Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Laura White - Now Going By The Name 'Martha'!!!

Old 15-06-2013, 01:06
Master Ozzy
Forum Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcVNXp19fgA

She sounds amazing in that, but whoever decided that she should now be called Martha should be fired.
Master Ozzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 15-06-2013, 01:09
iseloid
Forum Member

Her real name suits her so much better! I really want a jazz and soul album from her
iseloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2013, 01:43
Dave0893
Forum Member

Stupid decision to change her name, I don't get what they think that is going to do.
Dave0893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2013, 01:50
Zack06
Forum Member

I watched some other videos on her "Martha" channel. There's one where she explains the name change, and it seems like she's going through a personality disorder or something. It shows clips from her time on The X Factor etc, then she goes into this speech about how "Martha is the girl I've always wanted to be"...it's quite sad.

Either way she has a decent voice and I liked Cathedral, but it's a shame she feels that changing who she is will make her more successful in the industry. I liked her when she was just Laura White, she seems a bit lost.
Zack06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2013, 00:08
performingmonk
Forum Member

Hardly anybody remembers her real name anyway, so why bother changing it??
performingmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2013, 01:27
21stCenturyBoy
Forum Member

I watched some other videos on her "Martha" channel. There's one where she explains the name change, and it seems like she's going through a personality disorder or something. It shows clips from her time on The X Factor etc, then she goes into this speech about how "Martha is the girl I've always wanted to be"...it's quite sad.

Either way she has a decent voice and I liked Cathedral, but it's a shame she feels that changing who she is will make her more successful in the industry. I liked her when she was just Laura White, she seems a bit lost.
It doesn't sound like a personality disorder at all.

She succinctly explains it as the name being a pseudonym and reflecting her "old soul" and influences such as Ella Fitzgerald and Aretha Franklin.
21stCenturyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2013, 01:30
Pumpkin Soup
Forum Member

Five years later and she's still saying her material is coming soon. Nobody cares anymore, 'Martha'.
Pumpkin Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 05:31
abrightyz
Forum Member

sounds like she changed religion...
abrightyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2013, 12:22
Smithy57
Forum Member

It doesn't sound like a personality disorder at all.

She succinctly explains it as the name being a pseudonym and reflecting her "old soul" and influences such as Ella Fitzgerald and Aretha Franklin.
It's not difficult to grasp is it? And I actually like it - it seems to fit her persona somehow, kind of old fashioned and quirky.

Five years later and she's still saying her material is coming soon. Nobody cares anymore, 'Martha'.
This is also a good point. I love Martha/Laura but am getting more than tired of waiting for her new material. She's posted on Facebook that she's got a publishing deal and has been offered a record deal.I really hope that means she'll release something soon. In the meantime though she's posting a new youtube video every week under the title Martha Fridays and this week's is epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiQd4...&feature=share
Smithy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 14:06
Bex.
Forum Member

It's not difficult to grasp is it? And I actually like it - it seems to fit her persona somehow, kind of old fashioned and quirky.

This is also a good point. I love Martha/Laura but am getting more than tired of waiting for her new material. She's posted on Facebook that she's got a publishing deal and has been offered a record deal.I really hope that means she'll release something soon. In the meantime though she's posting a new youtube video every week under the title Martha Fridays and this week's is epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiQd4...&feature=share
Martha Mondays would be better
Bex. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2013, 22:16
Multimedia81
Forum Member

Martha Mondays would be better
The August Bank Holiday 1987, Monday 31st August, will have been a Martha Monday. It was the day Laura White was born!
Multimedia81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 00:18
fireemblemcraze
Forum Member

Love it how people are now calling her Martha/Laura!
fireemblemcraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 03:17
SuperAPJ
Forum Member

Perhaps it emerged that there was another singer named Laura White and she didn't want a fancy stage name, so chose an old-fashioned, uninteresting alias so that it is all about her music rather than her.
SuperAPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 09:06
big brother 9
Forum Member

Wow. Love her voice, her look, her face , her voice love her.
big brother 9 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote