Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

CS Are Gary and Izzy fit to be parents?

Old 03-06-2013, 00:46
Scorpio2
Forum Member

I have to say that Izzy and Gary aren't fit to be parents. Izzy is selfish and used the baby as a weapon against Gary where Gary blew everyone in the air when he kissed Tina. She should keep the baby because no child deserves Izzy and Gary as parents.
Scorpio2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 03-06-2013, 00:54
TLC1098
Forum Member

After this SL Izzy has proven that she has no right to that child. Gary and Tina could take the baby and run.
TLC1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 00:56
Harlowe
Forum Member

Nope not fit at all, Izzy's behavior is childish and self absorbed and Gary is arrogant and selfish they both clearly only care about themselves and scoring points against each other, the child is doomed.
Harlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:16
Cuddly_Cat
Forum Member

Basically, no they shouldn't be parents. Izzy is using the baby as a weapon against Gary which is low. Both of them were arguing loudly across the incubator as if the baby wasn't there. Tina is the only one putting the baby first.
Cuddly_Cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:19
Lewi26
Forum Member

They've argued.

Once.

Of course there fit to be parents! What couple doesn't argue? Where are you people from!
Lewi26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:41
pheobe
Forum Member

They've argued.

Once.

Of course there fit to be parents! What couple doesn't argue? Where are you people from!
Well said , people in glass houses and all that

Imagine going through life in pleasant ville .
pheobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:53
petals
Forum Member

If Izzy had given birth to that baby naturally, no one would have asked if they were fit to be parents. I don't think they are particularly well suited to being parents but there are many parents out there who are much worse. The child will be loved and looked after. Tina and Tommy have done things which make them unfit parents too - drug smuggling for example. Why is no-one mentioning this? Morally if Tina takes that child it will be much worse than any of the things it's real parents have done....

I am no fan of Izzy and Gary, but their pain if she took that child would be a far greater punishment than they deserve,
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:03
Maria_Robinson
Forum Member

I think their fighting and shouting in the middle of a special baby care unit just showed how selfish immature and ignorant these pair are but then this surrogacy was always madness. Owen has a lot to answer for as he pushed and paid for it.
Maria_Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:29
Gusto Brunt
Forum Member

Was one of Izzy's eggs used in the insemination?

If not, she has NO right to the kid. But Gary may have some rights, and the CSA will be chasing HIM for maintenance, even if Tina does run off.

If Izzy had given birth to that baby naturally, no one would have asked if they were fit to be parents...
You say that but I think there have been a couple of cases in which children have been removed from a disabled parent.

OF COURSE, it's wrong.
Gusto Brunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:45
peaches41
Forum Member

Who is to decide whether or not they are fit parents? They haven't had the chance to prove or disprove that they are yet!

Edit: That last sentence looks wrong, grammar-wise, sorry!
peaches41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:19
CherryRose
Forum Member

I have to say that Izzy and Gary aren't fit to be parents. Izzy is selfish and used the baby as a weapon against Gary where Gary blew everyone in the air when he kissed Tina. She should keep the baby because no child deserves Izzy and Gary as parents.
Regardless of their personalities of Gary and Izzy they are baby Jakes biological parents, Gary and Izzy love baby Jake just as any parent does, there feelings toward each other are irrelevant.

Baby Jake has a right to be raised by his biological parents.

As for Tina, she is hardly parent material after all the shite she's brought into her life over the years.
CherryRose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:57
Kasper69
Forum Member

Regardless of their personalities of Gary and Izzy they are baby Jakes biological parents, Gary and Izzy love baby Jake just as any parent does, there feelings toward each other are irrelevant.

Baby Jake has a right to be raised by his biological parents.

As for Tina, she is hardly parent material after all the shite she's brought into her life over the years.
However she is the only one acting in the childs best interests at the moment which is what matters at this time.
Kasper69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:59
Orangemaid
Forum Member

they both have their fair share of problems really, and i agree with your first sentence
Orangemaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:15
Harlowe
Forum Member

From the beginning of this ridiculous storyline I never got this pairing, his annoying and she a moaner who decided to have a baby when first they previously never showed any interest or desire too, only been together on/off not for long and still was getting over the shock of a miscarriage, just none of it made sense.
Harlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:20
Orangemaid
Forum Member

From the beginning of this ridiculous storyline I never got this pairing, his annoying and she a moaner who decided to have a baby when first they previously never showed any interest or desire too, only been together on/off not for long and still was getting over the shock of a miscarriage, just none of it made sense.
it be more easier if they got a puppy dog lol
Old 03-06-2013, 10:51
nickymonger
Forum Member

Be interesting how they'll do this if Gary is named on the certificate and izzy/Gary get back together. Tina would have a hard job preventing Gary any access, so jake/joe would spend time at mummy Tina's and mummy izzys. Talk about confusing for the kid as he gets older I'm the mummy who gave birth to you and I'm your biological mummy.
nickymonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:02
Dan-Bevis
Forum Member

Basically, no they shouldn't be parents. Izzy is using the baby as a weapon against Gary which is low. Both of them were arguing loudly across the incubator as if the baby wasn't there. Tina is the only one putting the baby first.
Yeah, they really needed afew years to mature together [and as individuals] before even considering having a child.

And this came way too soon after the miscarriage to come across as anything but a stop-gap for actually dealing with that to me. Did anyone point this out to them when they first sprung the idea? Cos in real life someone would...
Dan-Bevis is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:17
fayemian
Forum Member

Be interesting how they'll do this if Gary is named on the certificate and izzy/Gary get back together. Tina would have a hard job preventing Gary any access, so jake/joe would spend time at mummy Tina's and mummy izzys. Talk about confusing for the kid as he gets older I'm the mummy who gave birth to you and I'm your biological mummy.
I'm guessing though that Gareh could only be named on the birth certificate if he attended the registry office with Tina and she allowed him to be on it? He wouldn't be on it automatically like any other man who isn't married to the baby's mother.
fayemian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:25
nickymonger
Forum Member

That is why I said if...Tina has to name him. He'd have no rights otherwise and a costly court case to prove he is the father. Who would she put otherwise...father unknown or lie and say tommy?
nickymonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:24
Menk
Forum Member

They've argued.

Once.

Exactly. No-one has perfect parents but in any case, Gary's 'offence' was minor and Izzy's reaction is understandable.

Can't believe anyone agrees with the OP tbh.
Menk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:57
Kasper69
Forum Member

Exactly. No-one has perfect parents but in any case, Gary's 'offence' was minor and Izzy's reaction is understandable.

Can't believe anyone agrees with the OP tbh.
I honestly cant believe anyone would think that Izzys reaction is understandable. She has put Tina in a awkward position over what was a "minor" offence.
Kasper69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:57
Orangemaid
Forum Member

he nearly kissed her, and she made a big oohh haa about it and pushed him away
Old 03-06-2013, 13:15
Tt88
Forum Member

Its frustrating because all the way through gary has been the most enthusiastic about the baby. Izzy had to be talked into it and never really seemed like she wanted a baby. Now theyve split shes determined to stop gary ever seeing the baby. Shes not bothered about looking after it just as long as gary has nothing to do with it.
Tt88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 13:24
Purple.
Forum Member

Tina and Tommy aren't either though.
Purple. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 14:07
gamekeepersgal
Forum Member

More fit than Tommy and Tina.
gamekeepersgal is offline   Reply With Quote