Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

WIFi Problem

Old 18-05-2013, 00:02
pauljoanss
Forum Member

Not strictly anything to do with my IPad but could not find a more suitable forum on DS.
A couple of time a day my Internet connection gets "lost" on my IPad, but the wireless connection is still present. The solution is to turn off power to my router, wait for few seconds then turn on again. After a short period the Wifi is connected and then soon after the Internet connection is up and running.
Can anyone advise is the more likely to be a fault in the router (several years old) or a problem caused by my service provider.
Broadband supplied by TalkTalk thro std tel connection.
Router is a Netgear DG834G V3
pauljoanss is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 18-05-2013, 00:46
pauljoanss
Forum Member

Not strictly anything to do with my IPad but could not find a more suitable forum on DS.
A couple of time a day my Internet connection gets "lost" on my IPad, but the wireless connection is still present. The solution is to turn off power to my router, wait for few seconds then turn on again. After a short period the Wifi is connected and then soon after the Internet connection is up and running.
Can anyone advise is the more likely to be a fault in the router (several years old) or a problem caused by my service provider.
Broadband supplied by TalkTalk thro std tel connection.
Router is a Netgear DG834G V3

Apologies but I have now found the Broadband Forum so please ignore this.
pauljoanss is offline   Reply With Quote