WellHiddenMarkWellHiddenMark Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's Paedogeddon!!!!
  • Options
    offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The more said about Operation Yewtree, the more I become wary (in a bad way) of it. Something stinks to high heaven with the whole thing.
  • Options
    PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    The more said about Operation Yewtree, the more I become wary (in a bad way) of it. Something stinks to high heaven with the whole thing.

Agree , maybe a compensation culture thing, but how can you prove something that happened 30-40 yrs ago especially when its one word against another.
  • Options
    djpalmer93djpalmer93 Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    When are they gonna start investigating politicians and the royal family?
  • Options
    PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    Wow Royals and Politicians ...now that will be a can of worms.One good thing though all those accused wont ever be on our TV ever again , thank god for small mercies.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    striing wrote: »
    Been there done that surely. There's been enough stories over the years.

They don't seem to have been investigated much if at all yet, even though they have links with people like Jimmy Savile. I'm talking about the people right at the top by the way, like the queen and prime ministers.

For example, a girl is found murdered on the Sandringham estate, but the royal family isn't questioned, yet if she was found on someone else's property, they'd be a suspect!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    djpalmer93 wrote: »
    When are they gonna start investigating politicians and the royal family?

Exactly! The primary reason to be suspicious of Operation Yewtree is how it truly does appear they are chasing only the easiest of targets.

I think there is something deeply sinister about it, beyond it just being a smoke screen.
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They don't seem to have been investigated much if at all yet, even though they have links with people like Jimmy Savile. I'm talking about the people right at the top by the way, like the queen and prime ministers.

For example, a girl is found murdered on the Sandringham estate, but the royal family isn't questioned, yet if she was found on someone else's property, they'd be a suspect!

BIB - a ridiculous comparison, since most people's gardens aren't spread over hundreds of acres and peppered with towns and villages! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Okay it may be a lot of land, but why not question them anyway?
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Actual Lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There are a lot of nasty people on this forum.
  • Options
    chuckleberrychuckleberry Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What do you suspect the Queen of doing?
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Actual Lol.

Don't forget Charles was pictured with Savile being greeted by them saucy waitresses too;)
  • Options
    chuckleberrychuckleberry Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited
    double post
  • Options
    Slarti BartfastSlarti Bartfast Posts: 6,607
    Forum Member
    There's a TV personality who I've always thought comes across like a classic sex pest. I wonder if he will be one of the future names in papers, and if so wether he'll strike a deal. Or no deal.
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Says you, the person accusing The Queen of murder :D
  • Options
    CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    This thread isn't going to last very long.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am neither a royalist nor a Tory but I would be prepared to put whatever I own (not much I admit) on saying that the Queen and the Prime Minister are not paedophiles. I also doubt either of them had links with Savile (wrong social class).

Oh, completely agree but I do still think Yewtree is only going after the easiest targets. It's reached the point where I think Yewtree itself should be investigated.
  • Options
    bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, completely agree but I do still think Yewtree is only going after the easiest targets. It's reached the point where I think Yewtree itself should be investigated.

And why is it always celebrities? Is it because anyone else would have long since been forgotten about?

Or does Yewtree specifcially target well-known people?
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bart4858 wrote: »
    And why is it always celebrities? Is it because anyone else would have long since been forgotten about?

Or does Yewtree specifcially target well-known people?
    Yes that is the whole point of it, the allegation being allegations against celebrities were previously ignored & covered up by the police.
  • Options
    culturemancultureman Posts: 11,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sadly I understand that Yew trees are reknowned for their longevity, with a lifespan of a thousand years or so.:(
  • Options
    DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you suspect the Queen of doing?

They might have seen something, thought nothing of it, but when asked have her memory jogged, I suppose.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a TV personality who I've always thought comes across like a classic sex pest. I wonder if he will be one of the future names in papers, and if so wether he'll strike a deal. Or no deal.

His name has been doing the rounds on Twitter for ages, but I don't get that vibe from him at all and never have done:confused:

I'm inclined to agreed in wondering why they are only going after ageing celebrities and not people "higher up" so to speak.
  • Options
    agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member

The Queen huh?...lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly. Bored now. But while victims can see the perpetrators living a comfortable existence I can see why they'd want a share.

Of course the real winners are the lawyers. They must be loving it.

The real winners are society and young children in particular .