Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

The Ratings Thread (Part 49)

Closed Thread
Old 24-05-2013, 22:15
DS Forum Support

Digital Spy Staff

Sorry I disagree with that no way the football will pull in a 9-10m peak dream land lucky if it peaks with 6m 2 German sides no one really cares about
Continuation of: The Ratings Thread (Part 48)
DS Forum Support is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 24-05-2013, 22:20
Fudd
Forum Member

Ooh new thread.

Anyway, Scott and Bailey's figure last night shows how silly ITV have been with Love and Marriage's scheduling; it'd have more of a chance on Thursday night. EastEnders may struggle next week but it'll bounce back the week after. The Boleyn documentary was great and deserved that rating on BBC Two. Channel 5 had a very good day overall.
Old 24-05-2013, 22:25
Dancc
Forum Member

Originally Posted by Hassaan13
As far as the weekend goes, I'll go for at least a 9-10m peak for the Champions League final.
Good luck with that. Looks extremely optimistic to me.

Three years ago when ITV ratings were generally higher than they are now, the UEFA Champions League final between Bayern Munich & Inter Milan averaged just 3.04m (16.1%).

Borussia Dortmund are lower profile than Inter Milan, so it's hard to see Saturday's game rating significantly better than that. It'll probably do mid 3's, and the peak won't be anything too spectacular.
Old 24-05-2013, 22:29
D.M.N.
Forum Member

Archive! http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...99&postcount=2

Mods are slipping.... can't lose over six years of ratings!
Old 24-05-2013, 23:10
mrmattybeck
Inactive Member

Ooh a shiney new thread
mrmattybeck is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 24-05-2013, 23:11
mrmattybeck
Inactive Member

Where's part 42-48 thanks
Old 24-05-2013, 23:12
mrmattybeck
Inactive Member

I reckon around 5-6m average will watch the champion league final it may very well be a dull fest through
Old 24-05-2013, 23:15
Brekkie
Forum Member

LOL - the old thread couldn't handle SamuelW defending ITV against an outrageous over-prediction for the Champions League:
9-10million peak for the champions league final? Absolutely no chance whatesoever.
It'll be interesting though to see how it averages as I suspect for many a marathon edition of The Voice will send viewers to ITV.
Brekkie is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 24-05-2013, 23:24
Ice dragon1
Forum Member

LOL - the old thread couldn't handle SamuelW defending ITV against an outrageous over-prediction for the Champions League:

It'll be interesting though to see how it averages as I suspect for many a marathon edition of The Voice will send viewers to ITV.
I'd rather watch people sing then a bunch of men running round a football field
Old 24-05-2013, 23:39
Brekkie
Forum Member

Some fairly significant news from the US - Mike Darnell is leaving FOX after 18 years. Officially it's his decision.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-as-fox-558372

Now hopefully if Deborah Turness can get a job at NBC when he best contribution to ITV News was maternity leave then Jay Hunt can bugger off to FOX!

Meanwhile there are reports next years Idol judges will all be ex-contestants with Jennifer Hudson confirmed, Kelly Clarkson close to signing and Adam Lambert and Clay Aiken fighting for the third spot. That all has a hint of "final season" to it for me.
Brekkie is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 24-05-2013, 23:50
steptastic1987
Forum Member

I think Channel 5 has done well with a repeat of a weddings countdown show, and a wedding based movie, actually glad I tuned in. I say about 1m for the documentary and about 1.2m for the film.
Old 25-05-2013, 00:09
mrmattybeck
Inactive Member

He's. right for once 9-10m peak is not going to happen
Old 25-05-2013, 01:29
Rowan Hedge
Inactive Member

Will we see some of the lowest ratings of the year thanks to the weather? Been fantastic here in Edinburgh.
Old 25-05-2013, 02:12
dave01
Forum Member

Will we see some of the lowest ratings of the year thanks to the weather? Been fantastic here in Edinburgh.
The weather seemed to swap halves from north to south today. Was 8 Celcius, cold and rainy down here in Oxford, and most of the midlands/south-east too. Regardless of the weather though, we ought to be bracing for some low ratings due to the Friday night before a bank holiday weekend effect.
Old 25-05-2013, 06:25
Markynotts
Forum Member

