Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

X Factor USA Judges:- Battle of the Girls - Who should get the job?

View Poll Results: Who should get the final 2 sports on X Factor USA ?
Kelly Rowland 55 68.75%
Hilary Duff 13 16.25%
Jennifer Love Hewitt 6 7.50%
Paulina Rubio 6 7.50%
Faith Hill 9 11.25%
Cheryl Cole 44 55.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 80. You can't vote on this poll right now - are you signed in?

Old 15-05-2013, 17:15
Barry_Clarke
Forum Member

So there has been rumours for months of who will join Simon and Demi on the X Factor USA panel and now it looks like 2 females are going to join the panel, meaning a female ratio of 3:1 for the first time in Talent show history. It is safe to say those with the biggest record sales and star power actually don;t make the best judges, with falling ratings in both X Factor and American and also a gradual decline in The Voice as well.

Therefore X Factor is apparently looking for judges who are good mentors, have experience in the business and are committed to working on the show, giving both good comments and have personality on the camera, so who should join X Factor USA. With the 2 names say why you believe they would be the best fit.

Kelly Rowland
Cheryl Cole
Paulina Rubio
Hilary Duff
Faith Hill
Jennifer Love Hewitt

This seems to be the final list, so who will get the final 2 spots or do you think Ne-Yo will come in and take one of the places. Who should get it and why.
Barry_Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 15-05-2013, 17:24
ASHFORDSTP
Forum Member

Jennifer Love Hewitt is filming a show called the client list so I doubt it will be her. A lot of reports are saying it's between Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubia.
ASHFORDSTP is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 17:25
Zone_Out
Forum Member

I think Kelly has it tbh.
JLH could`ve been interesting i think

If Demi wasn`t on the panel i`d Love Hilary Duff but with Demi also being a young Disney kid i can`t see that happening (imo) i would`ve replace Demi with Hilary
Zone_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 17:28
EddyEagal
Forum Member

At first, as I was under the impresion that Kelly would get the final female place available, I was fully against her getting the job because I feel as though that place belongs to Cheryl. Now that it's looking likely we're going to get a female strong panel, I am not entirely against Kelly's supposed hiring. I think Kelly is a sensible choice; not the best choice, but without a doubt an OK choice. She seems to be relatively popular in the US and is quite a current artist who not only has scored hits in the recent years, but also enjoyed global sucess on a huge level whilst being a part of DC. While I don't think Kelly showed her full potential on the UK X Factor, I think she could prove popular on home ground. She's not a huge name in the states, but not a major degrade from a name like Britney Spears. She'll also have good chemistry with the other judges because she is a strong feisty character. With her experience as a mentor, I think the contestants could really benefit and learn from her.

As for the second place, I obviously want Cheryl Cole to get the job. She's perfect for the role and fits incredibly well into the new job description issued by fox producers for Season 3. She's not a big name in America which creates a buzz surrounding the fact that someone fresh would be debuting on American television in a full time capacity (not just three days like before). We know her and Simon have amazing chemistry and despite what has happened in the past between the pair, I doubt highly that the chemistry is gone. Regardless of what happens, if people have chemistry then that sticks around. Cheryl and Demi would work perfectly together with their banter and their ganging up on Simon and I would imagine they'd get on very well; bringing potentially an element of comedy to the panel. Cheryl is well qualified for the job also as she knows the show better than most. She's a fantastic mentor and comes across great on television.

In my opinion Simon, Demi, Cheryl and Kelly would the best judging panel's on US television. Simon would be in his element with three females and I would think the chemistry between them all would be great. The excitement surrounding Cheryl's return and the chemistry alone I think would bump up the ratings.
EddyEagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 18:05
sjp07
Forum Member

Kelly has an album to push. She would be stupid to take the job. Her biggest mistake with her last album was lack of promotion. This album seems to be a game changer for her and if she it's her music career aside to take this, she is an idiot. She should be preparing a tour and focusing on her album. This show has been a big fat failure. Why do something beneath you when something better, that is her passion, is waiting in the wings?
sjp07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 18:30
4troy7
Forum Member

Kelly has an album to push. She would be stupid to take the job. Her biggest mistake with her last album was lack of promotion. This album seems to be a game changer for her and if she it's her music career aside to take this, she is an idiot. She should be preparing a tour and focusing on her album. This show has been a big fat failure. Why do something beneath you when something better, that is her passion, is waiting in the wings?
Her Album is out In June I think and X Factor is not on till Winter period I know auditions start soon but I'm sure she could work around audition dates to promote the Album if she becomes a judge.
4troy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 18:40
ElectricBoy171
Forum Member

Anyone of them apart from Kelly.
ElectricBoy171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 18:44
Kuda_Kunaka
Forum Member

Her Album is out In June I think and X Factor is not on till Winter period I know auditions start soon but I'm sure she could work around audition dates to promote the Album if she becomes a judge.
I agree with this. her album is out June 18 so she has time to promote and joining XF means more promotion too
Kuda_Kunaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 19:14
bownskin
Forum Member

Hi Everyojne - my first time posting so bear with me.

