Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Apple set to announce iPhone 6

Old 09-05-2013, 14:15
legends wear 7

Told apple are announcing the iphone 6 this month for July release, they are not having an iphone 5s

normally reliable source
legends wear 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 09-05-2013, 14:22
flagpole
Inactive Member

i believe this is the basis of the story.

http://www.stuff.tv/news/apple-news/...e-the-iphone-6
flagpole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 14:23
jabbamk1
Forum Member

Ah yes... must be a reliable source....

It's just a rumour.
jabbamk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 15:39
Philip Wales
Forum Member

There's been a few flying around the last few weeks, being an Apple user I tend to get a few emails a day concerning Apple products, and just recently have had a few suggestion what the next iphones going to be. I tend to ignore most of them. But I have been interested enough to not buy the S4 or HTC One until the Apple announcement.
Philip Wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 15:48
paulker
Forum Member

There's been a few flying around the last few weeks, being an Apple user I tend to get a few emails a day concerning Apple products, and just recently have had a few suggestion what the next iphones going to be. I tend to ignore most of them. But I have been interested enough to not buy the S4 or HTC One until the Apple announcement.
I am a total fanboy and have loads of Apple hardware including an iphone 5. I just got my hands on an HTC One as I am bored with the iPhone.

The HTC One is a fantastic phone but I am already irritated after one day being out of the Apple eco system. Apple make everything work so well together. Damn you Crapple!! I want a bigger screen and an up to date OS.

Will probably be sending the One back as much as it pains me. Its stunning. Great build quality, amazing screen and SOUND. Damn you Apple... Grrrr
paulker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 15:52
Philip Wales
Forum Member

Yes there's a few things I'd like to see on the iPhone 6, slightly bigger screen, sd card for photos and music, widgets for turning on wifi, 3g etc or at least a quick access button for the most used features hidden away in settings.

I think between the S4 and HTC One I'd go for the HTC but I do like the way all my Apple products work together, and I would miss that should I go over to Android.
Old 09-05-2013, 15:56
paulker
Forum Member

Yes there's a few things I'd like to see on the iPhone 6, slightly bigger screen, sd card for photos and music, widgets for turning on wifi, 3g etc or at least a quick access button for the most used features hidden away in settings.

I think between the S4 and HTC One I'd go for the HTC but I do like the way all my Apple products work together, and I would miss that should I go over to Android.
You may see a bigger screen and quick access toggles but I doubt you will ever see an SD card slot.
paulker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 15:57
IslandNiles
Forum Member

You may see a bigger screen and quick access toggles but I doubt you will ever see an SD card slot.
Agreed. Apple will never include this and even some other manufacturers are starting to move away from it.
IslandNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 15:59
Philip Wales
Forum Member

Yes its very annoying Apple's reluctance to put a SD card slot in, even if its locked down to just photos, music, movies etc.

I wonder how long before the "Droidboys" come along to tell us all these things are available on Android devices?
Old 09-05-2013, 16:25
jabbamk1
Forum Member

Some of the reasons above are why i will never support Apple or buy any product from them.
jabbamk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 18:24
stephen122333
Forum Member

I don't see Apple telling anyone including the networks about any new phone until they officially anouce it. The network may have put it on the system ready for the next iPhone. But if they told a network then they would be as good as telling everyone
stephen122333 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 19:35
CFC1905
Inactive Member

Yes its very annoying Apple's reluctance to put a SD card slot in, even if its locked down to just photos, music, movies etc.

I wonder how long before the "Droidboys" come along to tell us all these things are available on Android devices?
All these things are available on Android
CFC1905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 21:11
whoever,hey
Forum Member

Some of the reasons above are why i will never support Apple or buy any product from them.
Some of the reasons above are why i moved away from iPhone to Android. So glad i did too.
whoever,hey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 21:23
Mr Dangerous
Inactive Member

Told apple are announcing the iphone 6 this month for July release, they are not having an iphone 5s

normally reliable source
The sheep will be out in force......
Mr Dangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 21:38
Jason100
Forum Member

Haven't they just released the iphone5?
Jason100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 21:40
Step666
Forum Member

normally reliable source
"Our teams are hard at work on some amazing new hardware, software, and services that we can't wait to introduce in the fall and into 2014"

That one's Tim Cook, I'm guessing that you can't get any more reliable than that...
Step666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:47
Aye Up
Forum Member

Giving how the cost of the iPhone 5 seems to be falling quite rapidly in price on contract and off, there could be some merit in this. May sellers and resellers want to clear their inventory in anticipation?
Aye Up is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 13:41
KesterK
Forum Member

Giving how the cost of the iPhone 5 seems to be falling quite rapidly in price on contract and off, there could be some merit in this. May sellers and resellers want to clear their inventory in anticipation?
Where has the price fallen rapidly off contract?
KesterK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 13:57
Philip Wales
Forum Member

Where has the price fallen rapidly off contract?
To be fair, they're virtually giving away the 16gb models, totally useless if you ask me. The guy in CPW the other day tried to get me to take a 16gb model, I pointed out the my current 32gb iPhone 4 has 22gb used on it, so straight away I'd have to ditch some stuff. Talk about going backwards.
Old 10-05-2013, 14:59
The Lord Lucan
Forum Member

July release......ok so when is iOS7 due out? Thats when the iPhone will be available.

Apple do give the networks advanced notice.
The Lord Lucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 15:16
IslandNiles
Forum Member

July release......ok so when is iOS7 due out? Thats when the iPhone will be available.

Apple do give the networks advanced notice.
I would think iOS 7 will be announced in Jume and released probably in September along with the new iPhone.
IslandNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 15:29
el_bardos
Forum Member

To be honest, the only thing keeping me on iphone is how daunting it would be to have to try and pull my music collection off itunes. But the 5 has been so pants that if the 6 doesn’t really do something special (and I really can't see it happening) I will probably finally move away to android.
el_bardos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 15:33
Philip Wales
Forum Member

Agree, I was underwhelmed by the 5 and decided to stick to my 4. I have looked at the 5 again and its ok, but I have decided to wait and see what the 6 offers. Wasn't that blown away with the Galaxy S4, so it my be the HTC One if the 6 is crap.
Old 10-05-2013, 15:36
big brother 9
Forum Member

i believe it to be true, apple must be cacking themselves at the fear of losing ground on samsung and htc
big brother 9 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 15:38
Philip Wales
Forum Member

Well hopefully iOS7 will be totally different, with a completely updated look if all the reports are to believed.