Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

BB US live feed..

Old 07-06-2013, 16:58
Shadowlands
Forum Member

Well, I can confirm, if anyone's interested, that if you've got a VPN (Unblock US etc), then can find an address in the US to use (I'd recommend an OR address as they don't charge sales tax, I'd also recommend doing a property search in OR to find a suitable empty address), then you CAN use an English CC to pre-book access to the live feeds. I just paid $23.99 for access to all the live streaming.

Good luck if you decide to give it a shot.
Shadowlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 07-06-2013, 20:12
InMyArms
Forum Member

Thanks for this, useful info

Do you have information on how easy it is to cancel? I don't want to be trapped in a contract that I can't cancel due to the lack of a US phone number!

Edit: What's an OR address?
InMyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 20:36
Shadowlands
Forum Member

Thanks for this, useful info

Do you have information on how easy it is to cancel? I don't want to be trapped in a contract that I can't cancel due to the lack of a US phone number!

Edit: What's an OR address?
Oops, sorry, I should have made myself a little clearer, OR is the abbreviation for the state of Oregon, I just did a Google search for "Oregon property for sale" and picked an address from there. They don't ask for a phone number, and the $23.99 is the price for a season pass lasting the entire run of the show, so you shouldn't be re-billed, don't know about cancelling though, sorry.
Shadowlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 23:43
futumtch
Forum Member

"CBS claims to honor refund requests only up to 10 days after subscribing for season passes."
futumtch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 00:07
Sex
Forum Member

Does anyone know when it starts
Sex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 00:56
Sad_BB_Addict
Forum Member

Does anyone know when it starts
Wed 26 June.
Sad_BB_Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:22
Sex
Forum Member

oh thank you so much
Old 11-06-2013, 11:28
moonburn
Forum Member

So would software like hotspot shield work ?
moonburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 15:35
Sex
Forum Member

So would software like hotspot shield work ?
i'd like to know too
Old 11-06-2013, 16:43
Sad_BB_Addict
Forum Member

Live feed system requirements
https://cbsi.secure.force.com/CBSi/a...ata=&cfs=SFS_3
Old 19-06-2013, 14:43
Mirage
Forum Member

I still haven't subscribed yet. I am still confused about paying with my credit card and putting in my normal paying details, but changing my post code to a zip code and having Oregon instead of my my county. I'm convinced my credit card would kick it out, as it's incorrect details. Has anyone had any problem at all from their credit card about this?
Mirage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 04:39
Sad_BB_Addict
Forum Member

I still haven't subscribed yet. I am still confused about paying with my credit card and putting in my normal paying details, but changing my post code to a zip code and having Oregon instead of my my county. I'm convinced my credit card would kick it out, as it's incorrect details. Has anyone had any problem at all from their credit card about this?
It took my debit card OK. Seems the CC companies check name, card number, expiry date and 3-digit security number only. I think the big issue will be if one of the free geo-blocking methods (Hotspot Shield, Hola, Hide My Ass etc) will work, or if a paid VPN will be required.
Old 20-06-2013, 06:17
steve2013
Forum Member

Im just going play to the wait and see game and see what going to need once feeds go Live
steve2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 10:19
Mirage
Forum Member

It took my debit card OK. Seems the CC companies check name, card number, expiry date and 3-digit security number only. I think the big issue will be if one of the free geo-blocking methods (Hotspot Shield, Hola, Hide My Ass etc) will work, or if a paid VPN will be required.
Thanks for explaining it to me. I think I might wait until the feed goes live and see what happens. I doubt missing a day or two will hurt my viewing too much.
Mirage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 15:09
Graceland
Forum Member

Thanks for explaining it to me. I think I might wait until the feed goes live and see what happens. I doubt missing a day or two will hurt my viewing too much.
I am waiting as well,
Graceland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 15:27
steve2013
Forum Member

Thats what im doing just waiting and seeing what need once they go live & also if do miss anything important over first few days because of waiting there is always flashback
Old 21-06-2013, 00:22
Sad_BB_Addict
Forum Member

Another "accessing LF outside the USA" blog
http://www.bigbrotherarchive.com/wp/...an-watch-also/
Old 23-06-2013, 01:08
butterflies84
Forum Member

Newbie question!

Never had issues in the past (as it was Superpass subscription which I already had) but do I need to be connected via the the VPN when signing up?

Reason I ask is that I'm a little wary about typing in my card details through the VPN as it might be logged?

Thanks! Really excited about this season and the big twist
butterflies84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2013, 09:50
Shine_On
Forum Member

Newbie question!

Never had issues in the past (as it was Superpass subscription which I already had) but do I need to be connected via the the VPN when signing up?

Reason I ask is that I'm a little wary about typing in my card details through the VPN as it might be logged?

Thanks! Really excited about this season and the big twist
I didn't buy the early whatever through a VPN. So they would have seen I was purchasing from the UK and they didn't stop my transaction. Still not getting geo-blocked at the moment but the feed hasn't started yet there's only a few highlight videos on there.
Shine_On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2013, 11:16
Linus2
Forum Member

Is there a free VPN that works from Europe?
Linus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2013, 23:22
butterflies84
Forum Member

I didn't buy the early whatever through a VPN. So they would have seen I was purchasing from the UK and they didn't stop my transaction. Still not getting geo-blocked at the moment but the feed hasn't started yet there's only a few highlight videos on there.
Thanks

About to sign up before the early bird offer ends!
butterflies84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 00:31
Timothy Bryce
Forum Member

Thanks

About to sign up before the early bird offer ends!
When does it end?
Timothy Bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 00:35
steve2013
Forum Member

Hopefully someone outside of US will find a way if does get Geo-Blocked etc once feeds go live.

Not really much difference in prices so just going to wait and see what people outside US that have signed up say we need etc
Old 25-06-2013, 18:09
Shine_On
Forum Member

I don't want to get anyones hopes up but I think Hola unblocker (I'm using it on Chrome) will get around the geo restrictions on the main CBS site.

The normal BBUS interview videos on the CBS site aren't geo-blocked. But, I only learned this because my firefox doesn't have hola unblocker, if you go to the main home page and click on the season preview and the time lapse videos you get geo blocked (well I do in the UK anyway). But on Chrome, with hola, I don't get restricted and can watch without hinderence.
Shine_On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 19:42
Sad_BB_Addict
Forum Member

From the very wonderful Blistering over at Survivor Sucks

"What kind of video stream is it? Also, does there need to be an authentication process to access the stream? I could possibly whip of a mac native client if it's not exorbitantly time consuming.
The current stuff up there is all streamed via RTMP. There doesn't appear to be any access control on the streams currently. The page that hosts them requires a login to CBS.com and a feed subscription, but you can still pull the streams without accessing that page or authenticating. I'm pretty sure the feed streams will have a different setup. We'll just have to see what we have to work with once the feeds go live tomorrow. I'll let you know what I find after investigating the live feeds and if I get it working, how I did it. Hopefully it won't be too complicated and you'll be able to implement something for a Mac. That would be one less to do thing to worry about."