Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

EE4G further cities by end of 2013.

Old 12-06-2013, 00:30
The Lord Lucan
Forum Member

The full list of cities/towns that shall have 4G coverage by end of this year just in case you didn't catch it.

Aberdeen, Aldershot, Ashford, Basildon, Basingstoke, Bath, Bournemouth, Bracknell, Brighton, Camberley , Cambridge, Colchester, Crawley, Farnborough, Farnham, Fleet, Guildford, Hitchin, Horsham, Ipswich, Leatherhead, Letchworth, Maidstone, Middlesbrough, Milton Keynes, Northampton, Norwich, Plymouth, Poole, Portsmouth, Redhill, Reigate, Sevenoaks, Stevenage, Swansea, Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells, Warrington, Welwyn Garden City, Woking and York.

This list may be added to depending on how roll out proceeds.
The Lord Lucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 12-06-2013, 00:46
Step666
Forum Member

Pathetic roll out in Scotland yet again.
Dundee is vastly bigger than some of the places listed (more than 15 times the population of Leatherhead, for example) yet it's completely overlooked.

Not that it's any surprise - they're only just rolling it out in Aberdeen, a city with money coming out it's ears.
Step666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 00:50
The Lord Lucan
Forum Member

I agree.. however the 2G refresh & backhaul upgrades have only just started in earnest outside GlasEdin so it will take awhile to sort that out north of there. Aberdeen already has a good few new sites thanks to a few demolished buildings and site relocations (requiring recent new build sites, ready for 4G)

Not that it's any surprise - they're only just rolling it out in Aberdeen, a city with money coming out it's ears.
Appears to have money coming out of it's ears... heavily debt ridden (the city & the residents) and the poverty divide there is horrendous.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:04
davybhoy
Forum Member

Dundee is vastly bigger than some of the places listed (more than 15 times the population of Leatherhead, for example) yet it's completely overlooked.

Quite the same as here. Ok, this isn't the most populated place in the world, but apart from 1 4G mast covering the international airport we have only Belfast listed as 4G and it doesn't even cover all of it!

There is other areas covered too but obviously not well enough to have them listed as covered. I'm sure as soon as EE can warrant listing them they will!
davybhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:19
Stigid
Forum Member

Manchester ?
Stigid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:33
IslandNiles
Forum Member

Manchester already has it. I think it was one of the cities that got 4G at launch.
IslandNiles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:19
enapace
Forum Member

I'm surprised Chester isn't getting it as it's right near an area where there is a lot of 4G coverage and is a pretty big city. Specially as you can according to friends get in Ellesmere port which is less than 10 miles away.

Any Idea why chester isn't getting 4G Lucan?

May actually get a 4G mifi if i could get near where i work.
enapace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:07
Everything Goes
Forum Member

Im shocked they took so long to get to Aberdeen

Guess they can't be bothered with Scotland.

On the bright side Northern Ireland has fared a lot worse for 3G let alone 4G!
Everything Goes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:10
uno
Forum Member

Well it looks like Market Harborough in Leicestershire where I work is still missing off the list this was originally planned for June/July time but no sign of any work yet on the masts round here yet. 4G is really needed around here as the town keeps expanding in size with new business and homes being built, The fastest speed you can get on EE anywhere regardless of time of day is 3mb and often sub 1mb during the day.

In fact the roll out around Leicestershire seems to have stopped over the last month or so as not noticed any increases of coverage travelling around and the coverage map confirms this. Coverage currently stops a 5 miles south of the city but then going North coverage all the way up to Nottingham.
uno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:14
lamby
Forum Member

Its been in Oxford for a few weeks
lamby is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:44
ozz
Forum Member

Still nothing for Peterborough and surrounding Towns, rather odd...
ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:49
eljmayes
Forum Member

Still nothing for Peterborough and surrounding Towns, rather odd...
And Lincoln.
eljmayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 13:45
Ultraman1966
Forum Member

I don't think Cambridge is on the list either, is it?
Ultraman1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 13:56
coolmp3
Forum Member

I thought Milton Keynes was going to be June, not end of the year!
coolmp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 14:00
KesterK
Forum Member

I thought Milton Keynes was going to be June, not end of the year!
This is a list of all the officially announced places that will get 4G in 2013, not date specific. If anything, the roll out is ahead of schedule.
KesterK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 14:18
PollyPerm
Forum Member

Was this list of new cities announced officially... can't find any press releases?
PollyPerm is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 14:28
The Lord Lucan
Forum Member

http://explore.ee.co.uk/4gee
Should be showing on there now.

This is a list of all the officially announced places that will get 4G in 2013, not date specific. If anything, the roll out is ahead of schedule.
Correct.