Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

The neverending story

Old 26-05-2013, 13:48
adamlee19
Forum Member

I really do like this film i find it very under rated dont think its been given the treatment it desirves. 1 thing i want to ask though when i first watched the film when the horse sunk which did make me really upset.

Im pretty sure it was a much longer part than the one i see now when i first saw it. Its almost 5 minutes long i might be wrong of course cause after the scene finishes it goes to bastian face down on the book. Could anyone confirm this please.
adamlee19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 26-05-2013, 13:57
-GONZO-
Forum Member

Even though the other 2 are not as great I imported the DVD trilogy boxset from Australia as that seemed to be the only place that it was released.
-GONZO- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 23:42
boddism
Forum Member

Aren't they remaking it??
boddism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 23:50
intoxication
Forum Member

I really do like this film i find it very under rated dont think its been given the treatment it desirves. 1 thing i want to ask though when i first watched the film when the horse sunk which did make me really upset.

Im pretty sure it was a much longer part than the one i see now when i first saw it. Its almost 5 minutes long i might be wrong of course cause after the scene finishes it goes to bastian face down on the book. Could anyone confirm this please.
It's been a long time since I saw this film but I remember the scene being about 2-3 minutes long. And I remember the horse sinking deeper in the mud and then he says "I won't give up, Artax, No!" And then the scene fading to black and when it comes back on it's Atreyu sitting in the mud depressed, starts to walk through it, sinks deeper and then gets saved by Falcor just as the werewolf is about to attack him.
intoxication is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 01:34
Peter Venkman
Forum Member

It's been a long time since I saw this film but I remember the scene being about 2-3 minutes long. And I remember the horse sinking deeper in the mud and then he says "I won't give up, Artax, No!" And then the scene fading to black and when it comes back on it's Atreyu sitting in the mud depressed, starts to walk through it, sinks deeper and then gets saved by Falcor just as the werewolf is about to attack him.
Ditto.
Peter Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 15:45
killthedirector
Forum Member

never read the book but loved the original 3 movies. didn't like the remakes though.
killthedirector is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 23:29
David_Hill
Forum Member

never read the book but loved the original 3 movies. didn't like the remakes though.
What remakes?
David_Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2013, 08:19
uggla
Forum Member

First film we watched on our own VHS Recorder.
uggla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2013, 10:01
-GONZO-
Forum Member

Possibly this?
Tales from the Neverending Story
http://amazon.co.uk/dp/B000NA7EWY
-GONZO- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:40
Fear of Fours
Inactive Member

I watched this for the first time in years not long ago. It's a shame Barret Oliver left the industry in the late 1980s, he was a great actor in the films I've seen him in, especially D.A.R.Y.L. and Frankenweenie.
Fear of Fours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:45
bitchboyblue
Forum Member

I was sure i read they were remaking the first one, as someone above suggests???
bitchboyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 19:37
Old.Tallen
Forum Member

I always remember loving this film when I was young, but now when I watch it I'm amazed because the plot is completely nonsensical and the acting is really really bad.
Old.Tallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 22:24
zummigummi
Inactive Member

Still my fave movie soundtrack of all time.

Its phenomenal especially the tracks "Atreyo's Quest" & "Fantasia"

Hauntingly beautiful. Infact the music MAKES the film for me.
zummigummi is offline   Reply With Quote