Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Playing Minecraft too much has caused 'burn in' on LCD TV!

Old 22-05-2013, 14:50
deans6571
Forum Member

After I had finished playing Minecraft on my 360 last night, I switched back to the 360 Dashboard and I am 100% certain that i could still see a 'burn in' image of the boxes, along the bottom where your inventory goes, still showing on the Dashboard...?!

I was under the impression that it was only plasma TVs that get this but it seems that my Samsung 28" LCD (LEBDX series) has also suffered as well.....! Its not a new tv - its quite an old model which I bought when HD LCDs were all the rage back in the day...!

Any cures anybody ( apart from not playing Minecraft anymore)
deans6571 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 22-05-2013, 14:58
TracerTong
Forum Member

It should clear up by itself after a few hours of inactivity. If you monitor is getting on, it will cause this to happen.
I have a 7 yr 32'' Samsung LCD TV that has this problem, but after a few hours, it's back to normal.

My daughter loves that game. I cant seen to get into it myself.
TracerTong is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 15:22
Asmo
Forum Member

Yeah, unlike CRT screens this form of 'burn in' usually disappears after a different image has been displayed for a period of time. If you have something connected with a screensaver or colour-cycling display it can 'massage' the LCD back to normal
Asmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 16:00
deans6571
Forum Member

Yeah, unlike CRT screens this form of 'burn in' usually disappears after a different image has been displayed for a period of time. If you have something connected with a screensaver or colour-cycling display it can 'massage' the LCD back to normal
...hmm - lets hope so!!

Will check on it again tonight!
deans6571 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 16:49
Sick Bullet
Forum Member

I have this at the top of my screen three faint lines going right across to form two long bars I guess from all the time I leave my browser open it will never go
Sick Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote