Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Xbox One Release date is it november

Old 25-05-2013, 23:06
help101
Forum Member

Is it just me or is the date for it to come out the 5th November in the u.k as a add on Sky at half time in the Champions League for Call of Duty: Ghosts in its xbox one box and with a pics of the Xbox One in the add with a release date out on the 5/11/13. in the u.k.
help101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 26-05-2013, 00:11
jasonT1981
Forum Member

I think the release of Ghosts on 5/11 will be on current gen consoles with COD being avaliable on both next gen consoles at launch.
jasonT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 14:40
mparter
Forum Member

The XBox 360 was released in November, I think this will also. Gives kids enough time to start harassing their kids about wanting an XBox One for Christmas and gives Microsoft time to get stock to stores.
mparter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 17:34
jjesso123
Forum Member

I think It would work in MS's favor releasing the console with biggest selling franchise. So yeah I call the 5th for the US, a Tuesday just like with the 360.
jjesso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2013, 20:17
smcbeath
Forum Member

I have just taken the plunge and pre ordered at amazon, 602.02 for guaranteed launch day delivery

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Xb...4TY8A991Y27GWV

I get the feeling that I will be switching my pre orders about at least 5 times as I hunt for the best deal.

Does anyone think that ms will price digital downloads cheaper than retail on the new console?
smcbeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2013, 22:35
SegaGamer
Forum Member

I have just taken the plunge and pre ordered at amazon, 602.02 for guaranteed launch day delivery

I get the feeling that I will be switching my pre orders about at least 5 times as I hunt for the best deal.

Does anyone think that ms will price digital downloads cheaper than retail on the new console?
If it's anywhere near that price i won't even bother. No way am i paying over 400 for a games console.
SegaGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 00:01
Stiggles
Forum Member

They can go **** themselves if it's even close to that price!!!!
Stiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 08:47
sdkmway
Forum Member

Have you had to pay a deposit with Amazon? I think (I HOPE) its a pretty safe bet it will not sell for that but good to get a pre-order in.
sdkmway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 09:15
smcbeath
Forum Member

You pay just before release, no deposit. Amazon and zavvi don't have a clue what the reail price will be, but will price promise where you will pay the lowest price at launch. I think amazon will price match any online retailer? so a safe bet to start with. I will probably change if a good bundle comes out for console and games. I can always cancel at anytime.
Old 29-05-2013, 09:42
sdkmway
Forum Member

You pay just before release, no deposit. Amazon and zavvi don't have a clue what the reail price will be, but will price promise where you will pay the lowest price at launch. I think amazon will price match any online retailer? so a safe bet to start with. I will probably change if a good bundle comes out for console and games. I can always cancel at anytime.
Thanks I'll place an pre-order. I'm actually looking forward to the multimedia stuff on this providing they can pull it off and I'm hoping it will stream properly as well from home networks etc.
Old 30-05-2013, 11:04
smcbeath
Forum Member

Thanks I'll place an pre-order. I'm actually looking forward to the multimedia stuff on this providing they can pull it off and I'm hoping it will stream properly as well from home networks etc.
Same here, it's a games console first but I love all the extra stuff it will do as well. Hopefully at E3 they will show off tablet/laptop integration, hopefully with forza and your tablet can be your rear view mirror. It could be quite interesting for a watch dogs type game as well. Inventory, map, code breaking etc

Come E3 I am probably more interested in the extras than the new games, which I take for granted these days
Old 30-05-2013, 13:55
Flawed-Tactics
Forum Member

When will we find out the actual price do you think, at E3 or later in the year?

I don't want to pre-order until I know what the deal is, I know pre-orders can be cancelled and swapped about, but knowing me I'll forget or get mixed up and end up with 2 One's or worst still, no console!
Flawed-Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2013, 18:46
sdkmway
Forum Member

Had to laugh... got an email from Amazon today about the pre-order with the following...

"Microsoft Xbox One Console (Xbox One)"
Estimated arrival date: January 02 2014 - January 04 2014

Hmmmm. Its a good job these can be taken with a pinch of salt until anything is officially confirmed about availability.
Old 30-05-2013, 19:03
smcbeath
Forum Member

Wow they must already have a backlog for pre orders, my email states -

"Microsoft Xbox One Console (Xbox One)"
Estimated arrival date: December 31 2013 - December 31 2013

Did you pay for first class delivery? a couple of quid, to guarantee delivery on launch day. I don't mind paying the extra on p+p, on a 350-375 purchase
Old 30-05-2013, 20:25
sdkmway
Forum Member

No I didn't, would explain the few days difference though.
Old 30-05-2013, 23:57
alfster
Forum Member

If it's anywhere near that price i won't even bother. No way am i paying over 400 for a games console.
I'm sure they could get the price down a bit if they had a non-Kinetic bundle on offer... ... ...400 is still pricey.
alfster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2013, 10:40
SaddlerSteve
Forum Member

Pre-order on Play is 399.98 and they're saying you'll get money back if the console ends up costing less.

