Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Would we ever get a handheld Xbox 360?

Old 19-05-2013, 00:37
BMR

A bit pie in the sky this, but could/would Microsoft ever make a handheld 360?

Might be an interesting way to get a few more years out of the 360?
BMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 19-05-2013, 01:13
chopoff
Forum Member

Highly doubt it.

Handheld by proxy, maybe.

Streaming to a tablet/mobile device for the 720, probably.
chopoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2013, 02:53
FIFA1966
Forum Member

The handheld market is nowhere near the console/PC market.

Besides, the console/PC market is worth more than handheld and the console/PC market has better quality in graphics, processors and the fact the gamers are more likely to buy a console/PC for game playing rather than handheld.
FIFA1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2013, 11:04
steven123
Forum Member

Technically, I see no reason it couldn't be done, afterall the PS Vita offers performance near to PS3 level and nowadays even mobile phones/tablets are approaching the 3D performance of current gen consoles like the 360, you have to remember the 360 is 8 years old! The technology is definitely there.

However, as Microsoft have shown little to no interest in the handheld market and probably wouldn't want to risk encroaching on their own Windows 8 phone market, I see very little liklihood of a handheld 360. Plus if they did release one it wouldn't appeal to me at all, I like experiences custom made for the device, hence why I favour the DS and 3DS over the PSP and Vita. Putting full 360 games on a handheld is not a recipe for success although many of the Live Arcade and even some of the Indie games would make pretty good handheld experiences.
steven123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2013, 17:19
2Dshmuplover
Forum Member

Doubt it but you never know!

IF a portable system was released with decent battery life, ergonomic controls and was compatible with ALL pre-existing and upcoming XBLA and XBLIG games then it would be the best handheld console ever IMHO. I wouldn't hesitate to get one.
2Dshmuplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2013, 17:23
kobashi100
Forum Member

Doubt it but you never know!

IF a portable system was released with decent battery life, ergonomic controls and was compatible with ALL pre-existing and upcoming XBLA and XBLIG games then it would be the best handheld console ever IMHO. I wouldn't hesitate to get one.
not a chance..

MS just need to take a look @ the Vita and how it is not selling to see that releasing a handheld would be utter madness.
kobashi100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2013, 21:00
Chparmar
Forum Member

The dedicated handheld console market is shrinking. It pains me to say it but the 3DS/Vita are not doing as well as the DS/PSP. It would be crazy now!
Chparmar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2013, 11:33
Aspartame
Forum Member

Not when they're still trying to push Windows Phone, no.
Aspartame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 19:21
Banana Rama
Forum Member

handheld consoles will come to an end pretty soon, they are simply not needed anymore, tablets will take the mobile gaming market, i tried playing uncharted on my friends vita a while back, the screen is so small the characters are like ants, looking into that tiny screen for long periods will surely affect your vision in the long run and end up needing glasses...
Banana Rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 20:05
TheBigM
Forum Member

Dedicated handheld gaming is dead. All that gaming is now on tablets and phones.
TheBigM is offline   Reply With Quote