Robson Green split up with his wife

Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2326803/Robson-Greens-marriage-Soldier-Soldier-star-spoken-model-wife-years.html

‘Vanya is a lady,’ he said, ‘She’s a great person. Just not great for me.’

Not very nice of him. I thought they had a good marriage, am surprised they have split up.

That's why he has had all that time to do the Extreme Fishing shows.

No time for him, he is a rotten philanderer anyway

Comments

• Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For my sins, I used to quite fancy him about 20 years ago.

He does always come across as a bit of an arrogant tw*t though
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For somebody who professes to be so proud of his roots, why did he try and drop the Geordie accent?
  • TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they split up 2 or 3 years ago :confused:
  • RyJaRyJa Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There were three in the marriage, him, her and his reflection :)
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    For my sins, I used to quite fancy him about 20 years ago.

He does always come across as a bit of an arrogant tw*t though

:eek:
    Not at the height of Robson and Jerome mania?
    *makes inappropriate comment about Blondie having unrequited fantasies about Robson's rod.:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Busy with his career? Whats that these days, a fishing programme.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek:
    Not at the height of Robson and Jerome mania?
    *makes inappropriate comment about Blondie having unrequited fantasies about Robson's rod.:o

I was young, I was foolish, stood next to Jerome he looked rather cute.

*I'm thinking very inappropriate comments but I really, really shouldn't. ;)
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    TrishaS wrote: »

You know, so did I!
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TrishaS wrote: »

According to that article, they did. I always thought he was an arrogant so-and-so. He used to gush about his first wife all the time, but he cheated on her with Vanya for a number of years.
  • offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very back-handed to say that about his wife.

Haven't liked Robson Green for years now. He is a one-note actor who plays the same stuff over and over. The only time I did like him was in Soldier, Soldier and he was probably helped by having such a good supporting cast and quality script writing.

This, though, REALLY puts me off him completely even more than I was.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are however two sides to every story and this does not mean he is completely to blame.
  • offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    There are however two sides to every story and this does not mean he is completely to blame.

He's to blame for his own comments. Like I said, very back-handed of him.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    Busy with his career? Whats that these days, a fishing programme.
    By all accounts it's very popular around the world. Nice job if you can get it, but he really does put a lot of effort into it. I don't like the total lack of consideration for the fish by some of the people on it. That fat guy who was speed-winching fish up from the depths of the sea was a disgrace.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bookaddict wrote: »
    According to that article, they did. I always thought he was an arrogant so-and-so. He used to gush about his first wife all the time, but he cheated on her with Vanya for a number of years.

I thought it was the wife of an Emmerdale actor who he cheated on his first wife with, Pam somebody, who shagged Robson in revenge for her husband being a serial philanderer. I think he married Malandra Burrows in Emmerdale years ago.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bookaddict wrote: »

His first wife was very ordinary and down-to-earth. He had a long-term affair with his so-called mate's wife Pam Sharrock.

He used to gush about Vanya as well - and then suddenly she's "not right for him" after all.

Strange bloke, strange accent. What's happened to the acting career?!
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was the wife of an Emmerdale actor who he cheated on his first wife with, Pam somebody, who shagged Robson in revenge for her husband being a serial philanderer. I think he married Malandra Burrows in Emmerdale years ago.

Yes, my mistake. It was Pam McDonald he had the affair with. He still a cheating ***** though.
  • gingerjackgingerjack Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a vanya poster on my wall during my teenage years, sales of tissues must have been very high during that time , it was a cruel knife in my heart when she got with that pratt !!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet his first wife (Alison??) is glad she is out of this all. The guy is a pillock
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate that faux posh accent he tries to put on. He's sounds like a pillock. You can just hear the Geordie dying to get out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate that faux posh accent he tries to put on. He's sounds like a pillock. You can just hear the Geordie dying to get out.

I don't think his accent is strange at all. A lot of people from Northumberland sound like that. We're not all Cheryl Cole inner city council estate you know :D
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was OK in Being Human as the werewolf McNair. But I know what you mean about the accent. All over the place now.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Gill P wrote: »
    He was OK in Being Human as the werewolf McNair. But I know what you mean about the accent. All over the place now.

And his bum did give a magnificent performance during his last scene :o
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is a sort of odd fish imo.

Excellent and lives the part in Wire In The Blood but utterly baffling in real life apparently. Much like Tom Cruise, I much prefer the actor to the man.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a wee tw*t, who got carried away with himself. With his fake posh accent all of a sudden, and believing in his own hype. Self-satisfied c**t!! :D
  • MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    I seen him on the one show recently and thought with the way he was acting that he was gay..I had to ask my son if he heard anything about him (son being gay and knows all the gossip) but he didn't even know who he was lol