Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

iTunes Problem

Old 07-05-2013, 20:40
jmjeffrey
Inactive Member

Hi there

I'm trying to sync my iPhone 5 on iTunes, but it's trying to re-sync the whole library, i.e duplicate songs onto my iPhone that have already been transferred across. Does anyone know how I can fix this, rather than just selecting songs that haven't already been transferred?

Many thanks

Joe
jmjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 07-05-2013, 20:51
tdenson
Forum Member

Hi there

I'm trying to sync my iPhone 5 on iTunes, but it's trying to re-sync the whole library, i.e duplicate songs onto my iPhone that have already been transferred across. Does anyone know how I can fix this, rather than just selecting songs that haven't already been transferred?

Many thanks

Joe
This is the sort of thing that drives me potty with iTunes. Worst thing that apple ever did IMO.
tdenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 21:07
jmjeffrey
Inactive Member

So is this a common issue then? I remember when it used to just synch songs I hadn't transferred?
Old 07-05-2013, 22:37
tdenson
Forum Member

So is this a common issue then? I remember when it used to just synch songs I hadn't transferred?
I honestly don't know. I just know that iTunes has a mind of its own when it comes to such things
tdenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 23:44
whoever,hey
Forum Member

Hi there

Many thanks

Joe
Yeah its crap isn't it. Its not clear with its warning messages either. YOu know its a destructive action, but you have no idea which one you should choose!

You wait to backing up!

Just remember, its a great user experience!
whoever,hey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 23:50
IslandNiles
Forum Member

OP, can you explain exactly what is happening and what message you see on screen?

If the songs are in your iTunes library and also on your iPhone, I don't see the problem.
IslandNiles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:46
jmjeffrey
Inactive Member

OP, can you explain exactly what is happening and what message you see on screen?

If the songs are in your iTunes library and also on your iPhone, I don't see the problem.
I think 'rather than selecting songs that haven't already been transferred' is a bit of a give away. Some songs were and some songs weren't on both.

I backed up my iPhone and it all seems to be fine now.

Thanks all.