Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

The Voice UK- Battle Advisors- Claude Kelly, Cerys Matthews, Dido and Dante Santiago

Old 08-05-2013, 05:06
KToure
Forum Member

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I can't understand what you said at all in the first sentence. Not sure if it's missing a comma or maybe I'm just being dumb right now. I've reread it about three times and still can't decipher what you were trying to say.
Let me rephrase: To the public, three out of the four mentors are WHO?
KToure is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:58
sjp07
Forum Member

Oh.

So what? They can get to know them. If people judge a show based on who is noticeable, then that is more telling of the audience than the show itself, especially since this part of the show is very small and ultimately the contestants should be the main focus, not whatever big name is trying to flog their latest project.
sjp07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:34
maggie_07
Forum Member

Just because you don't know them don't assume others don't. Three out of four are well known. They're lucky to have someone with the experience and knowledge of Claude Kelly rather than some pop star. Being well known doesn't automatically mean you can be a good mentor.
maggie_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:58
KToure
Forum Member

Just because you don't know them don't assume others don't. Three out of four are well known. They're lucky to have someone with the experience and knowledge of Claude Kelly rather than some pop star. Being well known doesn't automatically mean you can be a good mentor.
I can guarantee you this lack of insight & investment in this next stage of the Voice will not help the ratings that much (if at all). Why can't they learn from the US version (where investment is clear for all to see with for example the high profile mentors and TWO steals and which has led to ratings going UP from the blinds).
Old 08-05-2013, 11:09
KToure
Forum Member

Oh.

So what? They can get to know them. If people judge a show based on who is noticeable, then that is more telling of the audience than the show itself, especially since this part of the show is very small and ultimately the contestants should be the main focus, not whatever big name is trying to flog their latest project.
Ratings went UP in the US version two season's running which has consistently emphasized high profile mentors.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:59
mimik1uk
Forum Member

Ratings went UP in the US version two season's running which has consistently emphasized high profile mentors.
and ratings for XF US plummeted last year despite having possibly the biggest name to appear on one of these shows, getting paid an enormous amount of money, on the panel

just throwing money at a big name is no guarantee of making it good television
mimik1uk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:29
Missmurray86
Forum Member

I was getting ready to say I don't like Claude until I saw what songs he has wrote

A few;

JESSIE J
Nobodys Perfect
Price Tag
Domino

Kelly Clarkson - My Life Would Suck Without You

OLLY MURS
Please Don't Let Me Go
Dance With Me Tonight
Troublemaker

Michael Jackson - Hold My Hand

Lemar - If She Knew

Leona Lewis - Forgive Me

Britney Spears - Circus

Miley Cyrus - Party In The USA (with Jessie J, I don't like this song but )

Jason Derulo - In My Head

XTINA
Express
Show Me How You Burlesque
Just A Fool (I know this won't mean much to anyone, but this is one of my favourite songs ever)

Ke$ha - Take It Off

Bruno Mars - Grenade

The Wanted - Gold Forever

Karmin - Brokenhearted
Just a fool by Xtina & Blake is awesome! Had no idea he wrote it
Missmurray86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:46
pothuthic
Forum Member

Just a fool by Xtina & Blake is awesome! Had no idea he wrote it
Yay another fan
pothuthic is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 13:02
Cestrian18
Forum Member

I don't know why people are so bothered, lets face it, the battle advisers don't really have much screen time and really didn't offer all that much so whats the point in spending big money to get high profile artists??
Cestrian18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 14:03
sjp07
Forum Member

I don't know why people are so bothered, lets face it, the battle advisers don't really have much screen time and really didn't offer all that much so whats the point in spending big money to get high profile artists??
They actually do spend a lot of time with them. It just isn't shown on tv.
Old 11-05-2013, 00:38
umr3000
Forum Member

Once again this year the Battle Advisors are quite a let down, not really exciting or high profile enough!

I would have liked to have seen...

Team Will: Britney Spears
Team Jessie - Tinie Tempah
Team Tom - Duffy or Dido
Team Danny - Emeli Sande or Ed Sheeran
umr3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:40
sjp07
Forum Member

What vocal critique are you expecting Tine Tempah to be able to give? He isn't a singer.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:16
StigOfTheKrump
Forum Member

What vocal critique are you expecting Tine Tempah to be able to give? He isn't a singer.
*cough will.i.am cough*
StigOfTheKrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:05
Slojo
Forum Member

Once again this year the Battle Advisors are quite a let down, not really exciting or high profile enough!

I would have liked to have seen...

Team Will: Britney Spears
Team Jessie - Tinie Tempah
Team Tom - Duffy or Dido
Team Danny - Emeli Sande or Ed Sheeran
A more boreing bunch would be hard to find but Britney Spears ---- she would have cost the budget for at least half the series and contributed nothing
Slojo is online now   Reply With Quote