cock and you had to insert the disk via the japs eye ?

OTT but looks mean alot.
I would choice the system with the games I want, the features I want and the functionality I want before ever considering design.

If the super stylish good looking system didnt have the games I wanted, blocked certain features and lacked the functionality I desired but the system which looked like a giant cock did I would buy the system which looked like a giant cock. At the end of the day it will sit in a cupboard under my TV and I will only really look at the box when putting a disc in.
Hotbird is offline   Reply With Quote