Options

Sky Special Offers for o2 Customers

spacepostmanspacepostman Posts: 774
Forum Member
✭✭
Just wondering if any other o2 customers have received any offers from Sky yet? and what do you make if them?

I couldn't find any information on Sky's website regarding TV offers and assume I'm now a "Existing Sky Customer" since I had the letter saying "Welcome to Sky etc.." a few weeks ago.

I'm not a huge fan of Sky/$ky but there are a few channels I'd like to pay a few quid to have (Discovery etc and Hallmark) and I currently have Freesat SD with only one LNB output), the Freesat Plus/Freetime HD offerings don't seem worth the cost of upgrading.

Comments

• Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is only O2/be broadband that Sky is taking over. Sky as far as i know don't normally spam their broadband only users.
    If you want Sky Tv, then you have to get in touch with them. they may throw a offer at you if you say you are thinking of going elsewhere for broadband.
    i presume you are not in a contract for O2, so can leave at any time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    I've recently moved and instead of me taking my O2 broadband with me sky offered me free broadband for a year
  • Options
    LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member
    Sky has sent an email to O2 broadband customers .....

Is that correct o2 customers ??

http://www.itproportal.com/2013/05/20/o2-customers-getting-free-sky-tv-and-broadband-entice-them-stay/
  • Options
    1saintly1saintly Posts: 4,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LION8TIGER wrote: »

http://www.itproportal.com/2013/05/20/o2-customers-getting-free-sky-tv-and-broadband-entice-them-stay/

No, i havent had any EMails off Sky with any offers to stay.
  • Options
    neil79neil79 Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    It is only O2/be broadband that Sky is taking over. Sky as far as i know don't normally spam their broadband only users.
    If you want Sky Tv, then you have to get in touch with them. they may throw a offer at you if you say you are thinking of going elsewhere for broadband.
    i presume you are not in a contract for O2, so can leave at any time.

I am a O2 BB & phone customer near the end of my contract and all Sky offered me was a half price Sky TV deal even though I told him I have freesat and am not interested in pay TV. Best deal I have been offered so far has come from Virgin Media cable. I am still not sure what to go with yet.
  • Options
    James RalstonJames Ralston Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    noise747 wrote: »

I didn't know Sky did only BB ? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm signed up - very easy and without a code or email just called them! TV, Line rental, broadband , new router and sky hd box all in for £14.50/month!

Comment 250 here, seems you have to phone them up ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I phoned up O2 and a guy announced himself as Sky broadband. All he did was try and rubbish the Plusnet and BT deals ( I had not got around to VM at the time).

When I spoke the VM people ( in a local shopping mall) they seemed to understand that I was only interested in BB and didn't try and push their TV services on me. Maybe it depends on who you talk to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    neil79 wrote: »
    I phoned up O2 and a guy announced himself as Sky broadband. All he did was try and rubbish the Plusnet and BT deals ( I had not got around to VM at the time).

When I spoke the VM people ( in a local shopping mall) they seemed to understand that I was only interested in BB and didn't try and push their TV services on me. Maybe it depends on who you talk to.

Worth trying again, you may get a better deal from someone else even though they should have the same leeway.
    It seems an almost unbelievable deal but in the light of BT's new offering of free TV including some football to BT broadband subscribers then I can believe it .... Sky are re-raising the ante.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Worth trying again, you may get a better deal from someone else even though they should have the same leeway.
    It seems an almost unbelievable deal but in the light of BT's new offering of free TV including some football to BT broadband subscribers then I can believe it .... Sky are re-raising the ante.

I have spoken to Sky twice now so am very tempted to go with one of the other players. Sky want to sell Pay TV and don't seem very interested in BB customers.

Reminds me of Orange mobile offering so called free internet to sell expensive mobile contracts. When I complained about the poor broadband they more or less said what do you expect for free.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am a O2 BB & phone customer near the end of my contract and all Sky offered me was a half price Sky TV deal even though I told him I have freesat and am not interested in pay TV. Best deal I have been offered so far has come from Virgin Media cable. I am still not sure what to go with yet.

You just got to weigh up the pros and cons and if you really want pay TV.

TBH, if you don't want pay Tv, then it don't matter what Sky offer you in that respect it is still not a good offer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know Sky did only BB ? :confused:

Well broadband and phone anyway. you don't need Sky Tv to have their broadband, it will cost a little more mind you, but still cheap enough
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i bet that will cost them. i suppose they hope that people will stay after the 12 months. Be very costly if a load of people decided to give sky the push after 12 months.
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've certainly not had that email and would give it some serious consideration if I did, to be honest. I wonder if they're only offering it to folk who have broadband AND phone with o2...

I would've expected that kind of deal to have made more waves on various news outlets, though... then again, I've not had a chance to check out my usual news sites for the past few days.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    I have just received the Sky email, and am extremely tempted by it!

However, I'm only about 4 months into my 12 month contract with O2, so am unsure if I am allowed to take this offer, or if my contract is in effect 'void' by O2 being bought up and I can just switch whenever.

Has anyone taken up this offer while still within an O2 contract?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alfa_mazda wrote: »
    I have just received the Sky email, and am extremely tempted by it!

However, I'm only about 4 months into my 12 month contract with O2, so am unsure if I am allowed to take this offer, or if my contract is in effect 'void' by O2 being bought up and I can just switch whenever.

Has anyone taken up this offer while still within an O2 contract?

Phone them and ask. They're the only ones who will be able to give you 100% info...

What does the email actually say? All I've seen up to now is snippets...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    I will ring eventually I just wondered if anyone had already tried it or not...then I'd know not to bother...

It says if i switch now (well before the end of June) I can get free TV, broadband and weekend calls for 1 year, all I'd pay is £14.50 a month line rental. That's less than I pay now for O2 broadband and line rental alone so am hoping I can do it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going off comments I've seen here and elsewhere, Sky buying O2 pretty much gives you a get-out of your contract anyway, think it's to do with an extreme change of the T&Cs in that Sky are now the company you're dealing with.

Sky also now own whatever service you were getting, anyway, so there certainly wouldn't be any penalty with O2 for taking up a new offer.

I only have O2 BB (and mobile but that doesn't count) and it's a rolling legacy deal at that. From what I've read it's only those with O2 BB and landline who're getting this offer...
  • Options
    barker71barker71 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just wanted to confirm something, I have broadband only with o2 and am in contract until December 2013.

Am i right in thinking that i can cancel my broadband with o2 now without having to buy out the rest of my contract?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barker71 wrote: »
    Just wanted to confirm something, I have broadband only with o2 and am in contract until December 2013.

Am i right in thinking that i can cancel my broadband with o2 now without having to buy out the rest of my contract?

It seems to be different people are being told different things. You'll only know for sure if you phone them and ask.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just had a email saying my BB & home phone is increasing to £28pm in June after paying only £21pm for the last 12 months.
    They will have to do better than that to have any chance of keeping my custom.
  • Options
    MaccaMacca Posts: 18,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just had a email saying my BB & home phone is increasing to £28pm in June after paying only £21pm for the last 12 months.
    They will have to do better than that to have any chance of keeping my custom.

Is that with Sky?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maccadanny wrote: »
    Is that with Sky?

Yes. I have already spoke to a Sky guy on the phone and he only seemed interested in trying to sell me Pay TV.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So... You're not an O2 customer being given a deal to jump to Sky, then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    So... You're not an O2 customer being given a deal to jump to Sky, then?

I am a O2 BB and home phone customer. I don't have my mobile with O2 anymore as I got a better deal elsewhere.