Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Sending a mobile phone

Old 15-05-2013, 21:48
Rossby41
Forum Member

Basically I've got a new phone, and it doesn't seem to recognize the sim card. Rung up Tesco, went through all the usual stuff. Anyway that are sending me a bag, and I've got to post it to them. What would be the best/safest royal mail way of sending it to them?
Rossby41 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 15-05-2013, 21:51
alan1302
Forum Member

Basically I've got a new phone, and it doesn't seem to recognize the sim card. Rung up Tesco, went through all the usual stuff. Anyway that are sending me a bag, and I've got to post it to them. What would be the best/safest royal mail way of sending it to them?
Royal Mail Special Delivery - guaranteed next day and fully insured. Just make sure you tell Post Office value of the phone you are sending.
alan1302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 22:41
Mr Dangerous
Inactive Member

Or if you don't trust the post office you can contact your local courier company and they bung it on the overnight service, might cost a bit more. Most courier companies has an overnight facility.
Mr Dangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 22:49
alan1302
Forum Member

Or if you don't trust the post office you can contact your local courier company and they bung it on the overnight service, might cost a bit more. Most courier companies has an overnight facility.
Not worth paying anymore IMHO - Royal Mail are as good as anyone else.
alan1302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2013, 01:21
enapace
Forum Member

Royal Mail Special Delivery - guaranteed next day and fully insured. Just make sure you tell Post Office value of the phone you are sending.
Not always true I recently sent something from Cheshire to Birmingham I had it done at post office at 10:30AM [On a Monday] and it didn't arrive at friends house in Birmingham till the Wednesday morning. Before you say they hadn't tried deliver on Tuesday as he was in all day and no card was through door.

Not worth paying anymore IMHO - Royal Mail are as good as anyone else.
Very true if you sending anything in UK then royal mail is fine apart from the one time I detailed above it has been excellent service. If you ever want reliable international delivery don't go with royal mail though.

Would suggest to anyone to never use Yodel they are the worst delivery company in UK never had anything but extreme trouble from them.
enapace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2013, 07:58
gomezz
Forum Member

Tesco include instructions with the return bag explaining exactly what you need to do. Follow that to the letter and you are covered.
gomezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2013, 09:51
Rossby41
Forum Member

Also another topic, can anybody explain how to factor reset the phone, so I don't send it back logged into my account. It's the HTC Desire X.
Rossby41 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote