Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

LG LED TV with no HD channels

Old 14-05-2013, 13:44
swampydrill
Forum Member

I have a 32" LG smart TV, I had a Ethernet cable plugged into my router and then into the TV. I had an issue with broadband speed so moved the router which meant taking out the Ethernet cable to the TV, I now find that since then, I can't get HD channels, the TV has freeview HD so not sure why it is relevant to having Ethernet cable plugged in.
swampydrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 14-05-2013, 14:19
tealady
Forum Member

Transmitter work on your area?
Relay down?
How long has it been like it?
tealady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2013, 18:49
iangrad
Forum Member

Do you have a hdmi lead also plugged into the TV ? if so separate it from the aerial input to the TV ( known problem , cause reduced signal on TV )

The HD multiplex's are often at a lower signal strength from the transmitter so if your aerial is ( lets say ) 80% your HD mux could be as low as 30 - 40 % therefore the TV cuts of the reception . Check your signal strength on an other TV if possible .
iangrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2013, 19:36
mac2708
Forum Member

Do you have a hdmi lead also plugged into the TV ? if so separate it from the aerial input to the TV ( known problem , cause reduced signal on TV )
Definitely a probable cause.
I had the same problem and replaced the HDMI lead and kept it as far as possible from the aerial lead and that fixed it.

Longish discussion on this problem here
http://www.avforums.com/forums/freev...dmi-cable.html
mac2708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2013, 21:37
swampydrill
Forum Member

I took the HDMI cable out completely but still no signal, no issues regarding the transmitter apparently so not sure. I put the Ethernet cable back in but still no signal, will retune the TV once darts is finished and see what happens
Old 17-05-2013, 08:22
ixHellstormx
Forum Member

Ethernet cable has nothing to do with receiving tv channel signals. If your SD channels are all fine it would be easier to manual tune in the HD channels. All you need to know is which transmitter and channel they are on. For example, mine are (Blackhill c40) or (Craigkelly c21). far easier than having to do a whole new retune.
ixHellstormx is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2013, 18:44
swampydrill
Forum Member

Retune worked and now have all HD channels, don't know why they all went after removing the Ethernet cable, as you say, it has nothing to do with it, must have been a coincidence
Old 18-05-2013, 09:26
ixHellstormx
Forum Member

Retune worked and now have all HD channels, don't know why they all went after removing the Ethernet cable, as you say, it has nothing to do with it, must have been a coincidence
good to read u got ur HD channels tuned in again. I only have the 4 HD channels tuned into my Samsung. I can't stand SD quality.
ixHellstormx is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote