Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

iPhone earphones

Old 20-05-2013, 10:25
charmedcharlee
Forum Member

Gutted, my earphones broke yesterday luckily enough I have a spare pair of Gummy's lying around. Was having a look this morning for a new decent pair but really don't know what to go for. Found bassbuds which have Swarovski on the bud which makes them look really cute. My only concern is they are a brand I don't really know so not sure on the quality and hoping one of you may have had experiences with them.

The link is here if you want to have a look, hoping you could give me advice or your thoughts on whether they seem decent enough to fork 40 on, thanks!!!

www.bassbuds.co.uk
charmedcharlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 20-05-2013, 10:26
chenks
Forum Member

poor spambot attempt
chenks is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2013, 10:32
charmedcharlee
Forum Member

Sorry, I hadn't realised it came off that way :/ . Just wanted to get some help/opinions on those or other recommendations within that price range.
Old 20-05-2013, 10:40
calico_pie
Forum Member

I've had some Sennheisers in the past that were really good. They do loads, but I'm sure some for under 50.

http://en-uk.sennheiser.com/iphone-h...sets-earphones
calico_pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2013, 10:42
charmedcharlee
Forum Member

Thanks, I've heard quite a lot about them I just always thought they were overly expensive. Will have a look now thanks!
Old 20-05-2013, 10:48
chenks
Forum Member

Sorry, I hadn't realised it came off that way :/ . Just wanted to get some help/opinions on those or other recommendations within that price range.
just signed up - tick
first post - tick
talks about 1 particular brand and posts URL to website - tick
chenks is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2013, 11:36
charmedcharlee
Forum Member

I do apologise then, that was never my intention
Old 20-05-2013, 12:06
Anika Hanson
Forum Member

Gutted, my earphones broke yesterday luckily enough I have a spare pair of Gummy's lying around. Was having a look this morning for a new decent pair but really don't know what to go for. Found bassbuds which have Swarovski on the bud which makes them look really cute. My only concern is they are a brand I don't really know so not sure on the quality and hoping one of you may have had experiences with them.

The link is here if you want to have a look, hoping you could give me advice or your thoughts on whether they seem decent enough to fork 40 on, thanks!!!

www.bassbuds.co.uk
Hoe weird. My iPhone earphones broke on Saturday as well and I bought some gummy ones to replace them. They are quite uncomfortable though so I'm looking for something else too. I quite liked the Apple ones but they only lasted 5 months so am reluctant to get them again.
Anika Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2013, 12:09
grumpyoldbat
Forum Member

I've had some Sennheisers in the past that were really good. They do loads, but I'm sure some for under 50.

http://en-uk.sennheiser.com/iphone-h...sets-earphones
Another vote for Sennys! The CX in-ear models give great sound and average about 30 (some more, some less)

Their only fault I find is that their wires tangle too easily.

If you're willing to spend more, I bought a set of V-Moda in-ear ones from the US and they have covered wires and are virtually tangle-free, but they were about 75.
grumpyoldbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2013, 12:30
charmedcharlee
Forum Member

Another vote for Sennys! The CX in-ear models give great sound and average about 30 (some more, some less)

If you're willing to spend more, I bought a set of V-Moda in-ear ones from the US and they have covered wires and are virtually tangle-free, but they were about 75.
Oh ok, they sound reasonable, yeah I have a problem with tangling wires have actually broken a pair before because they were tangled so badly, think a wire had snapped inside - ouch.

Will have a look at the V-Moda ones though, don't mind spending a bit more if they are worth it Thank you
Old 20-05-2013, 15:02
clonmult
Forum Member

V-Moda are okay (I love the look of their vibes), but if you're after sound quality Sennheiser are amongst the best headphones at almost any price point.

I've got some of their over-ear ones for running and some over-ear ones for listening at home. Sound quality is excellent on them all.
clonmult is offline   Reply With Quote