Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Amy Childs wants to be taken seriously as a fashion designer

Old 15-06-2013, 16:16
Azura's Star
Forum Member

Oh come on now people, I think you're all being incredibly harsh.
The delightful Amy is a true Renaissance woman - model, business woman, star of reality television, international celebrity and now fashion icon.
There must be literally tens of women who have been waiting with baited breath for the chance to emulate the truly individual style of their heroine - inflatable doll who has just crawled out of the bargain bin of a market stall.
Innit.
Azura's Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 15-06-2013, 16:24
fifitrixibelle
Forum Member

Never heard of her, but surely, being 'taken seriously as a fashion designer' is an oxymoron anyway.
Quite, the only difference between her and Posh is that Posh has married a well known footballer and managed to worm in amongst the A list.
Not sure why one is derided and the other not seeing as both share the same 'credentials' in that both seek out the limelight
fifitrixibelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2013, 16:29
Azura's Star
Forum Member

Quite, the only difference between her and Posh is that Posh has married a well known footballer and managed to worm in amongst the A list.
Not sure why one is derided and the other not seeing as both share the same 'credentials' in that both seek out the limelight
Whilst I would be the first to admit that fashion is really not my thing, I imagine that a lot of the criticism for Amy's latest foray into designing is being roundly mocked because
a. She's Amy Childs.
b. The clothes are utterly revolting.
As far as I understand it Posh's designs (whether you believe she actually designs them herself or not) have been pretty well-received and are undoubtedly quite successful.
Azura's Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2013, 16:46
fifitrixibelle
Forum Member

Whilst I would be the first to admit that fashion is really not my thing, I imagine that a lot of the criticism for Amy's latest foray into designing is being roundly mocked because
a. She's Amy Childs.
As far as I understand it Posh's designs (whether you believe she actually designs them herself or not) have been pretty well-received and are undoubtedly quite successful.
I understand VB has said as much (she doesn't design them) they are classic shapes with a lot of similarity to some other designer's - and no reinvention of the wheel - so with both those in mind I'm baffled at the praise she get's.
Especially considering the heinous and tacky outfit's and implant's she has worn in the past.
They are no different - Posh can posture and pout till the cows come home but it makes her no better or worse than AC.
fifitrixibelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2013, 17:32
Blondie X
Forum Member

a. She's Amy Childs.
Pretty much. Amy can ask to be taken seriously til the cows come home but she's famous for nothing and she now appears to want some form of credit for 'designing' tat that wouldn't look out of place being sold for a fiver at Dagenham market.

Whatever anyone thinks of Posh, she's been warmly received by the fashion industry and her designs are classy, elegant and wearable, even if they're not the most original. They've spawned a whole industry in copies - even M&S did some Autograph dresses which are very similar. I can't really see any of the high street stores rushing to get their Amy Childs copies out.

Also, whatever anyone thinks of Posh, she did have an actual career before she became Mrs Beckham and was actually better known worldwide than he was when they met.
Blondie X is offline   Reply With Quote