Options

The Digital Spy Apprentice: Series 3!

Comments

• Options
    Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our third candidate of the evening is the first of a few making a comeback this series. He's done well before but this year he wants to do better, it's David (Carlisle156)!

Hi, my name is David, I am 19 years old and i'm from Berkshire.

The definition of an 'Apprentice' is a person who is learns a trade from a skilled person. In the past, I've made mistakes, notably in the series 2 boardroom, but in the past year I have definitely transformed into something a lot more compatible for an apprenticeship. Moving cross-country to University even surprised me with how independent I have become and combining that with the passion and natural flair for business all come together to suggest that I could very well be the perfect Apprentice.

My main goal is redemption. I had an incredibly poor showing in the latter stages of series two. I don't feel like this is an accurate representation of me because as I have proven in the past I am a very efficient worker and somebody who has proven success record in areas such as project management, strong written communication skills (outside of the boardroom) and the ability to coordinate brilliantly both as an individual member of a team, but also as a member of a team. Being a team player is crucial for something like this as it's not just a case of you do well; you win. You have to ensure the entire team is up to a standard strong enough to win.

I know what I've done wrong, I know some people on the panel may not like me as a result of some of the mistakes I have made in the past; but I'm planning on going out of my way to correct those mistakes and redeem myself. There is more to me than just being controversial, outspoken and fierce. I'm not going to be afraid to fight my corner, but I'm not going to be exceedingly, and needlessly, brash for the sake of it. I'm going to give this my all and I hope by the end of my time on this show you will realize just how much I am giving this series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adding another girl into the mix, next up we have the feisty Katie (xKatieLx)!

I think I'd be a good candidate as I'm hardworking, work well in a team, am currently undertaking a marketing degree so have business knowledge. I also have previous experience (as I'm sure you'll know) within these DSA games and will contribute considerably to each and every task. I also think I'll make an interesting and entertaining candidate as I'll say what I think within my team and do everything I can to win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our fifth candidate is another alumni of DSA and someone who was an advisor to our LAS last series, it's our second David (Tyjet)!

I'm the perfect Digital Spy: Apprentice candidate because I'm smart, savvy and observant. I have a proven track record of being good at this game and will not let you down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another candidate taking part this series who has been here before is Justin (jag02010). He's more determined than ever to grab the title this series!

My name is Justin, and I am 19 (turning 20 in July!). I hail from across the Atlantic - that's right, I'm from America. Contrary to popular belief, however, I'm not just another "California Gurl." Rather, I'm passionate, dedicated, and motivated to succeed and excel in this competition. After an embarrassing defeat last time around, I want to come back stronger than ever and show the DS public that I am no laughing matter. As far as my personality is concerned, Wikipedia has a pretty good definition of "Type A" personalities that I think describes me pretty well:

"The theory describes a Type A individual as ambitious, rigidly organized, highly status conscious, can be sensitive, care for other people, are truthful, impatient, always try to help others, take on more than they can handle, want other people to get to the point, proactive, and obsessed with time management. People with Type A personalities are often high-achieving "workaholics" who multi-task, push themselves with deadlines, and hate both delays and ambivalence."

I'm not here to make friends, but I'm certainly not here to make enemies, either. As long as you're as hard working as I am, we'll be fine. But you might not want to get on my bad side - I have a pretty good "way with words," so to speak, that anyone from Team Factor or DSA2 can attest to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A fresh face to the proceedings, Niall (_NiallDEE_) is up next!

I would love to be the next Apprentice as I feel it is a goal that would completely challenge and bring out the best of me. Although I have not competed in a DS Apprentice game before, I am aware how hard it is to win and how much of a range of skills you will need to show, so therefore I think it would be a brilliant achievement to become the next Apprentice. I am proud of my academic achievements thus far, and I feel that the skills I have obtained to pursue these would be easily transferred to this game, and hopefully assure me to be a strong player. My hobbies and interest are mostly focused around Literature, Film and The Media, however I am also an avid fan of The Apprentice, and I feel I can use my in depth knowledge of the show and how it works to my advantage. I think I am a nice person, however I am definitely not passive and will work my hardest in this process and ensure that I make big contributions, whilst playing the game in an honourable and respectable way
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Continuing with the DSA virgins, it's Jack (jackel1234)!

Well my name is Jack and I am 18. I am an extremely creative art person and I think being good in business is the most fascinating kind of art. Making money is art and working is art a good business is the best kind of art. My art skill is something I am confident I can bring into this process and help the products or brands we invent look more realistic within the assigned tasks.
    If there was one frequent word that is used to describe me it is crazy/bonkers and that is mainly because I am so enthusiastic and excited about everything I do. I am sort of like a hyperactive puppy but then when I know I need to focus I become as focused as a lion stalking its prey.
    I have a lot of common sense, which unfortunately isn't that common with a lot of people, so if I see an idea I think is bad I will tell them it is and won't hesitate about it. If someones idea is better than mine I am not gonna deny it and I will say it as I want to do whats best for my team and the people in it.
    That's basically it so I hope to enjoy working with you all.
  • Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit cringe reading my own intro :p Lots of great ones so far though! :D
  • Options
    TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    Bit cringe reading my own intro :p Lots of great ones so far though! :D

I think mine's worse really, I did a "Dizzie and their staging" :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Next up, coming back from last year to have another go, it's Naruto (Narutofan100)!

