Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Will the Nook Simple Touch help with Dyslexia?

Old 22-05-2013, 21:03
mirrormirror
Forum Member

I am looking to buy one tomorrow. Does it allow you to change font size and fonts? Is it a good reading experience?

Thanks.
mirrormirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 23-05-2013, 06:26
mirrormirror
Forum Member

Wow. not a single reply. I guess these forums ain't what they used to be
Old 23-05-2013, 07:17
IvanIV
Forum Member

Not many people have Nook reader. If it's any help, probably not, I have Kindle and you can change a font size in steps there.
IvanIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 08:56
TheCrackInTime
Forum Member

I am looking to buy one tomorrow. Does it allow you to change font size and fonts? Is it a good reading experience?

Thanks.
I can't answer specifically with regards to dyslexia, but yes and yes are the answers to the two questions in your post.

Not many people have Nook reader. If it's any help, probably not, I have Kindle and you can change a font size in steps there.
Given that they seem to be sold out everywhere, I wouldn't be so sure about that.
TheCrackInTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 10:30
IvanIV
Forum Member

Given that they seem to be sold out everywhere, I wouldn't be so sure about that.
In that case their owners are just lazy or very very busy I would have answered the question if it had been about Kindle.
IvanIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 11:01
mirrormirror
Forum Member

In that case their owners are just lazy or very very busy I would have answered the question if it had been about Kindle.
true, went in to Currys (which I usually avoid) to find no Nook's at all.
Old 23-05-2013, 12:05
wakey
Forum Member

Not completely sure everyone buying them are doing so to use them as a ereader however. At 29.99 its a pretty cheap way of getting an eink screen for other uses (or other parts for other uses) and No doubt a lot of people are buying them up just because they are cheap in the hope they can sell them on later at a higher price
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 15:46
alternate
Forum Member

This forum is a bit of a ghost town, hence the slow response. I am only checking it because I am bored at work. Also google would have answered the font question :-P
alternate is offline   Reply With Quote