Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Why does Lorraine Kelly hardly ever present her own show?

Old 18-05-2013, 14:17
Vodka_Drinka
Forum Member

I don't really watch "Lorraine" all that often, but when I do it always seems to be either Kate Garraway or someone else hosting it. Why does Lorraine get so much time off? The show is called "Lorraine" but half the time she's not even on it!

Wouldn't it be nice if the rest of us could get so much time off from our, jobs eh?
Vodka_Drinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 18-05-2013, 14:36
Sloopy
Forum Member

She's got the main Daybreak gig now and she must be ITV's longest serving breakfast presenter so I expect she gets to pick and choose her schedule.

She may as well ditch the 'Lorraine' show now though and let somebody else have a shot.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2013, 14:38
The_Smeg
Inactive Member

The_Smeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2013, 15:03
earthling13
Forum Member

The less we see of Lorraine the better.
earthling13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2013, 15:06
spookyLX
Forum Member

she can be quite accident prone as well , is she not always falling off horses etc
spookyLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2013, 15:12
offtotheraces
Forum Member

She must have the most cushy deal in the history of all cushy deals ever. She's not even what I'd call a good presenter with her incessant giggling and shrieking.

There must be a lot bodies buried somewhere, and our Lorraine must know the location.
offtotheraces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2013, 15:39
ursula321
Forum Member

She must have the most cushy deal in the history of all cushy deals ever. She's not even what I'd call a good presenter with her incessant giggling and shrieking.

There must be a lot bodies buried somewhere, and our Lorraine must know the location.
this 100%. I can't stand the woman
ursula321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2013, 15:40
big brother 9
Forum Member

she probably fell of another horse or as i like to call it falling out of someones backside as she is such a brown noser
big brother 9 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2013, 15:50
Vodka_Drinka
Forum Member

she can be quite accident prone as well , is she not always falling off horses etc
she probably fell of another horse or as i like to call it falling out of someones backside as she is such a brown noser
I couldn't believe the whole horse thing. What he hell possessed her to attempt to jump on a horse having only started riding just days before?! I'd been rididng about six months to a year before I even started jumping small fences, and I was a child. Children pick up things quicker than adults. She was very lucky that she wasn't more seriously injured than she was!
Vodka_Drinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2013, 12:00
grumpyscot
Forum Member

And so say all of us, and so say all of us................
grumpyscot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2013, 17:55
Leicester_Hunk
Forum Member

I think it should be renamed Kate. She seems to be on it more than Lorraine
Leicester_Hunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 05:36
Multimedia81
Forum Member

I think Lorraine is only off on Fridays and during the school holidays and half-term. Mind you, this is longer than teachers get off work.
Multimedia81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2013, 06:23
mag99
Forum Member

I think Lorraine is only off on Fridays and during the school holidays and half-term. Mind you, this is longer than teachers get off work.
Why does Lorraine still need school holidays off??? Her daughter is grown up and at university now
mag99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2013, 06:35
DariaM
Forum Member

I don't really watch "Lorraine" all that often, but when I do it always seems to be either Kate Garraway or someone else hosting it. Why does Lorraine get so much time off? The show is called "Lorraine" but half the time she's not even on it!

Wouldn't it be nice if the rest of us could get so much time off from our, jobs eh?
I am sure that is she could communicate with viewers in basic English, and lost about 50 Kg, she would have been given more prominance than she has been
DariaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2013, 07:02
i4u
Forum Member

Probably Health & Safety reasons, it's very stressful sitting on yer backside talking to people. No doubt a scientific study has been done to show those employed to sit on a TV sofa for more than 90 mins are likely to suffer permanent disfigurement of their bums.

As for having Friday's off, is that so she can write her Saturday newspaper rant?

Maybe she only does 6 hours a week, so her social benefits don't get cut?
i4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2013, 18:24
hallowxmas448
Forum Member

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I detest the crap interview or lack of it style she uses!!
hallowxmas448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2013, 21:58
ChipDouglas82
Forum Member

She only has Fridays off unfortunately, and the school holidays (I think?)

Last edited by ChipDouglas82 : 25-05-2013 at 21:59. Reason: Sorry just seen the other posts...
ChipDouglas82 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 16:27
Radiance26
Forum Member

Anyone else find her very patronising? When she interviews guests who have come on to discuss something serious or a death or something shes always making stupid noises and I think if I was being interviewed I would wanna slap her!

Oh the other hand, I really like Kate, she should have her own part of the show!
Radiance26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 18:03
offtotheraces
Forum Member

Anyone else find her very patronising? When she interviews guests who have come on to discuss something serious or a death or something shes always making stupid noises and I think if I was being interviewed I would wanna slap her!

Oh the other hand, I really like Kate, she should have her own part of the show!
Lorraine is terrible but celebs seem to like getting interviewed by her from what I gather. Probably because she just gushes and squeals all over them and so it's not a very taxing interview to have to do.

Kate is better but I do wish she'd stop dressing like a twenty year old. She looks ridiculous some mornings.
offtotheraces is offline   Reply With Quote