Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Cars playing music loud

Old 10-06-2013, 00:17
saintsebastien1
Forum Member

What is your opinion on people who drive with their music up full blast in their car?

Personally, I quite like it and I find it a breath of fresh air to hear good songs being played... It makes me feel in a Summery mood
saintsebastien1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 10-06-2013, 00:21
Hav_mor91
Forum Member

What is your opinion on people who drive with their music up full blast in their car?

Personally, I quite like it and I find it a breath of fresh air to hear good songs being played... It makes me feel in a Summery mood
Depending where we're driving the song and general mood loud is always better And for all those about to let me stop you.. It's dangerous distracting should be concentrating on the road etc etc yes we know
Hav_mor91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 00:24
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

It doesn't bother me, especially in the summer. It's not summer without hearing music out of car windows And HM I know it's dangerous, but if you know where you're going you're probably ok
cnbcwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 00:48
Eric_Blob
Forum Member

I like it personally. I love music in general, and it's great to hear what songs other people are listening to. Some of the songs I hear a lot from other people's cars are songs that did badly in the charts, so it goes to show that the charts doesn't always represent what's popular. I live in a big city, so I hear the type of music I like too.
Eric_Blob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 00:55
Chizzleface
Forum Member

I like to drive with loud rock or metal playing, I'm sure it doesn't go down too well with the natives
Chizzleface is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 00:58
saintsebastien1
Forum Member

I love blasting out a lot of 90s Dance music and Trance! Nothing like a bit of Robert Miles - Children or Darude - Sandstorm on full notch to finish off a summer day!
saintsebastien1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:56
CaptainObvious_
Forum Member

I love blasting out a lot of 90s Dance music and Trance! Nothing like a bit of Robert Miles - Children or Darude - Sandstorm on full notch to finish off a summer day!
Beautiful mate, beautiful

Don't forget Sash! - Ecuador though
CaptainObvious_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:34
warszawa
Forum Member

I could happily do without it. More often than not it seems to be that awful heavy bassline club type music, whatever it's called. I wonder why?
warszawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:47
Makson
Forum Member

Hate it and I'd shoot ye all death stares if I was in a car next to ye
Makson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:23
Gill P
Forum Member

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the case. They are usually awful songs - when you can make out what they are supposed to be over the pounding bass!
Gill P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:25
Eric_Blob
Forum Member

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the case. They are usually awful songs - when you can make out what they are supposed to be over the pounding bass!
It'll usually sound different when you're actually inside the car though.

Pretty much every type of song apart from piano ballads will have really loud bass if you turn the settings up.
Eric_Blob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:48
Glawster2002
Forum Member

I could happily do without it. More often than not it seems to be that awful heavy bassline club type music, whatever it's called. I wonder why?
I believe the technical term is....... sh1t

I really don't see why these people see the need to inflict their appalling taste in music on the rest of us.
Glawster2002 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 13:29
CeeO
Forum Member

I feel embarrassed for them sometimes. Depends on what they're playing. Sometimes a good tune it's like 'reespect' !! Others I just think 'shut ya windows you donkey'.

A bit like a mobile version of the old 80s walking down the street with a ghettoblaster scenario (of which I was a prime mover).
CeeO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 20:38
Ulfgeirr
Forum Member

When I'm alone in the car I tend to play music fairly loudly, although I almost always have the windows shut.

I have received some dirty looks due to the bass.
Ulfgeirr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 21:17
Sweet FA
Forum Member

Doesn't bother me at all but I do think you have to be a bit of a knob to do it. I've never seen a woman doing it - says it all really...
Sweet FA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 17:48
AnywhereButHome
Forum Member

A few weeks ago someone was BLASTING the Vengaboys as they parked up in ASDA.

Can't remember what song it was, but... not cool
AnywhereButHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 17:52
Electra
Forum Member

Doesn't bother me at all but I do think you have to be a bit of a knob to do it. I've never seen a woman doing it - says it all really...
I do it

Shoppers in Newcastle were treated to the new Amon Amarth album this afternoon
Electra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 19:58
uggla
Forum Member

I hate it,normally a chav blasting out the same repetitive shite with a monotonous beat.

I don't like it forced upon me, i do have a 7 hour drive to Inverness in the morning and will be blasting some rock while on the Motorway but will turn it down when i go into services or pull over for a drink.
uggla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 20:33
paulbax
Forum Member

Its fine to have music playing you're car but I find it very obnoxious when people have their windows down as far as they can go blasting it everywhere, especially in small towns or villages.
paulbax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 21:06
SuperDude95
Forum Member

I don't mind as long as the music is good most of the time it isn't.
SuperDude95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 21:17
mimicole
Forum Member

I feel embarrassed for them sometimes. Depends on what they're playing. Sometimes a good tune it's like 'reespect' !! Others I just think 'shut ya windows you donkey'.

A bit like a mobile version of the old 80s walking down the street with a ghettoblaster scenario (of which I was a prime mover).
I've never heard anyone say that but I'm in stitches!

It depends what it is, as many people have said. I haven't passed my test yet, but I look forward to playing music in my car. not too loudly though, I know how annoying it can be.
mimicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:30
devo live
Forum Member

Around where I live it definitely seems to be a case of louder the volume, the worse the taste in music. It's like the aural equivalent of seeing someone getting wheel spin at traffic lights, just to go down a short back road.
devo live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 16:24
BRITLAND
Forum Member

My dad blasted out some Timbo/hip hop out of a car by a family leisure centre a few years ago like 2006/7, god so embarrassing
BRITLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 21:50
CeeO
Forum Member

I've even heard (mainly older) people blasting out SPEECH based radio which I do find quite funny...
CeeO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 23:45
Jason100
Forum Member

Round this end of East London it's usually people blasting out funky house or gangsta rap in their cars at full blast.
Jason100 is offline   Reply With Quote