Why the hell would Amazon be charging over 600?
SaddlerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2013, 10:53
mattlewis86
Forum Member

Pre-order on Play is 399.98 and they're saying you'll get money back if the console ends up costing less.

Seems an awful lot of money, I'm sure I read it would end up costing around 300.

Amazon has games for the console at 90 a game!! 90 a game, that surely can't be right?
mattlewis86 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2013, 13:55
Matt D
Forum Member

Seems an awful lot of money, I'm sure I read it would end up costing around 300.

Amazon has games for the console at 90 a game!! 90 a game, that surely can't be right?

Amazon isn't charging 600 for the console or 90 for the games.

The Xbox One price listed on the Amazon link posted earlier is a placeholder price, as are the prices listed on Amazon's entries for Xbox One games.

Amazon operates a pre-order price guarantee. If an item is released at a higher price than what you pre-ordered for, you pay the original (lower) price. If an item is released at a lower price than what your pre-ordered for, you pay the new (lower) price. Because of this, Amazon (& some other retailers that operate this kind of guarantee) always price this sort of thing over the top, to ensure that they do not lose any money. e.g. if Amazon priced it at 299 for pre-orders and it was released at 399, they would have to honour the 299 price for all pre-orders and would lose money...

Originally Posted by Amazon's listing for the Xbox One and for Xbox One games
Important Information:

Please note that Microsoft has yet to announce cost prices for Xbox One products. The price stated above is therefore liable to change prior to the release date. With our Pre-order Price Guarantee, you can order now and if the Amazon.co.uk price decreases between the time you place your order and the release date, you'll be charged the lowest price. For more on Xbox One, click here.
Matt D is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2013, 14:12
SaddlerSteve
Forum Member

Amazon isn't charging 600 for the console or 90 for the games.

The Xbox One price listed on the Amazon link posted earlier is a placeholder price, as are the prices listed on Amazon's entries for Xbox One games.

Amazon operates a pre-order price guarantee. If an item is released at a higher price than what you pre-ordered for, you pay the original (lower) price. If an item is released at a lower price than what your pre-ordered for, you pay the new (lower) price. Because of this, Amazon (& some other retailers that operate this kind of guarantee) always price this sort of thing over the top, to ensure that they do not lose any money. e.g. if Amazon priced it at 299 for pre-orders and it was released at 399, they would have to honour the 299 price for all pre-orders and would lose money...
I'm aware of the placeholder system however i was saying that i thought Amazon having this set at 599, when Play had set theirs at 399, seemed uneccessary.
SaddlerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2013, 21:06
Matt D
Forum Member

I guess they're just playing it safe...
Old 01-06-2013, 09:53
Jedi Monsoon
Forum Member

Does anyone know if you will be able to use the HD DVD player on the Xbox One? I'm guessing the answer is no but I've never seen it mentioned anywhere.

Thank you,
Jedi Monsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:33
ixHellstormx
Forum Member

Nah I can't see digital downloads being cheaper than retail. I asked Y Digi downloads were so expensive for the 360 and was told it's because if they were priced cheaper than retail, the shops would refuse to stock the retail games and that's the last thing game companies want. So hence the higher prices.

Saying that though. Digi download is the future imho. If MS and the games companies wanted to end the preowned market, that's how to do it but since the companies are set to make $ from preowned sales, somehow I don't think that'll happen for a while yet.
ixHellstormx is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:06
ixHellstormx
Forum Member

For those that are getting an xbox one. Will we 360 owners still be able to game with xbox one owners online. For COD Ghosts and the like or games that have a co-op option ?.
ixHellstormx is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 17:56
Matt D
Forum Member

Does anyone know if you will be able to use the HD DVD player on the Xbox One? I'm guessing the answer is no but I've never seen it mentioned anywhere.

Thank you,
Other 360 accessories won't work on the Xbox One, so I very much doubt that a discontinued accessory for a long-dead format would work.

For those that are getting an xbox one. Will we 360 owners still be able to game with xbox one owners online. For COD Ghosts and the like or games that have a co-op option ?.
Don't know, but MS has said that the new Xbox Live will be one unified service, so I would hope that people playing e.g. Ghosts on 360 and the One could play together.