I think Kelly and Faith Hill would be good additions to the panel. Faith because she brings years of musical experience and has the crossover of both country and pop and Kelly because she was an excellent mentor and judge on the UK version and the American audience will more "get her". She was a member of one of the biggest girl groups on the planet and would do really well mentoring the groups. She would also help bring in the more "urban" audience
bownskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 19:15
dondfan998

Kelly and Paulina- I think the show needs a Latin music based judge, and of course I LOVE Kelly Rowland.
dondfan998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 19:59
Helen_Smith3
Forum Member

Hi Everyojne - my first time posting so bear with me.

I think Kelly and Faith Hill would be good additions to the panel. Faith because she brings years of musical experience and has the crossover of both country and pop and Kelly because she was an excellent mentor and judge on the UK version and the American audience will more "get her". She was a member of one of the biggest girl groups on the planet and would do really well mentoring the groups. She would also help bring in the more "urban" audience
Kelly was a terrible mentor, didn't she fly back to America for over a week because she was 'sick'. And you could tell that she favourited Misha B over her other girls.
Helen_Smith3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 20:02
d56
Forum Member

Kelly
d56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 20:06
jackbell
Forum Member

Cheryl
jackbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 20:11
Dave0893
Forum Member

I would like to see Kelly and Cheryl as judges, I loved Kelly as a judge on the UK show and I think if the whole Misha B thing never happened everyone would still like her here too.

Its funny, if you read this forum it looks like Cheryl is hated on here, yet on numerous polls she actually always does well, yet she has so little vocal support, it is strange.
Dave0893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 20:15
Mikedoc90
Forum Member

Cheryl's in Cannes on Saturday, does that rule out X Factor?
Mikedoc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 20:20
Helen_Smith3
Forum Member

Not necessarily, what date do auditions start again?
Old 15-05-2013, 20:22
Dave0893
Forum Member

No. Filming begins on Tuesday, so she has plenty of time to attend Cannes and then fly back out to America.
Dave0893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 20:24
Mikedoc90
Forum Member

No. Filming begins on Tuesday, so she has plenty of time to attend Cannes and then fly back out to America.
Oh right. Thanks for clearing that up. Hopeful the panel is Cheryl, Demi, Simon and Kelly
Mikedoc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 20:29
bownskin
Forum Member

Kelly was a terrible mentor, didn't she fly back to America for over a week because she was 'sick'. And you could tell that she favourited Misha B over her other girls.
.. and what, Cheryl was good was she!!! Like Cheryl favoured Cher!!
Old 15-05-2013, 20:43
Helen_Smith3
Forum Member

It was actually Cheryl's other act Rebecca Ferguson who came second so Cheryl couldn't have been treating her too badly. And yeah I do think she was a great judge and mentor hence why her acts won two years in a row.
Old 15-05-2013, 20:47
bownskin
Forum Member

It was actually Cheryl's other act Rebecca Ferguson who came second so Cheryl couldn't have been treating her too badly. And yeah I do think she was a great judge and mentor hence why her acts won two years in a row.
.. I know exactly who came second and it was through no help of Cheryl for sure. Cheryl did not care about anyone but Cher and the other mad one and it was only because Rebecca was so good a singer she came second. You think she was great judge/mentor, I don't so go figure.
Old 15-05-2013, 21:08
jackbell
Forum Member

Who is doing rather well in the US...
jackbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 21:12
troy4783
Forum Member

If it it's a boy and a girl I hope it's Kelly and Ne-Yo but if it's two girls I hope it's Kelly and Cheryl.
troy4783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 21:15
Starzz123
Forum Member

Kelly and Faith Hill.
Starzz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 21:26
ItsRyanYall
Forum Member

Paulina RWHObio?
ItsRyanYall is offline   Reply With Quote