Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

iPad Speaker with landscape View

Old 20-05-2013, 14:11
thedrewser
Forum Member

I've been looking to buy an iPad (in my case iPad 3) docking base with a decent speaker but that allows the iPad to be viewed in landscape.

I want to use it to watch tv and movies and get a bit better speaker volume, but so far, it's a case of either go for a bluetooth one or a docking base that only allows connection in portrait (due to the location of the connectors).

I did see one which has an arm that can be turned to view the iPad in both views, but it gets poor reviews, so, I was wondering if anybody had speakers they could recommend, whether a dock or bluetooth. I have a budget of about 90-100.
thedrewser is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 20-05-2013, 14:22
PPhilster
Inactive Member

I've been looking to buy an iPad (in my case iPad 3) docking base with a decent speaker but that allows the iPad to be viewed in landscape.

I want to use it to watch tv and movies and get a bit better speaker volume, but so far, it's a case of either go for a bluetooth one or a docking base that only allows connection in portrait (due to the location of the connectors).

I did see one which has an arm that can be turned to view the iPad in both views, but it gets poor reviews, so, I was wondering if anybody had speakers they could recommend, whether a dock or bluetooth. I have a budget of about 90-100.
Buy yourself a used previous generation AirPort Express and plug in any powered speaker to that, or to a stereo, and simply wirelessly AirPlay your audio. Doesn't get better than that.

I have two AirPort Expresses set up that way for two different rooms/zones and both have Bose Companion II speakers plugged into them and they sound fantastic. The best sounding compact speakers in the market.
PPhilster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2013, 15:05
jsmith99
Forum Member

What's wrong with the kind of cover which folds into a stand? I find it brilliant - just close the cover and the iPad goes to sleep.
jsmith99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2013, 15:47
thedrewser
Forum Member

What's wrong with the kind of cover which folds into a stand? I find it brilliant - just close the cover and the iPad goes to sleep.
I do indeed have such a cover, although it doesn't work as a speaker for the iPad which was the subject of my post.
thedrewser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2013, 23:35
jsmith99
Forum Member

I do indeed have such a cover, although it doesn't work as a speaker for the iPad which was the subject of my post.
Sorry, I skipped over the part about a better volume. I think the sound on my iPad mini is very good - far better than my laptop.
jsmith99 is offline   Reply With Quote