Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Editing redundant source inputs from tv menu

Old 09-05-2013, 19:13
CherylFan
Forum Member

My Bush LT24M3 LCT TV has a source list containing numerous inputs which I`m very unlikely ever to use

DTV
TV
SCART
AV
S-Video
YPbPr
PC
HDMI
Storage

The instruction pamphlet (I hesitate to call it a manual) is silent about whether I can delete, skip, or temporarily remove unwanted inputs. ANyone know if this can be done?
CherylFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 09-05-2013, 19:16
ProDave
Forum Member

Sometimes possible in a service menu, but you have to be VERY careful, there are lots of parameters in service menu's that if you put the wrong value can brick your set.
ProDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 21:22
Chris Frost
Forum Member

My Bush LT24M3 LCT TV has a source list containing numerous inputs which I`m very unlikely ever to use

DTV
TV
SCART
AV
S-Video
YPbPr
PC
HDMI
Storage

The instruction pamphlet (I hesitate to call it a manual) is silent about whether I can delete, skip, or temporarily remove unwanted inputs. ANyone know if this can be done?
Unlikely to be possible. Panasonics have this feature. I recall setting up a couple of LGs that had something similar. But it's not a universal feature found on all makes of TV. The only thing similar is the ability to skip Freeview and/or analogue TV channels which is fairly common. But this doesn't apply to AV inputs.
Chris Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:49
Nigel Goodwin
Forum Member

Some Sony's allow you to set unused inputs to 'skip' which stops them appearing, but not all of them. Some also have an 'auto' setting, which means it only appears if something is plugged in.

And some of the Vestel sets allowed you to disable them in the service menu - basically the software is used on multiple versions of the same set (under umpteen different cheap names), so it's designed to be configurable for the particular hardware used.
Nigel Goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote