Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Derek Acorah cancels appearance due to "unforseen circumstances!"

Old 09-06-2013, 20:24
be more pacific
Forum Member

This video features an awesome breakdown of a reading which a satisfied customer remembered as being very accurate with the medium (Maureen Flynn) only mentioning about "half a dozen" similar-sounding names. In actual fact, she tried her luck with thirty-seven different names.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSSPto8rvvs
be more pacific is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 09-06-2013, 20:44
zx50
Forum Member

This video features an awesome breakdown of a reading which a satisfied customer remembered as being very accurate with the medium (Maureen Flynn) only mentioning about "half a dozen" similar-sounding names. In actual fact, she tried her luck with thirty-seven different names.

Without even watching the whole video, a true psychic should never need to ask anything. As soon as any TV psychic starts asking questions, this is a dead giveaway that they're fake.
zx50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 21:06
be more pacific
Forum Member

Without even watching the whole video, a true psychic should never need to ask anything. As soon as any TV psychic starts asking questions, this is a dead giveaway that they're fake.
I would love to see a true psychic who can perform an accurate reading without having to fish for clues. So would the scientific community.
Old 09-06-2013, 22:53
riverside 57
Forum Member

Thank you Sam...................
riverside 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 23:04
Mercury88
Forum Member

haha I think 'unforseen circumstances' is a very poor choice of words considering his 'profession'
Mercury88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 23:12
Rocket Queen
Forum Member

Did he give up smoking and stay off it?(channel 5 show, nearly 2 yrs ago?)
Rocket Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 23:34
Rose*~*
Forum Member

Great video. If you try 37 rather common names, it's easy to get a few 'hits'. And throw in an oxygen mask, or heart/lung problems, maybe cancer, and you've got instant success.

I'd love for them to do this with an actor, I'm sure he or she could get the same amount of 'hits'.
Rose*~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:29
dixiewhiskey
Forum Member

Mary loves Dick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uD0dPhr9cQ

All his possessors were always scouse
Made me laugh.
dixiewhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:13
lozenger
Forum Member

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/20...ndi-paranormal

Interesting article about psychics attempting Randi's challenge
lozenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:37
zx50
Forum Member

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/20...ndi-paranormal

Interesting article about psychics attempting Randi's challenge
I'm not reading all that, but I'm guessing that everyone that's claimed they're psychic has failed the challenge. I don't think he'll ever have anyone coming to see him that passes his challenge. I challenge you, 'psychic' Sally, to take up his challenge. She wouldn't though, she'd just make up some pathetic excuse as to why she wouldn't do it.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:44
be more pacific
Forum Member

I'm not reading all that, but I'm guessing that everyone that's claimed they're psychic has failed the challenge. I don't think he'll ever have anyone coming to see him that passes his challenge. I challenge you, 'psychic' Sally, to take up his challenge. She wouldn't though, she'd just make up some pathetic excuse as to why she wouldn't do it.
That's because psychic powers are reliable enough to be performed on demand for undiscerning theatregoers, but unreliable when tested formally. You see, sceptics give off something called "negative energy" which conveniently makes psychic powers disappear.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:46
shelleyj89
Forum Member

Thank you Sam...................
I actually snorted with laughter
shelleyj89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:36
bathlamp
Forum Member

How could Most Haunted set Derek up? Are you saying there really was a ghost whose name was an anagram of Derek Faker and they made-up the story of the planted name?
The Most Haunted crew basically fed Derek some false info about a made-up ghost and then Derek got posessed by the ghost. It was a good way to set up someone you want to get rid of from your show..
bathlamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:45
be more pacific
Forum Member

The Most Haunted crew basically fed Derek some false info about a made-up ghost and then Derek got posessed by the ghost. It was a good way to set up someone you want to get rid of from your show..
I know that because I brought up the subject. I was responding to the claim by Bolls that "there may have been some interested parties who had a good reason to discredit Derek as he left one programme to embark on another."

I was just pointing out that Derek discredited himself by taking the bait. It seems bizarre to me that someone like Bolls would blame "interested parties" at Most Haunted, rather than Derek Acorah himself.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:51
gilliedew
Inactive Member

I actually snorted with laughter
We always laugh about Sam, as in my early days of watching Most Haunted, I didnt have a clue who Derek Acorah was supposedly talking to, I asked, "Who the hell is Sam" to much amusement from my daughter and she has cheeked me with it from then.

Glad I made you have a chuckle
gilliedew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:53
bathlamp
Forum Member

I know that because I brought up the subject. I was responding to the claim by Bolls that "there may have been some interested parties who had a good reason to discredit Derek as he left one programme to embark on another."

I was just pointing out that Derek discredited himself by taking the bait. It seems bizarre to me that someone like Bolls would blame "interested parties" at Most Haunted, rather than Derek Acorah himself.
Well the Most Haunted crew did plant the bait in the first place, so it's a bit of both. I think it was a case of Derek trusting the MH crew more than they trusted him.
bathlamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:57
wilehelmas
Forum Member

There was never a ghost of a chance of him showing up.
wilehelmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 13:09
soundcheck
Forum Member

I think it was a case of Derek trusting the MH crew more than they trusted him.
Of course, this prompts the question: how many fake "ghosts" was he possessed by when they did trust him?
soundcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 14:40
Admiral Star

No, there's no wind here.
You're so funny zx50.
Admiral Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 15:31
zx50
Forum Member

You're so funny zx50.
I aim to please.
Old 10-06-2013, 16:29
cynet
Forum Member

He's a scouser what do you expect?

They would steal the lead of your pencil and Derek is a crowd stealer of peoples minds with regards to talking to the dead sigh!
cynet is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 20:47
gilliedew
Inactive Member

If he is what has been reported, isnt it just dreadful that so many genuine grieving people have been conned. Any fake clairvoyant/medium if they dupe people are the lowest of the low by preying on the vulnerable at their lowest ebb.
gilliedew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 21:54
tiggerpooh
Forum Member

What exactly happen with him and Most Haunted?
The makers of the programme found out that he didn't actually know any of the info he was spouting to the camera. He was found out to be a fake, so he was dismissed from the programme.
tiggerpooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 22:41
Keyser Soze
Forum Member

The makers of the programme found out that he didn't actually know any of the info he was spouting to the camera. He was found out to be a fake, so he was dismissed from the programme.
Did Kreed Kafer tell them to let him go?
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 00:35
lozenger
Forum Member

If he is what has been reported, isnt it just dreadful that so many genuine grieving people have been conned. Any fake clairvoyant/medium if they dupe people are the lowest of the low by preying on the vulnerable at their lowest ebb.
Yes gillidew - I am sure some of them even believe it themselves - but oh dont get me started - e.g. I understand Doris Stokes PR team would scour the local papers when she was on tour for a recent tragedy and would cold call to offer free tickets to the bereaved family.., (allegedly - see Derren Browns book for more detail...) Of course the deceased would come through...
lozenger is offline   Reply With Quote