Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Doctor Who at London Excel Arena

Old 08-05-2013, 21:08
Mike_Dalby
Forum Member

Last year I went to the Star Trek convention at the Excel in London. I was lucky enough to see all 5 Star Trek captains. I had a really great weekend all in all (even though it was HUGELY expensive.

I am really excited about a Doctor Who convention there and was wondering if anyone knew when it would be, who is booked, and when tickets will be released on sale?
Mike_Dalby is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 08-05-2013, 21:16
Abomination
Forum Member

To my knowledge they've not released any further information about it yet other than it will occur over the weekend of the 50th anniversary.

It's a shame that events like these are so expensive... explaining to my little sister why we can't afford to go to an event that is 15 minutes away from us is a bit tricky. We'd never have the disposable income for something like this, unfortunately.
Abomination is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 21:33
Mike_Dalby
Forum Member

To my knowledge they've not released any further information about it yet other than it will occur over the weekend of the 50th anniversary.

It's a shame that events like these are so expensive... explaining to my little sister why we can't afford to go to an event that is 15 minutes away from us is a bit tricky. We'd never have the disposable income for something like this, unfortunately.
I think the Star Trek one was particularly expensive. I'm hoping the Doctor Who one will be much cheaper.

I had the same conversation with my God daughter a few years ago when DW Live came to Manchester. Sad times really. Lots of prior notice on some details like cost from the BBC would be good.
Old 08-05-2013, 22:15
cylob49
Forum Member

Is this event for the full three days or is it three one day events with identical line ups and features?
cylob49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 22:26
Mike_Dalby
Forum Member

Is this event for the full three days or is it three one day events with identical line ups and features?
Good question. I wasn't even aware it was 3 days. I really need to check better.

Hope it's a one day itinerary repeated... I defo can't afford 3 days
Old 09-05-2013, 00:27
Dave-H
Forum Member

One of the days it's on is of course the actual 50th anniversary, 23rd November!
Dave-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:56
amos_brearley
Forum Member

I'd start saving now. The last official convention was the price of a festival ticket and I didn't have that to spare.
amos_brearley is offline   Reply With Quote