Hi, my name is Naruto and i am 17 years old. I want to be the next DSA Apprentice as i believe i am reliable, trustworthy and have a mind suited to that of the business world. As i am still a student, i learn new things everyday which hopefully will help in this process. I also believe i am very creative which can help in tasks where innovative thinking is needed. Outside of the business world, i have a passion for reading books and of watching television especially The Apprentice. Finally, i will do my best to win this competition and give my all for this purpose.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another new face now, Jason (KHPlus) is up next and this is what he has to say:

I'm Jason and I'm a 20 year old student studying a business-related course in the midlands.

I would like to be the next Apprentice because it would give me a chance to prove that I have the commercial acumen and raw talent to succeed in the business world.

I believe I do possess some of the skills necessary to become the next Apprentice. I am a good team player, with the ability to motivate others, and I make sure that I get the work done to the best of my ability - I always put in 110%.

Some of my hobbies include playing tennis, volunteering, cooking and just trying out new things, for example, I recently completed a bungee jump.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our eleventh addition to the process is George (george.millman)!

My name is George. I'm a professional actor and also an independent political activist. While I don't want to do business as a job, I think I have a very good business mind. I have watched every episode of The Apprentice, and know pretty much everything there is to know about it. I also came second in Virtual Apprentice earlier this year, and I came very close to winning actually. When deliberating between myself and Nick, Lord Stuart said that as far as our strengths went, I was the best candidate, and that I only didn't win because I also had some weaknesses while Nick was more of an all-rounder - which I think was fair enough.

My biggest weakness in business is numbers. I find figures very difficult. I think that I may have Dyscalculia (which is like Dyslexia but with numbers), but this is not an official diagnosis. When I was doing my GCSEs I was pulled out of maths class as I was unable to keep up with the work, and I had to do one-to-one work with the support staff at my school instead. They were amazing though, and I eventually managed to get a C at GCSE Maths, but it was very difficult to do. My biggest strength is creativity - I'm an actor and dramatist, so I do a lot of work on creating theatre, which involves a lot of creativity. I'm good at thinking outside the box and coming up with good ideas
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our final three candidates don't have intros but I'm sure they're just keeping their cards close to their chests! They are:

Eliza (puppylove)

Lucas

and

JumpTheQueue!

So there you have it. 14 candidates all wanting to becoming our next Apprentice!

And with that, we conclude our candidate reveal. Like I said, it's a very promising series and I'm really looking forward to seeing what you all produce over the course of it!
    On THURSDAY at 7PM we'll be revealing your teams and of course, your first task!

See you all then.
  • Options
    george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Our final three candidates don't have intros but I'm sure they're just keeping their cards close to their chests! They are:

Eliza (puppylove)

Lucas

and

JumpTheQueue!

So there you have it. 14 candidates all wanting to becoming our next Apprentice!

And with that, we conclude our candidate reveal. Like I said, it's a very promising series and I'm really looking forward to seeing what you all produce over the course of it!
    On THURSDAY at 7PM we'll be revealing your teams and of course, your first task!

See you all then.

Nice to meet you all. I think this will be great :)
  • Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ooh excited for first task, good luck everybody, looks like a great line up :D
  • Options
    winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good luck guys :) and sorry I didn't reply to your PM Strictly_Irish, read it and forgot to reply :o
  • Options
    Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very excited for the first task. :) Nice to see some familiar and unfamiliar faces!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good luck everyone, think this is going to be a very interesting series :)

Louise (or Lady Sugar as I suppose we must call you now :D ), do you think it might be a good idea for us all to add each other on MSN now so that when we get a task we don't have to waste any time adding anyone and can just start as soon as possible?
  • Options
    SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good luck everyone, think this is going to be a very interesting series :)

Louise (or Lady Sugar as I suppose we must call you now :D ), do you think it might be a good idea for us all to add each other on MSN now so that when we get a task we don't have to waste any time adding anyone and can just start as soon as possible?

I think this would be a smart move!
  • Options
    AlexosAlexos Posts: 17,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good luck everyone, I shall be an avid viewer :)
  • Options
    Gav 2.0Gav 2.0 Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent lineup, looking forward to seeing how this all unfolds.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a question about MSN - I have Windows Live Messenger (which was formerly known as MSN Messenger) however as it has all changed to Skype now, looks like I have to download Skype and that means Messenger will be uninstalled.

Is there a way to get around that and still keep my current address?
  • Options
    NarutoFan100NarutoFan100 Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone and good luck! Totes excited for this. :D
  • Options
    SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a question about MSN - I have Windows Live Messenger (which was formerly known as MSN Messenger) however as it has all changed to Skype now, looks like I have to download Skype and that means Messenger will be uninstalled.

Is there a way to get around that and still keep my current address?

Just follow this 'MSN Reviver' link and everything should work fine:

http://messengergeek.wordpress.com/2013/04/23/use-messenger-reviver-2-to-bring-back-messenger-and-beat-skype/.
  • Options
    george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Hey everyone and good luck! Totes excited for this. :D

Hey Naruto, just a question: what happened to you on Virtual Apprentice? You were amazing in the first task and we all thought you were the strongest contender to win, then you just went unresponsive. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Satanel wrote: »

Thanks (Zac is it?) :) that all works fine now.

I think I've got some of you added from when I was a retailer for one of the tasks in the last series, but please feel free to PM me and I'll send you my address :)