The weather seemed to swap halves from north to south today. Was 8 Celcius, cold and rainy down here in Oxford, and most of the midlands/south-east too. Regardless of the weather though, we ought to be bracing for some low ratings due to the Friday night before a bank holiday weekend effect.
I think Eastenders could slip to 5.7 million for it's Friday outing, sparking calls for it to be axed etc

Well someone had to say it
Old 25-05-2013, 06:47
ftv
Forum Member

Some fairly significant news from the US - Mike Darnell is leaving FOX after 18 years. Officially it's his decision.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-as-fox-558372

Now hopefully if Deborah Turness can get a job at NBC when he best contribution to ITV News was maternity leave then Jay Hunt can bugger off to FOX!

Meanwhile there are reports next years Idol judges will all be ex-contestants with Jennifer Hudson confirmed, Kelly Clarkson close to signing and Adam Lambert and Clay Aiken fighting for the third spot. That all has a hint of "final season" to it for me.
NBC have confirmed Turness has got the job.
Old 25-05-2013, 09:04
Andy23
Forum Member

Not great for Waterloo Road to be below 3m for the second week running, it's quite a sudden drop.

It should do better next week though, up against the football, it may mop up the non-football audience.
Old 25-05-2013, 09:35
Hassaan13
Inactive Member

It was warmer the previous bank holiday weekend so I don't think the ratings would drop any lower than then.
Hassaan13 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 25-05-2013, 09:37
Hassaan13
Inactive Member

Is it always common for ratings to come in late on a Saturday morning?
Hassaan13 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 25-05-2013, 09:38
Zac Quinn
Forum Member

FA Cup final managed 9m peak.
Yes dear but that was a match involving two fairly popular English teams, climaxing in one of the biggest upsets in the history of the competition. This is a match featuring two German teams - in terms of British audiences, one with a niche following and one with no following whatsoever. Tonight could be a repeat of last week's Albion v United game and even then the majority of football fans probably wouldn't bother tuning in for the final whistle, never mind casual folk.

Its so likely that nobody outside of die-hard football fans will watch tonight's match that I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Sky's coverage outrage ITV's.
Zac Quinn is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 25-05-2013, 10:04
ftv
Forum Member

Desperate attempts to drum up interest in the game on TOS last night, Michael Ball much better than Chris Evans. But why did they say the programme was devoted to Germans and Germany when half the items had nothing to do with Germany
Old 25-05-2013, 10:23
tobi
Forum Member

It was an awful show. Chris Evans would have been more fun hosting it.
Old 25-05-2013, 10:24
davey_wavey
Forum Member

Not great for Waterloo Road to be below 3m for the second week running, it's quite a sudden drop.

It should do better next week though, up against the football, it may mop up the non-football audience.
I think Waterloo Road is done for. I can't see the show receiving any kind of significant boost in ratings - the people that want to watch the show are watching it already. I think a lot of viewers would rather change channel or turn the TV off.
davey_wavey is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 25-05-2013, 10:24
Ads
Forum Member

Yes dear but that was a match involving two fairly popular English teams, climaxing in one of the biggest upsets in the history of the competition. This is a match featuring two German teams - in terms of British audiences, one with a niche following and one with no following whatsoever. Tonight could be a repeat of last week's Albion v United game and even then the majority of football fans probably wouldn't bother tuning in for the final whistle, never mind casual folk.

Its so likely that nobody outside of die-hard football fans will watch tonight's match that I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Sky's coverage outrage ITV's.
Two fairly ppular English teams? Wigan are one of the worst supported clubs in Premier League history.

I imagine ITV will rate around 3.5-5 million viewers for the match, but with pretty healthy demographics. UK audiences seem a lot keener to watch all foreign games than they were a few years back.
Old 25-05-2013, 10:28
cylon6
Forum Member

Damn right! Have we really been doing this for six years? Wow!

Closed Thread