Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Which LED tv to buy

Old 24-05-2013, 20:29
sasker
Forum Member

I am after a 42" LED or Plasma with a budget of max, 600

My main reason is for 3D and HD viewing.

I have been looking at LG ones as they seem to have good passive 3D sets with a few pairs of glasses, but to be honest as long as I get 1 or 2 pairs i'm not too bothered. I see they do the cinema screen ones now which have no border around the edge so it's all glass which I like but a thin border is fine if need be.

I would be grateful of other peoples recommendations and also on the passive v active 3D debate too.
sasker is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 24-05-2013, 21:43
sasker
Forum Member

Anyone?
Old 25-05-2013, 00:37
evil c
Forum Member

Nice of you to allow a generous 1 hours before bumping your thread. Desperate for an answer or what?!

Well, I entered your criteria into Which? Compare Features and it found one TV only, the Best Buy LG 42LM620T, on offer at Richer Sound for 549 with a free 5 year guarantee.

There's been a few discussions about passive v active 3D in this forum and I'm personally not that bothered myself. When I was auditioning 3D TVs I preferred active so that's what I got, but I hardly ever watch the couple of 3D movies I have now anyway and I stopped buying them a while ago.
evil c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2013, 02:09
sasker
Forum Member

It's none of your business if I bump the thread. It's my thread after all!! and Yes as I'm wanting a quick reply as I'm wanting to buy one tomorrow.

I've searched and searched myself inc which so while I appreciate you looking I already did that myself.

I wanted to get actual peoples views from the forum as to who has bought a 42" 3D TV recently as who knows their could be lots of people all with different makes / models so wanted to get their opinion on them.
Old 25-05-2013, 02:45
the power king
Forum Member

this Nice 32 Smart TV http://johnlewis.scene7.com/is/image...wis/231952454?

or This Nice 40 TV http://johnlewis.scene7.com/is/image...wis/231949899?

both Sony the Best TV,s on the Market in John Lewis
the power king is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2013, 06:02
sasker
Forum Member

this Nice 32 Smart TV http://johnlewis.scene7.com/is/image...wis/231952454?

or This Nice 40 TV http://johnlewis.scene7.com/is/image...wis/231949899?

both Sony the Best TV,s on the Market in John Lewis

I want 42" as I already have a Sony 32"!! and there not 3D
Old 25-05-2013, 12:26
the power king
Forum Member

Nice of you to allow a generous 1 hours before bumping your thread. Desperate for an answer or what?!

Well, I entered your criteria into Which? Compare Features and it found one TV only, the Best Buy LG 42LM620T, on offer at Richer Sound for 549 with a free 5 year guarantee.

There's been a few discussions about passive v active 3D in this forum and I'm personally not that bothered myself. When I was auditioning 3D TVs I preferred active so that's what I got, but I hardly ever watch the couple of 3D movies I have now anyway and I stopped buying them a while ago.
he Right For 3d TV L G are the best as recommended by Sky and in My View one of the Top four Makes of TV,s along With Panasonic .Samsung and Sony are top My List ex 3d TV its L G all the way

I want 42" as I already have a Sony 32"!! and there not 3D
Sorry my my-stank
Hop that helps
the power king is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2013, 19:01
sasker
Forum Member

Can this thread be closed please.

Thanks
Old 25-05-2013, 19:28
mlayzell
Forum Member

Can this thread be closed please.

Thanks
Sorry but I recommend not posting threads if you don't like other members replies to the question!
mlayzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2013, 23:08
sasker
Forum Member

Sorry but I recommend not posting threads if you don't like other members replies to the question!
Are you having a laugh!!!!! And who are you?

Why would I not like another members response??? I simply have another thread open with a similar topic so just asked for this to be closed but it can stay open for all I care