DS Forums

Tom Clancy's The Division

Old 11-06-2013, 12:13
Dan27
Forum Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_j9uKBmUEk

Looks good! (PS4/Xbone)
Dan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:14
He4rt
Forum Member

One of my most awaited games now, surely a contender for game of the show?
He4rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:15
Dan27
Forum Member

No other game has left a bigger impression this year for me!
Dan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 14:42
Yorkshire.King
Forum Member

It looks cracking at first glimpse...........as long as its not linear, has a fair lenghty campaign, and doesn't have such an annoying control system (like the GR Warfighter games)
Yorkshire.King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 15:40
SilverCrown
Forum Member

The best game that was shown, for me.
SilverCrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:08
Matt D
Forum Member

This looks great

2014, though
Matt D is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 12:07
RobMcB1410
Forum Member

One thing not quite clear about this game (Or I missed it)

Is the online feature. is it just online or can I play this game Solo?

I'm all for playing games online but this is the kinda game I'd like to play without random person spoiling it
RobMcB1410 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 12:46
Danger Close
Forum Member

This one slipped by me until last night. I am getting old I think.

It's an MMO shooter, so you'll need to be online. Think, Defiance but, well, very awesome looking. You can play alone or drop in and out with other people.
Danger Close is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 12:56
whedon247
Forum Member

One thing not quite clear about this game (Or I missed it)

Is the online feature. is it just online or can I play this game Solo?

I'm all for playing games online but this is the kinda game I'd like to play without random person spoiling it
i think you can drop into random games and "help"

but iner troll in me would maybe drop an airstrike on my team lol

how does storymode work though if you cant play on your own? you would always be jumping into random games no?
whedon247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 14:33
RobMcB1410
Forum Member

Hope thats the case. Got no problems with playing online. Just prefer a solo play every now and again.
PS4 purchase it is for me
Old 13-06-2013, 14:35
Jimmy_McNulty
Forum Member

Hopefully that HUD/on screen clutter gets modded or patched on PC, along with all the other ubi games with these damn annoying features.
Jimmy_McNulty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 17:16
blitzben85
Forum Member

This looks sweet. I'll be getting this for sure.
blitzben85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 17:25
General Lunacy
Forum Member

This one looks class.
General Lunacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 19:10
Rendition
Forum Member

Most impressive game at e3, what bothers me about these MMO's and drop in and outs is.. I think developers are giving too much credit to some players, Xbox live and I'm sure psn has its fair share of people who will just as said above want to troll and generally make your experience miserable, they have to place some control in your hands to restrict who can join your game.
Rendition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 19:28
mikey86uk
Forum Member

Im in.

Looks like a gritty version of Ghost Recon.
mikey86uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 19:39
2Dshmuplover
Forum Member

it looked good enough, not really sure what the fuss is all about though. There are some very cool fine details and that next-gen polish that you can certainly notice that but at it's core we are looking at yet another tactical drop-in drop-out squad shooter from Tom Clancy. Wow so exciting. The trailer was also cringe-worthy as hell with all the fake "nicey nicey" voice chat.
2Dshmuplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2013, 07:44
blitzben85
Forum Member

it looked good enough, not really sure what the fuss is all about though. There are some very cool fine details and that next-gen polish that you can certainly notice that but at it's core we are looking at yet another tactical drop-in drop-out squad shooter from Tom Clancy. Wow so exciting. The trailer was also cringe-worthy as hell with all the fake "nicey nicey" voice chat.
I quite liked the "nicey-nicey" voice chat. It made a change from the annoying COD style voice chat.
Old 14-06-2013, 07:50
MsLurker
Forum Member

It looks good but I don't like the idea playing with random people. L4D taught me well that people can be utter a***holes.
MsLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2013, 09:18
Vegeta
Forum Member

One of a few games that really impressed me at E3 in terms of graphics. Probably a more realistic, modern day gears of war type game.
Vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2013, 11:27
Danger Close
Forum Member

It's a trailer and obviously actors. You can't expect the usual banter that goes in in the (un / sur) 'real' world.

It looks good but I don't like the idea playing with random people. L4D taught me well that people can be utter a***holes.
You need a group of people who play the game properly. Most big games have dedicated forums with people looking for like-minded players.
Old 14-06-2013, 12:10
Philip Wales
Forum Member

Watched the game play trailer last night and was very impressed, I'm hoping that it won't always require other people to complete missions etc, and that you can actually get a "fair bit" done without help.

Thats what's great about WOW, you can log in play for a few minutes or hours and not actually need any help, then the guild calls a raid or dungeon run, and and you all group up to "kick ass" and "spank bottom"
Philip Wales is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2013, 12:40
RobMcB1410
Forum Member

Watched the game play trailer last night and was very impressed, I'm hoping that it won't always require other people to complete missions etc, and that you can actually get a "fair bit" done without help.

Thats what's great about WOW, you can log in play for a few minutes or hours and not actually need any help, then the guild calls a raid or dungeon run, and and you all group up to "kick ass" and "spank bottom"
Thats my hope id like to have the freedom to run round alone
Old 14-06-2013, 12:53
Danger Close
Forum Member

Going back to what I said before.
If it's in the same vein as Defiance, you can do missions solo and people turn up, shoot a few bad guys, help out and leave (I'm resisting the urge to write out the lyrics to the Littlest Hobo theme tune at this point). Unless they're doing the same mission all they get is XP.
There are co-op maps for 4-player teams and PvP maps.
Then there's the big events where you team up to take down the big bads. That's usually when the idiots turn up.
Old 14-06-2013, 13:05
blitzben85
Forum Member

Would be nice if you could earn XP to buy/rent AI help rather than just get help from another bunch of "real" players.
Old 14-06-2013, 13:06
Hotbird
Forum Member

That comment largely sums up next generation at E3.

Look at Killzone, woo, at its core a Sci-Fi shooter that look prettier than the last game.
Look at inFamous, woo, at its core a GTA game with powers which look prettier than the last game.
Look at Forza 5, woo, at its core a realistic driving game that look prettier than the last game.
Hotbird is online now   Reply With Quote